[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.0

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.0

Post by diogaoo »

The new version of Hero Corruption is out.

Hero Corruption v1.0

Changes:
Spoiler: show
  • NORMAL MODE
  • Being defeated is not the end: Upgrade your Hero between runs and be ready for your next adventure.
  • Info for those who deserve it: Unlock your Codex for real, all records will be shared throughout all runs
  • Haven't I met you before?: No more exploring the city and introducing yourself to the same npcs every time, we all remember you.
Progress is saved at the end of the run. Pay attention to the "Game Saved !" warning so you don't lose all your run progress
  • LEGACY MODE
  • The OG experience: Hard and unforgiving, play Hero Corruption the old way without losing the new content
  • No turning back: Game is saved at every step, choose your path carefully
  • No one gets left behind: All variables, including recipes, weapons and enemies are saved (at least until you reach a Bad End)
Thanks @fapnip for this wonderful script

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAUTION: CHANGING MODES WILL ERASE ALL DATA, INCLUDING PROGRESS BETWEEN RUNS IN NORMAL MODE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERO OF THE MONTH
  • Who is that handsome devil?: Your best Hero's name will be saved in the Tavern, along with his Score.

NEW ENEMIES
  • Leona
Maybe you already know each other, but this time you won't just watch, the Swamp just got more dangerous.
  • Rose
How big is too big? Find the answer in Dark Woods.
  • Sigrid
Perhaps a weapon is not enough to face the Castle's latest threat.

NEW EVENTS
  • Trader Girl
She may not have much money, but she just wants to help those who wander the Forest.
  • Quiz Time
Do you know Hero Corruption? Head to the Swamp and answer their questions to get a prize, answer it wrong and... Well...

OTHERS:
Anastasia rework: Rebuild from scratch, the Anastasia you knew is long gone now.
Added a new move to Anna: She has a new trick up her sleeve.
3 New Bad Endings: Anastasia, Leona, Sigrid
Added Anastasia Old pics to the Shop.
Added Leona's extra pics to the Shop.
Added a couple more dialogs to Alice.
Added extra dialogs to Leona's part-time job if the player have already defeated her.
Reorganized enemies page at the Codex
Increased Stripping IRL timer 1s > 1.5s
Recued IRL timer while exploring 3s > 2s
Made a couple of dialogs skippable
Added sounds to Kira's ghosts

BALANCE STUFF
  • Increased the chances of triggering the part-time jobs extra scene if player corruption is 10 or higher
  • Readjusted the whole Honor system
Shop discount increased from 80~100 > +100 to 200~400 > +400
Tavern free room increased 80 > 400
Tavern job decline increased 100 > 700
NPC dialogs were changed accordingly

• Legacy mode balance:

Reduced Bea HP 300 > 250
Increased Hope HP 200 > 220
Increased Julia HP 200 > 220

• Normal mode balance:

Increase Anastasia HP 100 > 120
Increase Lucy HP 100 > 120
Increase Laura HP 100 > 120
Increase Anna HP 100 > 120
Increase Lily HP 100 > 120
Increase Emma HP 120 > 150
Increase Serena HP 120 > 150
Increase Lisa HP 120 > 150
Decreased Lisa Invitation Creampie check 10 > 5
Increase Hannah HP 120 > 150
Increase Mona HP 120 > 150
Decreased Mona Invitation Anal check 10 > 5
Increase Alice HP 130 > 180
Increase Sarah HP 150 > 200
Increase Raven HP 150 > 200
Increase Mia HP 130 > 180
Increase Candy HP 150 > 200
Increase Ella HP 220 > 270
Increase Zoe HP 50 > 75
Increase Julia HP 220 > 270
Increase Hope HP 220 > 270
Increase Bea HP 250 > 300

BUG FIXES
Fixed accessories description
-------------------------------------------------------

v1.0b:
Added the Loot page inside the Codex
Reorganized enemies page (again)
Decreased Laura Game Over first creampie check 10 > 5
You can now give up on Mia's first night
Fixed a ton of bugs

Quick reminders:
Avoid playing in incognito mode, save states won't work.
I have received feedback that there is some incompatibility with Apple products, if possible use Chrome browser and Windows / Android

Version v1.05 is already out on Patreon:
Enemies peak hours, Multiple bosses, New enemies, legendary gear, bad endings and more
Hero Corruption early access is a $5 tier from now on
Last edited by diogaoo on Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
basedtrap
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.0

Post by basedtrap »

Run ending bug with
Anna's new attack
. I became permenantly dominated after escaping during it.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

basedtrap wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:01 pm Run ending bug with
Anna's new attack
. I became permenantly dominated after escaping during it.
Fixed ! Thanks
Play Hero Corruption 1
Bee4
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bee4 »

It’s not your fault but the game crashes my iPhone 8 on DuckDuckGo. I’ve tried Chrome but the buttons to press are covered up, also in safari.

The save state wasn’t what I was expecting I thought we would be able to save mid run to avoid the crashing problem.

It’s a very great game but it’s too bad I can’t get to the end because of the crashing.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Bee4 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:34 pm It’s not your fault but the game crashes my iPhone 8 on DuckDuckGo. I’ve tried Chrome but the buttons to press are covered up, also in safari.

The save state wasn’t what I was expecting I thought we would be able to save mid run to avoid the crashing problem.

It’s a very great game but it’s too bad I can’t get to the end because of the crashing.
Hi Bee, yeah, there's an incompatibility with Apple products. However, the Legacy mode does save mid-run.
Play Hero Corruption 1
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

Just giving this a quick try; looks amazing so far.

Found a small bug: I got defeated by Alice and kept the restrained notification after returning to the base.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
~Thamrill

diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Bee4 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:34 pm It’s not your fault but the game crashes my iPhone 8 on DuckDuckGo. I’ve tried Chrome but the buttons to press are covered up, also in safari.

I've uploaded an "IOS version". Take a look and let me know if the crashing stops.
Thamrill wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 pm Just giving this a quick try; looks amazing so far.

Found a small bug: I got defeated by Alice and kept the restrained notification after returning to the base.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
~Thamrill
Fixed !
Play Hero Corruption 1
Bee4
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bee4 »

Sadly still crashes, but I am looking into which android phone to choose. I’ve had my iPhone 8 for a few years.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Bee4 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 am Sadly still crashes, but I am looking into which android phone to choose. I’ve had my iPhone 8 for a few years.
Bummer... I'll remove this version then.
Might try again later
Play Hero Corruption 1
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

So, I've played through v1.0 in Normal mode several times now and my initial impression is that I really like not having to start from scratch every time. Being able to build on your previous success reduces much of the early-game tedium (getting backpack, forge access, etc.)

I have found a couple of problems though...
1. I was experimenting in the post end-game (seeing the effect of losing to the new/updated characters) and when I was fighting Rose, her physical attacks would nearly zero-out my lust. Her lust attacks did not seem to compound either. Simply incrementing my Lust by one. At the time my Big Breast addition was sky high, having just completed the Castle. I eventually let her defeat me with HP attacks, after which I was getting the "You can't stop think about Big Breasts" message.

1a. I followed that up with an encounter with Anastasia, who was doing the same thing (no lust build-up, HP attack zeroes Lust). And then visited the Deep Forest, where I was routed directly to Lisa and her Bad End (as if my excessive addiction had been due to her).

2. I was fighting Sigrid and I stunned her at the same time as her HP went negative, resulting in the screenshot below. The combat continued and as an experiment, I hit "Wait" a couple time (she did not die). Only when I attacked again was she vanquished. Is this just her, or a systemic problem? I don't know.
Sigrid.png
Sigrid.png (106.85 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Slagblah wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:37 am So, I've played through v1.0 in Normal mode several times now and my initial impression is that I really like not having to start from scratch every time. Being able to build on your previous success reduces much of the early-game tedium (getting backpack, forge access, etc.)

I have found a couple of problems though...
1. I was experimenting in the post end-game (seeing the effect of losing to the new/updated characters) and when I was fighting Rose, her physical attacks would nearly zero-out my lust. Her lust attacks did not seem to compound either. Simply incrementing my Lust by one. At the time my Big Breast addition was sky high, having just completed the Castle. I eventually let her defeat me with HP attacks, after which I was getting the "You can't stop think about Big Breasts" message.

1a. I followed that up with an encounter with Anastasia, who was doing the same thing (no lust build-up, HP attack zeroes Lust). And then visited the Deep Forest, where I was routed directly to Lisa and her Bad End (as if my excessive addiction had been due to her).

2. I was fighting Sigrid and I stunned her at the same time as her HP went negative, resulting in the screenshot below. The combat continued and as an experiment, I hit "Wait" a couple time (she did not die). Only when I attacked again was she vanquished. Is this just her, or a systemic problem? I don't know.

Sigrid.png
Hi Slagblah, Sigrid's bug is fixed, thanks for reporting it :smile:
I'm not sure what caused the low damage lust attacks, but i'm looking into it right now
Play Hero Corruption 1
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by ritewriter »

Great stuff as always.

A couple of bumps (ios/Edge):

Home image camp isn't showing up. It was for a while, but then it disappeared.

The first time I restarted a "save" it confirmed I had one, but sent me all the way back to right after character creation.
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

I tried it out this morning.
I was doing really well on normal mode until I decided to try fighting Leona... oof

I really like the changes, it makes the game feel fresh all over again.

I like Anastasia's new setup too.

My only real complaint so far are minor things I'd like to tweak for my own preference. Like I was enjoying the bad end picture but it progressed automatically... I wish I could click through it instead. Also I personally like the strip timers as a moment of anticipation and wish I could make them a bit longer.
I had a really good time. I hope to play more when I have another opportunity. Thank you
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

ritewriter wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:38 pm Great stuff as always.

A couple of bumps (ios/Edge):

Home image camp isn't showing up. It was for a while, but then it disappeared.

The first time I restarted a "save" it confirmed I had one, but sent me all the way back to right after character creation.
Hey rite! I heard you're creating a tease inspired by this game and others that I find quite fun, I'm looking forward to playing it, and I hope you're having fun during the creation process too! :love:

Sadly there have been some incompatibility issues in this version with Apple products, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to help, but if you have any suggestions I'd be happy to try them.
Kristycookie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:25 pm
My only real complaint so far are minor things I'd like to tweak for my own preference. Like I was enjoying the bad end picture but it progressed automatically...
I don't know why I didn't do this before, I think it's a great idea, I'll implement it right now.

Unfortunately I think this is the maximum duration I can leave the strip animations timers, as much as I agree with you, I don't like the idea of extending the battles too much.

I'm glad you liked the changes! Have fun!
Play Hero Corruption 1
LancerKnight
Explorer
Explorer

Post by LancerKnight »

I'll post a more detailed review here later when I've explored more of the version.

More importantly, I've been logged in and in-game and it doesn't seem to be saving my file currently. When I refresh, it starts over for me.