Foods that will INCREASE your sex drive

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
jackstock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Foods that will INCREASE your sex drive

Post by jackstock »

Alliteration
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by Alliteration »

The description in the video says this:
"BBC news reported that scientific research in China has shown that a particular species of Chinese ant, the Polyrachis Vicina Roger, increases longevity in rats."

Ok. Where? Why doesn't this guy link to a primary source? Oh, that's right - cause it's probably bullshit. Without peer-reviewed studies, all he has is anecdotes - ones that are probably affected heavily by confirmation bias.

The description also says this:
"This extract is traditionally used to: increase strength, energy, stamina; strengthen the nervous system, improve digestion and assimilation, enhance the bodies natural detoxification functions, enhance the sexual performance for men and women, and to protect the liver."

Is that true? Well, if it was, biochemists would be all over it like it was climate change data. I keep fairly up to date in the latest science developments, and I've never heard of this supposed miracle drug.

Caveat emptor.
jackstock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by jackstock »

I'm not so sure it's a drug. There are many things on this earth that have great effects without many people knowing about it.
Why would he link to an article written in chinese? ;-)

Ive never looked into it, but perhaps there are people who have tried it and it works for them.

I just wouldnt like to knock something until I have tried it
chuck541
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chuck541 »

There are a few things you can do to make sure you are not low in testosterone, the main sexual hormone in men.

Take a look at http://examine.com/faq/how-can-i-increa ... rally.html

The gist of it is: taking vitamin D and zinc if you are deficient can increase testosterone production.

Most people tend to be a little low in vitamin D, especially in the winter. So this could definitely work for a lot of men.
Haggard316
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Haggard316 »

Alliteration wrote:
The description in the video says this:
"BBC news reported that scientific research in China has shown that a particular species of Chinese ant, the Polyrachis Vicina Roger, increases longevity in rats."

Ok. Where? Why doesn't this guy link to a primary source? Oh, that's right - cause it's probably bullshit. Without peer-reviewed studies, all he has is anecdotes - ones that are probably affected heavily by confirmation bias.

The description also says this:
"This extract is traditionally used to: increase strength, energy, stamina; strengthen the nervous system, improve digestion and assimilation, enhance the bodies natural detoxification functions, enhance the sexual performance for men and women, and to protect the liver."

Is that true? Well, if it was, biochemists would be all over it like it was climate change data. I keep fairly up to date in the latest science developments, and I've never heard of this supposed miracle drug.

Caveat emptor.
I must have this case.

Jerks off every day that ends with the letter "Y"
ronin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ronin »

jackstock wrote:I'm not so sure it's a drug. There are many things on this earth that have great effects without many people knowing about it.
Why would he link to an article written in chinese? ;-)

Ive never looked into it, but perhaps there are people who have tried it and it works for them.

I just wouldnt like to knock something until I have tried it
Cyanide is a great cure for stupidity! - no, this is not a knock at you - just a funny one-liner I picked up that seemed appropriate here.