Here are EOS tutorials

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
michaelson
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Re: Here are EOS tutorials

Post by michaelson »

Hello everyone! I'm creating my first eos tease and I'm stuck in a certain place. I'm counting on help. At some point in tease I want to give the player the option to choose between two available options, so I used the "choice" action and I created two options to choose from. An audio file with a beat is still playing in the background. After making a selection, each of them refers to a specific page and the tease continues. But I want the player to make a choice within a certain time, and if the player does not make any choice from the two available ones, I want the tease to continue automatically on a specific page. I think I should use the "if" action, but then the problem arises because I don't know at all the Javascript and I don't know how or what to write so that the tease automatically continues where I want it to.

Can anyone help? What command should I write there to make it work properly? Or maybe there is another way to do it without having to use Javascript? I'm counting on help from someone kind. PS. I hope I explained the problem well. English is not my primary language. Be understanding :)
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

The way I would do it is to create a timer right before your choice action. Then set that timer to hidden (or you could make it secret - try both and see what you think is better) and also set it to asynchronous. By setting it to async mode you can give it an action for what happens when the timer runs out. That action can be a go-to to your default page.

However, this style only works when your choices are go-tos which will make the timer go away when a choice is actually made because when a new page loads the async timers go away.

If this doesn't make enough sense I'm happy to make screenshots to help even more!
michaelson
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by michaelson »

indyc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:33 pm The way I would do it is to create a timer right before your choice action. Then set that timer to hidden (or you could make it secret - try both and see what you think is better) and also set it to asynchronous. By setting it to async mode you can give it an action for what happens when the timer runs out. That action can be a go-to to your default page.

However, this style only works when your choices are go-tos which will make the timer go away when a choice is actually made because when a new page loads the async timers go away.

If this doesn't make enough sense I'm happy to make screenshots to help even more!
This is exactly what I wanted, a simple solution. Thank you!!
Jackall
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Jackall »

Id like to display a number variable with an icon next to it all the time (on the side). Some teases utilize this please tell me how - but only if it doesnt take up the notification bar, because i use that sometimes already in my tease as a paralell longer timer. Afaik there can only be one notification bar.
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Post by undeniable_denial »

Jackall wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:19 pm Afaik there can only be one notification bar.
There can be several. Give it a unique ID like "score", then you can display your variable like this:

Code: Select all

Notification.get("score").setTitle("Score: "+myVariable+"❤️");
Jackall
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Jackall »

simpler than i thougt. thanks
Wasserflasche03
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Wasserflasche03 »

Thank you undeniable_denial and PlayfulGuy for your answers. Sorry I'm only responding now, but due to the extended maintenance I hadn't looked at the forum in a while.

I already had the idea with the black image, but that would have destroyed the immersion for me. The idea with the line works better, although I wonder why the line has to be exactly 1000 pixels long. Based on this, I had tested with a point, a shorter or horizontal line, which unfortunately didn't work either...I will therefore work with the line for now.
whdmusic
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Here are EOS tutorials (Gallery variable)

Post by whdmusic »

Hello all
does anybody know a trick to choose different galleries depending on a variable.
I would like to make a cupfight game. There are galleries for each girl.

If this is possible:
The duel between two girls would be easyiest with a subroutine.
The subroutine would show the two girls based on a variable, which can be taken from an array with all gallery names.
The gallery names are a complicated string in EOS Editor, I know. But with copying all these complicated gallery names into an array, this should be handable.
im_inconclusiv
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by im_inconclusiv »

whdmusic wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 pm Hello all
does anybody know a trick to choose different galleries depending on a variable.
Hi there,

I am not sure I understood correctly your request since, in your tease, you are displaying pages not galleries. For sure you can set a variable to a specific string and go-to the page with that name. For example:

var destinationPage = 'sashaGrey';
// there must be a page named 'sashaGrey' among your tease pages!
pages.goto(destinationPage);
You can also use the concat() method to append strings, if needed.
Hope this may help
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

whdmusic wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 pm Hello all
I would like to make a cupfight game. There are galleries for each girl.

If this is possible:
The duel between two girls would be easyiest with a subroutine.
The subroutine would show the two girls based on a variable, which can be taken from an array with all gallery names.
The gallery names are a complicated string in EOS Editor, I know. But with copying all these complicated gallery names into an array, this should be handable.
This is not currently possible in EOS. The image is a property of the page and EOS does not provide a way to set or alter it in code.

I suggest posting a feature request in the Suggestions forum. The more people that ask for it the more likely it is to happen. Discussions in threads like this are likely to get overlooked, but a specific feature request in the Suggestions forum is more likely to get noticed.

PG
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Looking for some code help. Trying to find the sum of items in an array.

var list = [1,2,3,4,5,6]
var sum = list.reduce((a,b) => a + b, 0)
This code causes my tease to get stuck on the modules loading screen.

Anyone know how I can do this within EOS?
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

bbb11__ wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:03 pm Looking for some code help. Trying to find the sum of items in an array.

var list = [1,2,3,4,5,6]

Try this

var list = [1,2,3,4,5,6]
var sum = list.reduce(function(a,b) {return a + b;})
SecretTeaseLover
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SecretTeaseLover »

bbb11__ wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:03 pm Looking for some code help. Trying to find the sum of items in an array.

var list = [1,2,3,4,5,6]

You can also try this:

var list = [1,2,3,4,5,6];
var sum = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < list.length; i++) {
  sum += list[i];
}
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:31 pm

Try this

var list = [1,2,3,4,5,6]
var sum = list.reduce(function(a,b) {return a + b;})
This got it!! Thanks!!!
whdmusic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by whdmusic »

hello all
I am writing my first webtease. It's a kind of cup system. The game mechanics is done and runs mostly smooth. I implemented a solution to generate a function for different fights which can be used for a girl defined by a variable.

But I cannot find all mistakes. In the first runs, the tease ran quite far and all of a sudden freezed.
Now, the tease freezes earlier.

What possibility in debugging are there to find the problem?

I need to find these problems first, before I finish the whole tease with introduction story, adjustments of beats/timing and write a better ending.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 33d4343f04
Attachments
catfight-cup-invitational-2024-02-24.7z
(20.54 KiB) Downloaded 17 times