Low-cost (~$40-60) DIY Stereo E-stim for Audio Input (based on TroniC's MidiStim)

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Low-cost (~$40-60) DIY Stereo E-stim for Audio Input (based on TroniC's MidiStim)

Post by JakofClubs »

It's wired as the basic low-cost build from: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23322
As recommended on https://www.smartstim.com/forum/viewtop ... 28#p234528

Edit: smartstim.com is down and it's doesn't look like it's coming back up.

Edit2:
Old Amp link removed because the Ebay seller changed the product substantially. This is no longer the same amp that was tested on Smartstim.

This appears to be a a similar version with Bluetooth, but no one has tested it: https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Bluetoo ... /B07GBPKD4
Last edited by JakofClubs on Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Low-cost (~$40-60) DIY Stereo E-stim for Audio Input (based on TroniC's MidiStim)

Post by JakofClubs »

paswis wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:17 pm you're doing rocketscience to jerk off :lol:
Well, if you count two hours of bliss with multiple orgasms "jerking off"

I got a smartwatch with heart rate monitor for xmas: Every yellow peak was a mild orgasm without ejaculation. Every red peak was a hard orgasm without ejaculation, with the last big one culminating in ejaculation.
Spoiler: show
2hr_workout.png
2hr_workout.png (53.95 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
Was stimming to the audio tracks from lolol2's The Estim Tower. Huge shout-out to lolol2!!!
mrman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrman »

Hi guys, in the uk we use a diff electrical set up, higher voltage etc.
Basicaly the 70v 10amp transformers are unobtainable, because we use 100v 10amp.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100V-Line-Tr ... 1438.l2649
Whould this work, im guessing at higher power it may proove a little bit extra zip, :w00t: but lower ranges in line with 70v ????????????????
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JakofClubs »

mrman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:54 am Hi guys, in the uk we use a diff electrical set up, higher voltage etc.
Basicaly the 70v 10amp transformers are unobtainable, because we use 100v 10amp.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100V-Line-Tr ... 1438.l2649
Whould this work, im guessing at higher power it may proove a little bit extra zip, :w00t: but lower ranges in line with 70v ????????????????
Not an expert, but the 100v vs 70v isn't the problem. That's just a nominal voltage handling rating. I think you mean 10 watts, not 10 amps. These are being used as audio transformers, not mains voltage transformers. Frequently one uses a transformer to step down mains voltage. These are being used "in reverse" to step up voltage from an audio source.

The one you link "looks like" it would work, but I can't guarantee anything. The frequency range of the transformer could be an issue.
This has the same EAN number: https://cpc.farnell.com/eagle/p634t/100 ... dp/LS01701

This appears to be the "TR-1005" from the approved list for a couple of pounds more.
https://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/tr-10 ... dp/LS01596
Last edited by JakofClubs on Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrman »

many thanks :-D i meant watts :innocent:
I never new there was a list of transformers, i must join smartstim.
Also ive found the tr-1005 on uk ebay, for anybody interested. £13.06x2
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TR-1005-TRAN ... Sw0yJegv0W
3.9 Ohm 10 Watt Wire wound Cement Resistors £1.89 x2
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Watt-Wire ... 1438.l2649
TPA3116D2 Dual 50W £9.05
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPA3116D2-Du ... 1438.l2649
£38.95 For core components is pretty good :lol: ill order bits tomorrow and report back, see how its stacks to 2b.
Kroligor
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Kroligor »

Hi! I don't have the option to buy on amazon or ebay. There are no corresponding transformers in local stores. And I also have aliexpress, but I can't find full analogues there either. Is it possible to use such transformers?
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hosenguy »

I am sorry you cannot find a useful transformer.
The one you linked will not work. You need the transformer to be either 100 or 70 volt audio line rated and taps at .65 watts and 1.25 watts to be useful. The secondary winding will be 4 ohms or 8 ohms, either will work.

I also searched around and could not find anything. What country are you ordering to ship to?
Kroligor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kroligor »

hosenguy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:00 pm What country are you ordering to ship to?
I'm trying to order to Russia.
How about this one? CVGaudio T-1/8 - broadcast systems transformer 100v, 8ohm, 1w
mrman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrman »

Hello :wave: Look for 100v line transformer - 4/8/16 Ohm - 10watts
Ive just got 2 x TR-1005 off the approved list, here are the specs including freq range for you to check.

power : 10 WRMS
Primary : 10/5/2.5/1.25/0.625 W
Secondary : 4/8/16 Ohm
Frequency range : 40-30,000 Hz, -3 dB
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JakofClubs »

Here's a chart of recommended transformers from SmartStim.com. These have been approved by people who are actual electrical engineers. I'm just an electronics hobbyist and can't add anything to what's already been written. They also have information about better amps and important safety information.

If anyone is looking for detailed information on transformer selection, it can be found at: https://www.smartstim.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=42713 (registration required) Edit: SmartStim is down and doesn't look like it's coming back up.
Spoiler: show
Audio-Transformers2.PNG
Audio-Transformers2.PNG (88.02 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
If you can't find the exact ones listed, any reputable electronics supply house should be able to recommend a suitable equivalent in your country.
Last edited by JakofClubs on Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hosenguy »

The CVGaudio in your most recent post will work. It is not perfect and I am only able to see the Google translate details from their website.
The reality is that the transformer is only 1 watt of power handling and may saturate during use. It may be better to use the T-3/8 instead. The 1.5 watt tap on the T-3/8 is a poorer match but you shouldn't get saturation.

It is really a toss up. In either case it would be better if there was a 4 ohm tap included.

With these transformers you will not get the full power to the trodes but it will certainly give you enough to tell if you want to continue to pursue improvements going forward.

Actually, it may be very functional, you will have to be the judge of that!

Good luck!
Kroligor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kroligor »

hosenguy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:19 pm Good luck!
Many thanks for the consultation! I understood what I should to look for.
Good luck to you too!
mrman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrman »

Hello while waiting for my bits,ive noticed that certain builds, and transformers use different outputs. ??????
specco 0.5w
parts ex 0.62w
100v tr-1005 on the list of rec transf use 2.5w
lolol2`s build using 100v has them out at 10w
Ill be using the 100v tr-1005, which on the tronic midistim drawing use 1.25w
Basicaly the question is which out put works best, i was planning to use the tronic 1.25w, as this build is based off it.
does a higher out put feel harder :huh:
Many thank mrman :wave:
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

mrman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:20 pm Hello while waiting for my bits,ive noticed that certain builds, and transformers use different outputs. ??????
specco 0.5w
parts ex 0.62w
100v tr-1005 on the list of rec transf use 2.5w
lolol2`s build using 100v has them out at 10w
Ill be using the 100v tr-1005, which on the tronic midistim drawing use 1.25w
Basicaly the question is which out put works best, i was planning to use the tronic 1.25w, as this build is based off it.
does a higher out put feel harder :huh:
Many thank mrman :wave:
The reason they are different between transformers is the turns count ratio isn't the same for those outputs between the different transformers. You can always run the recommended value and see. If you find you can't get more out of it when you "turn it up" moving to a lower turns ratio(higher wattage number) can add more headroom because it's basically adding more "leverage to the resistor" on the input(amplifier side) of the transformer circuit. lolol2 had a different design though, the resistor is on the electrode ide of the circuit, so it's different.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hosenguy »

The biggest problem with these transformers that are not on the recommended list is this (Referring to the list in the spoiler 5 posts up by JakofClubs):

You cannot find the engineering specifications so the turns ratio is unknown. So it becomes trial and error to get a decent stim box when you have to use the unknown transformers.

Of course you could buy and extra and unwind it to find the turns ratio but even then it will only get you so far if a tap that would be the perfect ratio does not exist.

Be aware the recommended list of transformers did have a trusted specification, at least at one time, but several of those had the company sold to China (or at least the production or product rights) so even that spec may not be trusted.