[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.50

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.50

Post by diogaoo »

Hey there, my third tease is out now:

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=50283

A roguelike RPG where you play as a Hero trying preserve your sanity while fighting against enemies. The catch is that some actions may increase your hero's addiction to sex and corruption, as these values increase the game will get harder, so managing how to and when to act is the key to a successful run.
I plan to keep updating this tease with new girls, locations and mechanics on the next few months, so any feedback, bug reports, anything at all, are really welcome

Changes made on this version:

v0.50b:
Spoiler: show
  • Added a Shemale Toggle
(although I don't recommend it yet)
  • Added a new enemy: Anna
Having one less girl in the first few days could be very unpleasant to the tease's progress, so I added Anna in order to make it a little more balanced for those who disable Shemales (she can also be found if the option is enabled)
v0.50c:
  • Added two minor events at the Forest: Wishing well and Goddess Statue
This should help controlling Corruption and Addiction in the early days

I made a Google Form in order to receive feedback from those who prefer not to comment through posts: There are two versions of the form, one of them it is necessary to log into your Google account, the other is not.
I will take both forms into consideration, but I will give greater weight to the one that can only be answered once.

You there, please take some time to fill it out, your feedback is very important to me.
Form
Form (one per account)
Last edited by diogaoo on Fri May 21, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.50

Post by pepez »

I like a idea etc :) but shemales and dicks are not for me :..
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

pepez wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:44 pm I like a idea etc :) but shemales and dicks are not for me :..
Added as an option, should be safe now :-)
Play Hero Corruption 1
Liquidorus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Liquidorus »

Hey there,

the idea of the tease is great! I like the last few teases like this one with a play / rpg style approach.
You did a great job.

I played 5-6 times and every time I try to escape the two girls which followed me (Don't remember their names) it failes and the game "crashes" in form of it doesn't proceed.

If you don't get some flasks to reduce your addictions you're pretty much doomed to fail at day 3 at the latest...
If there would be another possibility to e.g. reduce a specific addicition (Suggestion: With meditation and advance 2 hours for that and maybe with a very low chance getting ambushed while doing so).
Anyway I was able to defeat the strong presence as well after a few tries.

Good Job again, and if you could update your first post on the changes and improvements you do, would be awesome.

Thank you!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Liquidorus wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:58 am I played 5-6 times and every time I try to escape the two girls which followed me (Don't remember their names) it failes and the game "crashes" in form of it doesn't proceed.
Yeah, you're not supposed to be able to escape those :lol: I've already fixed it tho, thank you for your report
Liquidorus wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:58 am If you don't get some flasks to reduce your addictions you're pretty much doomed to fail at day 3 at the latest...
If there would be another possibility to e.g. reduce a specific addicition (Suggestion: With meditation and advance 2 hours for that and maybe with a very low chance getting ambushed while doing so).
After the day 5, you'll be able to found the City and reduce your Addictions and Corruptions at the church, but the early game is definitely looking too harsh. I liked the meditation idea and as I already implemented an event mechanic in the next patch (v0.65), I would prefer to use it in order to maintain constancy, but how about finding place to meditate in one of those events? Maybe at the end of the day I’ve already updated this version, I'll keep the first post updated and change the name of the tease when it's done :smile:

And thanks for your compliments, the rating of the tease is not going as well as I would like, so reading your message is very encouraging
Play Hero Corruption 1
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

This looks amazing! I took a look around but couldn't play at the current time, but seems very amazing.
This reminds me a lot of Corruption of Champions flash game.

I absolutely adored characterization of characters and the variety of battle mechanics (even if I only met 4 girls, I don't know if there are more).

As I said before I haven't been able to actually do the tease, but to me it seems a lot difficult, maybe you could rebalance it a bit to be easier, especially as it is only the initial part. Also, as a personal opinion, I think locations would work best distinct from encounters, as in one of my test I reached an abandoned laboratory 4 times in a row, even before reaching a real encounter. So maybe it would work best as a different area to explore and once you unlock the lab you can spend an hour to go there search for potions, but going exploring won't lead you back there.

Also, would be nice to be able to save potions for later, as I found an addiction cure potion as my first exploration result, wasting it.

I guess it all depends on the full game mechanics, these are just a couple of suggestions after a couple runs (I think on my second run I got 8 times the abandoned laboratory in the first 2 days).

diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Thamrill wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:26 pm This looks amazing! I took a look around but couldn't play at the current time, but seems very amazing.
This reminds me a lot of Corruption of Champions flash game.

I absolutely adored characterization of characters and the variety of battle mechanics.
I'm really happy that you liked it, that is indeed my inspiration :-D
Thamrill wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:26 pm even if I only met 4 girls, I don't know if there are more
Currently in this version there are 6 different enemies, some of which may appear:
Helen: During and after the 3°Day
Sandy and Wendy: After 18:00 of the 4° Day
Thamrill wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:26 pm As I said before I haven't been able to actually do the tease, but to me it seems a lot difficult, maybe you could rebalance it a bit to be easier, especially as it is only the initial part
I added two minor events in v0.50c that should decrease the difficulty by a bit, take a look and tell me what you think
Thamrill wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:26 pm Also, as a personal opinion, I think locations would work best distinct from encounters, as in one of my test I reached an abandoned laboratory 4 times in a row, even before reaching a real encounter. So maybe it would work best as a different area to explore and once you unlock the lab you can spend an hour to go there search for potions, but going exploring won't lead you back there.

Also, would be nice to be able to save potions for later, as I found an addiction cure potion as my first exploration result, wasting it.
Yeah, the potions mechanic are not yet fully developed and can be quite annoying, I already made a "backpack" in v0.65 (along with 4 new encounters) that should help carrying potions around along with equipment, materials and recipes; potions are not yet possible, but it is definitely in the plans.
Play Hero Corruption 1
heinochen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by heinochen »

Very hot tease even if there's only 5 scenes. The exaggerated cum scenes are great :-D
Has great potential as well.
Also, nice fixes so far. I'll definitely replay it.
Other than that I agree with Thamrill's suggestions/criticism.
No need to rush anything though, this probably needs its time to balance.

Pretty good job tho :wave:
hjdebel
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by hjdebel »

Hi,

Any idea when we can expect v0.65 ?

I really like this type of teases.
Have you taught about including a edge button?
or something to increase attack points?
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

I finally got the chance to play it listening to the audio.
First off, that's even more amazing, I see lot of potential in your work.
I found the statue and I think that's a nice addition to reduce a bit the addiction, I don't know if in c version you added anything else.

I have however another small critique, now that I had time to try it. As I said, this reminds me a lot of CoC, in that it's a pretty well developed videogame, with some amazing work in characterization, game mechanics and audio. It's all top notch, for a videogame.

However, and again this a personal opinion, I see this a bit lacking on the "tease" side. Also, I'm obviously basing my opinion on what I'm seeing so far, so maybe your future development already deals with my points.

I don't know what's your aim in developing this:
  • if it's to develop a videogame with incidental teasing, then you are making an awesome product
  • if you want to make a tease, then I would suggest a couple reworkings of the mechanics.
First of all, there is no explicit instructions and only in advanced stages of battle or on losing the player can hear the metronome, which i guess it's an indication to stroke, and only for very short time.
Second, the main character cums in many different situation.

So, maybe, you could add a little more instructional actions after being stroked/blowed/etc., giving a little more interaction with the player during said moments and giving us time to enjoy the action. Likewise, defeat scenes where main character cums could be accompanied by edging instructions, or something punishing.

Also, in order to reduce the difficulty curve, you could make it so lust actions only have a chance to increase addiction.
I'm just putting out some ideas I had after playing. Again, I'm a big fan of this work anyhow, I'm just providing feedback based on my personal tastes.

Keep up the great work :love: :love: :love:

Thamrill

Ps, I've attached a screenshot from the encounter with the two girls, I think I found a bug, as there is a reference to shemale which doesn't make any sense. Moreover, during their lose scene, I personally think all the white screens are quite annoying.
IMG_20210521_121457_763.jpg
IMG_20210521_121457_763.jpg (58.2 KiB) Viewed 6655 times

diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

heinochen wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:39 pm Very hot tease even if there's only 5 scenes. The exaggerated cum scenes are great :-D
Has great potential as well.
Also, nice fixes so far. I'll definitely replay it.
Other than that I agree with Thamrill's suggestions/criticism.
No need to rush anything though, this probably needs its time to balance.

Pretty good job tho :wave:
Thank you, I intend to add new scenes in all updates, hopefully by the end of the year there will be more than 30 enemy's scenes
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

hjdebel wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:47 am Hi,

Any idea when we can expect v0.65 ?

I really like this type of teases.
Have you taught about including a edge button?
0.65 should be available here at milovana.com somewhere early June.
I'm always trying new ways to make encounters interesting, an edge button could work, I just need to find a practical way to use it.
hjdebel wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:47 amor something to increase attack points?
One weapon that increase attack points by 5 has already been added on 0.65, in future updates I hope to increase the amount of available weapons along with accessories
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

These are all great ideas, here are my thoughts:
Thamrill wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:14 am I don't know what's your aim in developing this:
  • if it's to develop a videogame with incidental teasing, then you are making an awesome product
  • if you want to make a tease, then I would suggest a couple reworkings of the mechanics.
First of all, there is no explicit instructions and only in advanced stages of battle or on losing the player can hear the metronome, which i guess it's an indication to stroke, and only for very short time.
Second, the main character cums in many different situation.

So, maybe, you could add a little more instructional actions after being stroked/blowed/etc., giving a little more interaction with the player during said moments and giving us time to enjoy the action. Likewise, defeat scenes where main character cums could be accompanied by edging instructions, or something punishing.
The tool provided by Milovana is really versatile and because of that, my idea is to make Hero Corruption more of a game than a tease itself, I do understand this confusion, some moments, due to my bad habit, some dialogues ended up referring to the person (player) when in fact they should refer to the hero Ex:("You woke up", "You threw the potion", the handjob sound that ended up being a metronome, etc.), I intend to fix this in the near future.

But I must confess that I'm kinda afraid as I don't know how far this versatility from EOS can go, I have seen some teases being so slow to the point of being a little bit annoying, I'm also scared by the gallery filling up, but I'm willing to test that limit
Thamrill wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:14 am Also, in order to reduce the difficulty curve, you could make it so lust actions only have a chance to increase addiction.
I'm just putting out some ideas I had after playing. Again, I'm a big fan of this work anyhow, I'm just providing feedback based on my personal tastes.
You're right, I am realizing that the rising curve of addiction points can become a problem very soon. My initial idea was that the hero should have a hard time getting rid of these addictions, until it reaches a point where he becomes fully corrupted and get a Bad End.

For now everything seems fine, because the game only goes until the Day 5 (10 in v0.65) but after a few weeks for sure I will need to think about something, maybe some equipment that can reduce the gain of addictions or even the Perks yet to be implemented. I like the idea of ​​randomness, but only in some aspects like Loot, I would prefer if the player could control, choose and adapt, to a certain extent, the hero's weaknesses and strengths, hence the equipment and perks ideas

Oh, and thanks for the report, I just fixed that bug, also I noticed that you took a lot of care while writing your suggestions and I'm sorry if it looks like that I'm being a little inflexible in these conversations, English is not my first language and I still haven't adapted 100%. Thank you for your compliments and please keep sending me your feedback, I really like to read it and think about the directions that Hero Corruption should take
Play Hero Corruption 1
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

diogaoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm
The tool provided by Milovana is really versatile and because of that, my idea is to make Hero Corruption more of a game than a tease itself, I do understand this confusion, some moments, due to my bad habit, some dialogues ended up referring to the person (player) when in fact they should refer to the hero Ex:("You woke up", "You threw the potion", the handjob sound that ended up being a metronome, etc.), I intend to fix this in the near future.
I see, no problem, that clears it up.
diogaoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm But I must confess that I'm kinda afraid as I don't know how far this versatility from EOS can go, I have seen some teases being so slow to the point of being a little bit annoying, I'm also scared by the gallery filling up, but I'm willing to test that limit
[shameless self promotion]I don't think you should be too worried, I've seen gigantic teases being posted in the past without slowing down problems; I don't know what is the cause of slowing down of recent teases, but should it become too big to be playable online you can always release an offline version that uses my offline EOS viewer[/shameless self promotion] :lol: :lol:
diogaoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm You're right, I am realizing that the rising curve of addiction points can become a problem very soon. My initial idea was that the hero should have a hard time getting rid of these addictions, until it reaches a point where he becomes fully corrupted and get a Bad End.

For now everything seems fine, because the game only goes until the Day 5 (10 in v0.65) but after a few weeks for sure I will need to think about something, maybe some equipment that can reduce the gain of addictions or even the Perks yet to be implemented. I like the idea of ​​randomness, but only in some aspects like Loot, I would prefer if the player could control, choose and adapt, to a certain extent, the hero's weaknesses and strengths, hence the equipment and perks ideas
I see, however I still think the difficulty curve is still too steep as I was never able to beat anything coming at me after day 2.
diogaoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm Oh, and thanks for the report, I just fixed that bug, also I noticed that you took a lot of care while writing your suggestions and I'm sorry if it looks like that I'm being a little inflexible in these conversations, English is not my first language and I still haven't adapted 100%. Thank you for your compliments and please keep sending me your feedback, I really like to read it and think about the directions that Hero Corruption should take
Have absolutely no worries, it's not my first language either :-D
As I wrote in my previous post, now that's cleared out that this is supposed to be more a game than a tease, it all makes sense.

I look forward to future development.

Thamrill

PS: do you plan to update the same tease or upload different versions?
Last edited by Thamrill on Fri May 21, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heinochen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by heinochen »

My opinion on this often differs from the majority but i really liked the tease being rather hard. I see the problems you guys have been pointing out though and agree to some extent. When I first read that on day 5 the tease is already over and that I should restart I was irritated. But I'm a trial and error person and replaying it over and over actually felt very game-ish. Like starting a new run with new luck in a rogue-like. So I hope there will be a hard mode in case the game gets easier :-D I'm glad you're down for ideas and criticism and your plans sound nice.
Good Luck patching. :-)