Sorting

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.

Sorting

Post by Guest »

How about a way to sort the teases by the rating?
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Sorting is planned, but also sorting by tags for example. At the moment there are some more important things on the to to-list.

But thank for feedback :-)
Try or die
havemercy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by havemercy »

I think alphabetical order is the best way to go. The teases are growing with each day. If then in alphabetical order, it will sort of be easier to find what kind of tease you are looking for.

And maybe have a list for the 10 newest teases, so we can find the new ones.
ts
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ts »

An easy way to see all the teases from one author would also be nice. - Sorting or filtering...

When there is a new tease, it is nice to be able to see if you know the previous teases from same author... And of course when you find a great tease, you'll want to see other works from that creator...
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Thanks for the suggestions Guest, havemercy and ts! :-)

Yes, sorting is planned (together with a million other features that will keep me busy for the next few decades :look: ).
ts wrote:An easy way to see all the teases from one author would also be nice. - Sorting or filtering...

When there is a new tease, it is nice to be able to see if you know the previous teases from same author... And of course when you find a great tease, you'll want to see other works from that creator...
Agreed. This is a must-have. I'll need to write the profile page first though.
johnno240
Explorer
Explorer

Post by johnno240 »

""""Yes, sorting is planned (together with a million other features that will keep me busy for the next few decades :look: ).""""

Maybe we should find you a mistress, seraphox, to keep you in chastity until you finish all the features. Might speed things up :-D
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

johnno240 wrote:Maybe we should find you a mistress, seraphox, to keep you in chastity until you finish all the features. Might speed things up :-D
It sure might. :lol:

But the problem is not one of motivation, but one of Milovana being unpaid work, while I need something to eat, too. ;-)
havemercy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by havemercy »

How about everytime you update something we send you sandwiches? :-P
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

I was trying to think of ways to keep this community alive as well as keeping the site free.

You might want to talk to the folks at orgasmdenial.com and see what deals they have for advertising and such. They might even be willing to do some legwork for you seeing as you saved their webteases. Banners aren't much of a big deal, Yahoo even has them. I think if you were to add something at the top of every page (with the exception of in-tease pages), you could really generate some money. I know you are getting the traffic based on the number of ratings each tease has and I don't think it would be too hard to make a deal with some people. Also, do not feel guilty if you do so well that you actually make a profit off of the advertising on the site. As long as you stay dedicated to keeping the site free, I am sure nobody would argue with the thought of you being able to buy your own sandwich every once in a while. That way, we could save money on having to ship them to you.
Fabian
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Fabian »

First of all, thank you so much for bringing the webteases back to life!

A suggestion though: i like to keep track of the webteases i liked best. Normally i would just write down the page number. This doesn't work because as new teases are added, the page number changes. A tease that is now on page 20 (the oldest ones), will be on another page next month (e.g. page 22). Would it be possible to just reverse the page number count. The ones that were posted first (the oldest ones) would remain on page 1 and so forth.
Being illiterate in programming, i don't know whether this is a difficult and/or time consuming task for the administrators.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Fabian:
Instead of keeping track of the page, why don't you just save the link of the webtease itself?

Each webtease has an ID that is fixed:
http://www.milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=462

This URL will always lead to the same tease.

What I would do in you situation is: I would create a bookmark folder "Webteases" in your browser and then go to the tease list and just drag (from the tease title) the teases over to the bookmark folder. Then you have a list of your favorites that you can bring up at any time.
Fabian
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Fabian »

Thanks. That is, indeed, a good idea. I'll give it a try.
blue_down_under
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by blue_down_under »

havemercy wrote:I think alphabetical order is the best way to go. The teases are growing with each day. If then in alphabetical order, it will sort of be easier to find what kind of tease you are looking for.

And maybe have a list for the 10 newest teases, so we can find the new ones.

How, exactly? I don't think I've ever thought, "Hmm, today I want to see a tease begining with J, damn I wish they had alphabetical sorting" :lol:

The author and ratings sorting options, however, are solid ideas, and I hope they get thrown in soon.

Also bondageslaves ideas for advertising could help with the cost of running the site, Seraphox, so you might want to look into them if you haven't already.