GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

adam987
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0): BETA Thread

Post by adam987 »

1. Would be nice and convenient with file associations: double click on xml-script then opens and runs the tease.

2. Likewise would be nice and convenient to be able to start a tease from a bat-file.

3. Video and sound in teases not working in Windows XP (working fine in Windows 8). Probably an issue with vlc and Windows XP.
Vlc below ver 2.1 works fine in Windows XP, but does not in ver 2.1 and above. Maybe not go with the latest vlc version?
sweden123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sweden123 »

d3vi0n wrote:Something new to play around with (see start of the thread). Another "proof of concept tease" for GuideMe that wouldn't be possible with TeaseMe: "Enter the daring world of monsters and high adventure! In this tease you can fap your enemies to death, grow your powers and fap more enemies to death while trying to achieve the Holy Grail of Fapdom, the Legendary Orgasm!" (inspired and quoted from CTI skirmish set by Slaveless)

This is an idea i've had for a long time, like an rpg tease. But I've been to lazy to attempt it
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

adam987 wrote:1. Would be nice and convenient with file associations: double click on xml-script then opens and runs the tease.

2. Likewise would be nice and convenient to be able to start a tease from a bat-file.

3. Video and sound in teases not working in Windows XP (working fine in Windows 8). Probably an issue with vlc and Windows XP.
Vlc below ver 2.1 works fine in Windows XP, but does not in ver 2.1 and above. Maybe not go with the latest vlc version?
1 and 2 are effectively the same thing and are on the todo list.

3. GuideMe uses an API provided by vlc which just calls vlc code directly, if vlc is working GuideMe should work as well. The xp machine I tested on does not have sound set up so I don't know if sound is working on it, but the videos definitely played.

If you have a working version of vlc you should be able to overwrite
axvlc.dll, libvlc.dll, libvlccore.dll and the plugins directory in GuideMe_lib with the ones from your working version.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

meson1 wrote:I've had a little play with it and there are a couple of things I think need improving.
  1. The timer needs to be more prominent. It looks too hidden away up there on the status line. It would be better if it was placed in it's own pane as it was in TeaseMe <v1.4.
  2. Above there was a request to have a small sound when changing page. The problem with this, is that sometimes you want to change page invisibly, a technique a number of Nyx teases utilize. I would argue that there should be no sound at all, or perhaps it should be that you can define this setting in the Tease/Guide.
  3. Metronome pause between pages. This has actually been an existing issue in TeaseMe v1.4. If you go from one page that is playing a metronome to another that is also playing a metronome, there is a huge pause that breaks the rhythm. It would be nice if this could be reduced or eliminated.
  4. Enhancement. You can override the text page with your own html via Javascript. But as far as I can ascertain you can only override the image with another image filename. It would be nice if you could expose the image pane so that we can override it with our own html. That would allow the option to format the image pane with additional elements such as text etc. But what it would let me do is use multilayer images (e.g. png and/or gif files with transparencies layered onto backgrounds.)
If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
1. you can change the font size of the header, but I will think about how to make the timer more prominent

2. is done (v0.0.3) but you can turn it off in the preferences or in the guide xml

3. is done (v0.0.3) will still be a slight pause for the first time the metronome is used but after that it should be seamless.

4. will definitely do this at some point if I can get it to work, the left pane will be a browser window so you can either pass it an image as now or over ride it to anything you want in java script. I am also looking at image maps to see if I can get hotspots on the image to be clickable. But this is a sizable piece of work so could be a while
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

New update is available :)

GuideMe v0.0.3
- Page Click (can be turned off in preferences or in a guide in the settings node <PageSound>false</PageSound>)
- Metronome can now set in xml the rhythm node
- Full Screen set in preferences (needs a restart to take effect)
- Header with clock / page name / count down now white on black
- Metronome should now not have a pause between pages
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
Kongming
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kongming »

Hm.. after the update the playback of normal soundfiles is kind of distorted! :(
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Kongming wrote:Hm.. after the update the playback of normal soundfiles is kind of distorted! :(
Nothing should have changed for audio.
It plays the audio using vlc, try playing the sound clip through vlc and see if it still sounds distorted.
I have played some sounds in v0.0.3 and it is not distorted for me.
What teases are you trying?
I will give them a go in both versions and see if there is a difference.
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

I didn't notice any differences in sound quality when i tried v0.0.3. I had no distortion.
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
Kongming
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kongming »

sry, must have been an issue with my pc. Worked fine after rebooting :)
MrDigital
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MrDigital »

I only want to say thank you for your very good work :-)

I like your programs and this GuideMe ssems to be a very good Thing after TeaseMe.

I'm also very interested in your skirmish-set and it would be great if you could upgrade it to new Versions with more Cards and instructions (more edges,....?!) :-)
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

I will try again
I am busy working now
which is good because money is finally coming into the house
but the bad news is it keeps me busy so it may be a bit before I can download everything
and try again

but it really does look promising :)
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
closetwanker
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Not Collared

Post by closetwanker »

Okay, so a long time ago I tried to create a tease using TeaseMe. I was somewhat successful but I never published it.

I want to try again using GuideMe. But I have absolutely no experience in writing any kind of script.

Can someone provide me with a good online tutorial for beginners? And also a good, free editor?

I've got, what I believe is a great idea for a tease.....at least for myself and would really like to make it work!

Thanks!
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

closetwanker wrote:Okay, so a long time ago I tried to create a tease using TeaseMe. I was somewhat successful but I never published it.

I want to try again using GuideMe. But I have absolutely no experience in writing any kind of script.

Can someone provide me with a good online tutorial for beginners? And also a good, free editor?

I've got, what I believe is a great idea for a tease.....at least for myself and would really like to make it work!

Thanks!
Tease Me was written as an offline viewer for milovana flash teases. It has been enhanced with additional features, guide me is a further development of tease me. So any flash tease downloaded using tease me will run in guideme. Any tease writen for teaseme should run in guideme.
Tthere is an editor for teaseme that can be used to write guideme teases although it does not support the new stuff in guideme.
(it may also lose guideme specific changes when it saves).
I also use notepad++ to edit the xml directly.
Microsofts xmlnotepad is also quite good which is also free.
Th e scripting bits use javascript which is used for lots of things, so there is a lot of info on the internet if you search.
If you are writing for the first time, I would suggest writing a flash or tease me tease first.
If there are things you can't do in teaseme that you want to then consider adding guideme features. If you post on here what you want to happen for specific pages then we will help you out with the scripting.
It would be good to put together a wiki on writing teases but there isn't one yet.
closetwanker
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Not Collared

Post by closetwanker »

Thanks for the help. I had the chance to spend a little time working on it today.....and have already run into a problem.

A button won't advance to the next page. My first button works ok, but the second won't. Hopefully you can help me out?
Attachments
Button Doesn't Work.jpg
Button Doesn't Work.jpg (143.93 KiB) Viewed 10561 times
xeenith
Explorer
Explorer

Post by xeenith »

the editor for nyx/teaseme that I tried (MWTEdit) seem much easier than what you are showing on the screen cap ^^
it's programming of button (and most of the tease really) simply have a field to fill with the name of the target page and you're good
maybe your editor is more complete and give acces to more functions, but you could make the basis of the tease with the easier editor, then switch for the complex details ?

I read the code for the skirmish tease on the new guideme.... yeah, not going to be simple to use the new functions available and make something simply MORE than a nyx/teaseme good old tease :p
but it's going to be sooo worth it hehe