Constant Harassment, Bullying and Content Theaft on Milovana.

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
HentaiHoleGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Constant Harassment, Bullying and Content Theaft on Milovana.

Post by HentaiHoleGuy »

The following text is done by me, I didn't speak with Morexis about this post and I do not speak for them. My behavior does not reflect their will, opinion or anything. Just mine. When you have a problem with this post, talk to me.

So. To put it simply. WHAT THE FUCK.
What is going on. Morexis is making the best teases on this forsaken site.
How many ToTM they won since they joined? Every month?
The ToTM shitshow already showed how they is being bullied. And now this: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=46570
Some ***** just steals the entire tease "A day with Mercy" and reuploads it with a "patreon free content"
There can't be anyone who still thinks that Morexis is the bad guy here... Who ever thought that nonsense from the beginning.

Again, for the slow people. Not a single tease done by Morexis is "pay to win", "pay to play" or anything similar.
What they do is a normal sidehobby wich gives income. Anyone can play these masterful teases with month and month of work and enjoy it to the fullest. Morexis (and I; helped them with their tease) needed Months for it. So where exactly is the fucking problem that they asks for support?! What spoiled ***** goes that much out of his way to bully them? Creating hundreds of fake accounts and now this!

Yo, you admin and mod. I ask you to finally do something. Make me a mod if you want, I don't care.
I know taking responsibility for **** on the internet is unpleasant, but please just take one second and think about how you would feel if this would happen to you. You have to do something. Or, of course, you can let this **** bully all the other content creators until this site is even deadier than dead.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=107275 (the bullies profile)

(Great to see the Milovana team work on this subject and sorry if my way of communication is not perfect. Still, thank you for the read and work guys!)
Last edited by HentaiHoleGuy on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chual99
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Constant Harassment, Bullying and Content Theaft on Milovana.

Post by chual99 »

So.. there is probably a lot more backstory than I am aware of. I haven't seen any bullying of Morexis (but, as I said.. I didn't dig too deeply, so I'm not saying it isn't there.) If Morexis wants to lock certain endings behind a patreon subscription, that is certainly their prerogative and right.

I definitely agree that someone reposting their content and claiming it as their own has to be some sort of breach of legality. I'd imagine the mods will step in once they login and catch wind of what's going on.

On a side note.. how is that even possible? I wasn't aware there was a way to download EoS teases/scripts in a way that they could reupload it as their own?
HentaiHoleGuy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HentaiHoleGuy »

to Chual 99
Morexis released Lost in Lewd Labyrinth, the Tease of the Month was going normally, they were place 1. But suddenly, another tease (third place before) skyrocketed up and beyond. The average Tease of the Month votings where like 60-80 or what? That month it was 200+.

Glad you agree in some way :P

There is a really easy way to download the game's code. But I don't want to tell, as I am sure this will be abused even more.
hj9k1
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by hj9k1 »

Crimedick wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm The following text is done by me, I didn't speak with Morexis about this post and I do not speak for them. My behavior does not reflect their will, opinion or anything. Just mine. When you have a problem with this post, talk to me.

So. To put it simply. WHAT THE FUCK.
What is going on. Morexis is making the best teases on this forsaken site.
How many ToTM they won since they joined? Every month?
The ToTM shitshow already showed how they is being bullied. And now this: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=46570
Some ***** just steals the entire tease "A day with Mercy" and reuploads it with a "patreon free content"
There can't be anyone who still thinks that Morexis is the bad guy here... Who ever thought that nonsense from the beginning.

Again, for the slow people. Not a single tease done by Morexis is "pay to win", "pay to play" or anything similar.
What they do is a normal sidehobby wich gives income. Anyone can play these masterful teases with month and month of work and enjoy it to the fullest. Morexis (and I; helped them with their tease) needed Months for it. So where exactly is the fucking problem that they asks for support?! What spoiled ***** goes that much out of his way to bully them? Creating hundreds of fake accounts and now this!

Yo, you admin and mod. I ask you to finally do something. Make me a mod if you want, I don't care.
I know taking responsibility for **** on the internet is unpleasant, but please just take one second and think about how you would feel if this would happen to you. You have to do something. Or, of course, you can let this **** bully all the other content creators until this site is even deadier than dead.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=107275 (the bullies profile)
In a way, I would say that you should probably rather see it as the ultimate praise that this other guy went out of their way to clone the tease with all the content unlocked; they must really like the tease.

At least that's my take on it, to me it really does seem much more likely that they did it out of selfish reasons than that they did it to mess with the creator(s).

Now, of course, just taking someone else's work like that is not OK, and I assume that it will be dealt with if reported. Did you report it already?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Crimedick wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm

FYI I'm much more likely to see reports/pms than random forum posts
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Topo's copy of Morexis' tease has been taken down as per our policy.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could've done with with a bit less swearing but I'll give you a pass and assume you're just very passionate about the welfare of the site. ;-)

We generally do take down any teases that violate policy. Be aware that I'm doing Milovana purely in my very limited free time, so sometimes it takes me a while to get to it.

As for TOTM manipulation - it's sad that there are people who for some reason feel the need to cheat on a purely honorary title. Recently, Shattered pointed out an alleged incident of rating manipulation. I looked into it, noticed that there were four 1 star ratings in quick succession where the first one was from a regular IP and the others were from Tor IPs. I removed the bogus ratings and corrected the tease's average. Twenty minutes of my life that I'm not getting back and that could have been spent adding new features to the site.

That said, if there really is manipulation going on not of the tease ratings but the actual TOTM vote, there should be pretty obvious evidence. So if you guys can sort out which TOTM vote had the most egregious manipulation, I'll take a look. If I find something, I'll ban the accounts that made the bogus votes and we'll try to figure out the best way to make it right.

chual99 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:42 pm On a side note.. how is that even possible? I wasn't aware there was a way to download EoS teases/scripts in a way that they could reupload it as their own?
Currently, it is indeed quite simple to download a script. There are some features in the pipeline which would make it a lot harder - mostly they are optimizations I'm working on to enable even larger teases. But they would make the format that the editor uses and the format that the player uses more different from each other than they are now. And that would make it a bit harder to take a tease from the player and put it back into the editor.

Authors could also make two versions of their tease. One that has the additional content and one that doesn't. The one with the additional content could be private and the link shared with patrons. There would be a slight downside in that your saved state and ratings would be separate between the two. And of course a patron could always leak the link, same way they could leak the password. But at least they'd have to be a patron to do that.

Another idea would be for me to build a password feature that is enforced on the server side. Feels a bit like overkill but it's a possibility.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Complaining about toxic people with a post including so much swearing that it sounds like the most toxic post to me I have ever seen here over the years... :lol:

I have no information about the backstory and not really interested in searching for posts like that... but when I read a complain about "content theft" I have to think first about something different.
Imagine you are a content creator of visual art and someone is using your art without permission and making money over patreon with this... or are all those artworks personal created or used with agreement of the original creators?
Or is the whole manga/hentai stuff free to use for everyone, not really have any knowledge about that scene, but can't imagine there is no kind of copyright on that art too. :rolleyes:
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

smutface wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:12 pm

You know using overwatch characters is also content theft right? Not saying dont do it. Or that it it's not good. Just saying you cant use someone else's work then complain if someone does iit to you too :lol:
Obviously I'm bias because I do this, but I think you should register a clear distinction between blatantly copying an entire work and transformative content. The bulk of the work by Morexis is to create a story around a character that just happens to use Mercy as a framework to enable it. If Mercy was removed and it was entirely images of her own persona, I'm sure plenty people would still enjoy it. Wheras Topa copied the entire content with nary an individual thought added.
Lestat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lestat »

smutface wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:12 pm Making teases is kinda something you should just do for the fun of it. If anyone should be profiting here it should be the creators of milovana. It is their programming that makes this possible. If people want to pay that's fine have a link on your page like shattered and a few others. Pay walls should definitely not be welcome here.
How much of a percentage of the payments goes to milovana? The free host and supplier of the tools to create in the first place?
This.
Gentleman by day :oldtimer: Philosopher by night :hmmm: Pervert by choice :shutup2: Rebel by fate :punk:
manwithcape
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by manwithcape »

Lestat wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:18 pm
smutface wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:12 pm Making teases is kinda something you should just do for the fun of it. If anyone should be profiting here it should be the creators of milovana. It is their programming that makes this possible. If people want to pay that's fine have a link on your page like shattered and a few others. Pay walls should definitely not be welcome here.
How much of a percentage of the payments goes to milovana? The free host and supplier of the tools to create in the first place?
This.
Let the creator make their own choices.
Do they want to do this for their own enjoyment?
For the praise?
Or for money?

Of course I'd love it if everyone chose the first option.
But if they are motivated to create something for one of the other reasons, I won't blame them.
Praise and money are nice motivators.

As for milovana itself. The owners of the site have the same choice to make.
If they want to make money out of this, there are ways to do it.
They'll sacrifice praise since less people might visit and enjoyment since it becomes a job and they'll have to fill out income tax forms. But it is still a choice they get to make.
Xardas
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Xardas »

There's also the fact that quality teases, especially EOS teases with all the actual coding going into it, take a hell of a lot time to make. Like Ultimate Hentai Lottery of Denial 2 (which is not even an EOS tease, just a classic one) took me... something along the ballpark of 200-ish hours to make, if not more. That is a LOT of time to spend without any compensation, even if you love doing it. Time is money after all and at some point, you get to the situation where something's gotta go. And chances are, unless you are part of the super lucky, rich elite, the stuff that won't make the cut is going to be the hobby project tease making and not your paid job. I tend to see two kinds of people making the "you should do it out of passion and love, not money, don't be greedy" argument: people wanting free shit so THEY don't have to spend and people born rich who can afford to do passion projects with zero compensation, because they have fuck you money.
gfunk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gfunk »

Do unsomnus or other artwork creators get anything from their work being "repurposed" ?

That's probably the one thing that makes me uneasy.

I really don't know How I would feel if I made some artwork and then somebody used it to make an erotic game and then find out that they're asking people to pay them to do this!

Id probably want to be cut in! :-D
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

Who cares? This site is different things to different people. It's fantastic overall. It someone is trying to make money off of their tease great. If that tease gets opened up with a workaround, great. This is a free site. If you want your work protected, copywritten, and monetizable... build and manage your own site. Definitely don't complain unless you're cutting Seph in with some of the revenue since this site would have died with OD if he didn't make it happen.
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Xardas
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Xardas »

No, wholesale uploading someone else's tease is not okay, never-ever should be, regardless whether money is involved or not.

Also, you do realize that "ah, who cares about the makers of the teases anyway? F'em, just give me my teases to fap to" is entitled as shit and a great way to chase away the people who are making said teases to fap to. Just saying.
Jerk boi
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Jerk boi »

OK, guys, we are not talking about repurposing or using characters from a different franchise, we are talking about wholesale taking something that someone is selling and then distributing it for free.

It's not using an overwatch character it's like taking overwatch the game and saying you made it and anyone can use it for free. It's piracy and against the law.