New Game: Grammar

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
pegmesenseless
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

New Game: Grammar

Post by pegmesenseless »

Every time there's a grammatical error in a tease, edge.

Hope you have some tissues nearby.
Oda
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: New Game: Grammar

Post by Oda »

Why i am not suprised that this rude Statement, comes from somebody of the USA? Please Keep in mind, that ther are People, who weren´t so blessed and speak english just as their second and third language.
"That will never happen."/ Quote (and most amazing words i ever heard) by an very close friend of mine
tallguy2241
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tallguy2241 »

And why am I not surprised that a disparaging remark about Americans comes from a European?

Seriously, not all Americans are ignorant assholes, don't be one in return.
Oda
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Oda »

Please show me the part, were i say that all americans are like this. :)

I am well aware of this and count some american people as my friends. So please, if you want to critic me... read it first :D
"That will never happen."/ Quote (and most amazing words i ever heard) by an very close friend of mine
Arucanis
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Arucanis »

Oda wrote:Why am I not surprised that this rude statement* comes from somebody of the USA? Please keep in mind* that there are people* who weren't so blessed and speak English just as their second or third language.
* indicates an unnecessary comma

There, I fixed it for you. Bad grammar is still bad even if you have an excuse. It detracts from the experience when I notice spelling and grammar errors; even if I don't hold it against you personally, your tease will be worse off for it.
Oda
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Oda »

Oh really? Mistakles make a tease not so good? OMG :D

Really? Are you so close minded, that you can´t even tolerate a few mistakes? If a tease is good you will tolerate it and when it isn´t... well... it isn´t a good tease to begin with. So please keep your pseudo intelligent stuff for yourself. Mistakes can be made and so there is no reason at all to insult people like that. people who try to create something for everyone to enjoy. If you mind that because of some mistakes... well... you don´t need to do them :)
Onepiecefan
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: None of the above
Dom/me(s): no one...
Sub/Slave(s): no one as well^^

Post by Onepiecefan »

:soldiers:
not all Americans are ignorant assholes
:soldiers:

Ohhh my god :rofl:

YOU ARE RIGHT. Only people who believe they are superior and need to be the police of the world are assholes :beer2:

a fact:

in the last elect (USA) 47,21 % Americans choose a man who wanted to open a window in a flying plan.
Half of American are stupid. Its a damn fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an other fact:

In Germany people are as stupid as in the USA. In our last elect we choose a bunch of stupid monkeys which tell us to be a "green nation" and just now they will remove nearly all financial support for wind/solar energy. That is so stupid and embarrassing... anyway...

In every country people drink, eat, fuck, shit, sleep... a lot of people around the world are stupid or assholes. :mbounce:

BUT we love all the same

And thats why we are here :-P

So don't take it personal and just be a horny guy how likes to stroke or to fuck or even do both at the same time :thumbsup:

and now:

Every time there's a grammatical error in my text, edge.

:innocent:
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator

Post by SexualChoc »

Jsut becuase their is an eerror
does not make me ignorant :-P

it means i am challenging the consept of launguage.. and possibly creating NEW spellings, alternatives...
don't get in thew way of progress...

errors on porpoise
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
funwithcum
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by funwithcum »

i am an american with a learning disorder and to me all this talk about grammar is bull shit. it is not only people that have English as there second or third language that fuck up try with grammar. i try my best to make my teases correctly and that how i look at others. if some one has run on sentences or commas and periods in wrong places don't bad mouth the tease in general. you never know the circumstances behind the tease. I know my grammar is not perfect but it works for me and i make my teases for me.
DellaRoss
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by DellaRoss »

funwithcum wrote:i am an american with a learning disorder and to me all this talk about grammar is bull shit. it is not only people that have English as there second or third language that fuck up try with grammar. i try my best to make my teases correctly and that how i look at others. if some one has run on sentences or commas and periods in wrong places don't bad mouth the tease in general. you never know the circumstances behind the tease. I know my grammar is not perfect but it works for me and i make my teases for me.
^
This is why I wish you could "like" things on Milo. I understand the frustrations of the OP. However, as someone who has struggled with certain aspects of grammar my whole life it bothers me deeply to see this thread. Milo is a place where we accept so many different people from different walks of life. Please Everyone try to remember that just b/c a person has problems with grammar, spelling or punctuation, does not mean they are stupid or uneducated. By the same token, just because a person is bothered by errors in the above areas, does not mean that they are rude, or a snob. We all have things that bother us and we all as a community should be able to look past that and see what we have in common.....

Sorry, I think I got off on a tangent there,
Della
"To anyone who has stood at someones side and looked into the abyss and found both charm, attraction and love, for we are not made up only of our light and happiness but also our darkness and sorrow. To deny the darkness of yourself is to deny half of who you are, and when you love, truly love, you need to love the whole person not just the part that smiles and waves, but the part that thinks murderous thoughts and knows that pain is both pleasure and temptation, but still thinks puppies are really cute" -LKH

"I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.- Poison Ivy

"I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos"- Jared and the Long Road to Love

"You do what we want, or I will peel your mind away like the layers of an onion. You DO believe I can do that, don't you?"- Nikolaos
Please?

Post by Please? »

:-/
Last edited by Please? on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arucanis
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Arucanis »

I'd just like to state that I never insulted anyone and I never insinuated that people who make spelling or grammar mistakes are stupid or bad people.
Are you so close minded, that you can´t even tolerate a few mistakes? If a tease is good you will tolerate it and when it isn´t... well... it isn´t a good tease to begin with.
Unquestionably, a tease with distracting grammatical errors would be better off if they were fixed. That does not mean that all grammatically correct teases are superior to those with errors. Often I will tolerate it, but the experience is incredibly frustrating because I know the creator can do better.

Writing a tease is a creative process; it's art. The residents of Milovana might practice their arts for more base reasons than typical, but it's an art nonetheless. Just as I would criticize a painting's composition, a song's melody, or a film's pacing, I will criticize a tease's grammar because those mistakes are a failure of artistic technique.

You're not a lesser person if you don't strive to perfect your art; just a lesser artist.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

First this was posted in games not the art of webteases.
I personally do not do teases that have lots of grammatical errors. Ultimately it is not difficult to publish a tease that does not have them. There are plenty of word processors that do grammar checks and people have offered to do proof reading.
If people choose to still write with errors, that is fine, just some people will not do them as it is off putting.
If this was a thread telling people to only write grammatically corect teases in the art of webtease it would be rude, but it is not.
It is a game for those that would find it difficult to play those teases.
So stop being offended by some one who is trying to make certain teases accessible to people who would not otherwise play them.
bhlombardy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bhlombardy »

I have to agree that grammatical and spelling errors detract from a tease.

Text should flow smoothly and be effortless. If I have to stop what I'm doing to concentrate on deciphering what's being printed on the screen - then I lose my focus and my stride.

It's a distraction, to be sure... and a fact. So what the OP has pointed out is not inaccurate

However, like others in here have posted, I appreciate the fact that not everyone here uses English as their first language. So if I'm into the tease, I try and look past it. Sometimes, it's not so easy.

In any event, the OP merely pointed out the abundance of grammatical mistakes in teases, but didn't single out any one person, race, or culture, nor even intelligence level. What's more appalling here is that everyone else that followed in this discussion, on the other hand, has.

The OP never suggested people boycott them nor have them banned -- but you are all responding as if he had. Was the OP's comment 'necessary'? Probably not. But the few that have immediately followed were even less so.

Fact: There ARE a lot of grammatical errors in teases. For whatever reasons that may be.
Any rudeness or insult you derive from that statement is purely by your own design.

He might as well have said "There sure is a lot of purple scenery in teases. Edge every time you see purple."
and someone would assuredly get offended by saying "What's wrong with purple? Purple is my favorite color!"

Seriously.

Keep cool and move on...
Slutastic
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by Slutastic »

Well said bhlombardy +1
We are no longer all together as one but separate mental patients, that yearn to be ejected out of this poisoned atmosphere to a warm bed and a friendly therapist.