Need for Moderator

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
titan
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Need for Moderator

Post by titan »

Yeah, I totally agree. RealDominatrix has posted I believe 4 different teases that are about 4 pages in length that all end with the reader being instructed to visit another website to "continue".
Spoiler: show
Current mood.. as of Mar. 19, 2016
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Dom (Male)
Dom/me(s): Anyone interested?
Sub/Slave(s): None right now.

Post by Tury »

I agree. Possibly, it should be that you have to attain permission to place a link to an outside site before creating the tease/or putting it in your tease.

Maybe keep a list of approved/unapproved sites.

My 2 cents.
If you have no reason to live, find a reason to keep living.

-Me
bondfan
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by bondfan »

I think teases can still be admitted directly. But there should either be a report option or several trustworthy mods (there are quite some people spending a lot of time here^^) that can delete those spam teases when they find them.
Mosbles
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Mosbles »

bondfan wrote:I think teases can still be admitted directly. But there should either be a report option or several trustworthy mods (there are quite some people spending a lot of time here^^) that can delete those spam teases when they find them.
I think this is the best idea, it would be unfair to the tease writers to have to wait for moderation just because a couple spammers have tried to use the site to their benefit
Danny16
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Danny16 »

Like a Wikipedia style of self policing?
Just pick a few robots and let's party!

Online female domination blog
DoxysTurtle
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DoxysTurtle »

The ability to rate teases and those with low enough ratings being hidden is the current method of the community moderating this.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

DoxysTurtle wrote:The ability to rate teases and those with low enough ratings being hidden is the current method of the community moderating this.
I think this system works well enough, but with the amount of spamming that these accounts are doing I don't think the system can really cope.

I like the idea of a report button with a "tease mod" who can give them a quick once over to see if they need removal.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
mksl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mksl »

DoxysTurtle wrote:The ability to rate teases and those with low enough ratings being hidden is the current method of the community moderating this.
Which would be fine if the person behind these "teases" wouldn't use some methods to get fake votes.

Saw one of these teases when it was posted just a few seconds ago and a few minutes later it had well over a hundred votes. Positive votes that make downvoting quite useless, as you'll have trouble to get it below a 2.0 rating
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by mangoman »

I totally agree. We need someone to monitor this.

I'm not the most active guy on the forums, but I spend a lot of time on Milovana. If you'd need someone for the position of a Moderator, I'd do it.

Anyway, hopefully we can do something about this. Rating the tease just takes too long.
tBone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tBone »

I'm willing to vote myself as a tease moderator. I usually check for new content and such a couple times a day, wouldn't be a hassle. I could also help through some code together to get it working.
MyFreeCams: Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing!

Protip: Use https://mega.co.nz/ for uploads.
Won't need to upload it anywhere else because it doesn't have the shitty restrictions all the others have. Besides emp, some people like seeding there, so keep that.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

Someone really has to do something with this stupid spam. We're getting a new fake tease every day now, it's really annoying.
Banquo wrote:I like the idea of a report button with a "tease mod" who can give them a quick once over to see if they need removal.
Report button and several moderators who would delete spam and single page teases from people looking for doms is probably the best solution.

Also, I think there should be an option for people to choose if they would like to hide reported teases like it works now when tease has a really bad rating.
NSK101
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by NSK101 »

It is so annoying, it is watering down the high quality teases this site has to offer with spam. Myself along with others could surely just moderate and remove such teases as the ones we are discussing now.
thequeenofcunt
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress

Post by thequeenofcunt »

I'm all for the idea of having a report system and a moderator to follow up on reported teases.

However the suggestions of limiting or controlling links in teases and direct moderation before release would increase the already time consuming task of making good teases and put some people off.

There are idiots and spammers out there who utilize this site for their own personal gain and that definitely needs to stop but we must ensure that people who write actual teases are not penalized or put off if we are to keep the unique spirit and atmosphere of milovana alive.
masterofkunt
Explorer
Explorer

Post by masterofkunt »

Now they have stolen the O-Control title and used it on their tease to pretend to be legit.... someone needs to ban this person
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

masterofkunt wrote:Now they have stolen the O-Control title and used it on their tease to pretend to be legit.... someone needs to ban this person
I second this. The spam teases are bad enough, but this is seriously crossing the line.