TheHandy and DeoVR without paywall

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Omnifish
Explorer
Explorer

TheHandy and DeoVR without paywall

Post by Omnifish »

Hello

DeoVR recently updated itself which disabled thehandy integration feature and put it behind its paywall. My guess is that they are trying to cash in as much as they can before VLC 4.0 comes out with VR integration. Nevertheless, had to spend an hour figuring out how to get around it so here is one method of getting around it all:

Prerequisites:
DeoVR,
TheHandy,
ScriptPlayer

---

Download the file "ScriptPlayer-PreRelease-1.1.1.exe" from: https://github.com/FredTungsten/ScriptP ... /tag/1.1.1
Download DeoVR on Steam.

---

DeoVR:
Go to: Settings\Developer\
And enable: Enable Remote Control

Restart application.

---

ScriptPlayer:
1. Open Scriptplayer.exe
2. Go to: Settings\Paths
Set the directory in which you have placed your videos and funscripts. (Note video and script have to have the same name but with different file endings).
3. Go to: Settings\The Handy
In 'Connection Key', enter your thehandy password (The same password as you use on thehandy website)
Click Ok.
4. Click Devices\Connect To Handy Directly
Should say Connected.
5. Click File\Open video
And select the video you want to see.
6. Click Video Player\
Ensure you use Local. Connecting to DeoVR can be troublesome. Easiest method is to start the video in local so that it is running.
7. Click Video Player\DeoVR
Should say that it has connected.
8. Put on your VR headset and start the same video and you are good to go. You can now also change video inside DeoVR and scripts will also change with it.

---

Good luck!
Undah dah seee
bobross235
Explorer
Explorer

Re: TheHandy and DeoVR without paywall

Post by bobross235 »

Hi,
I just started diving into the world of VR and now I'm thinking about buying a TheHandy. I saw your post here and it's clear you spent a lot of effort and then shared your solution. so THANKS FOR THAT!!!
I'll bookmark this post and come back soon!
:)