Is The Urge Still Updatable?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
MaddieFay
Explorer
Explorer

Is The Urge Still Updatable?

Post by MaddieFay »

So, just a random question I've been wondering for a while, and possibly one that's already been answered elsewhere (though I couldn't find anything on it in the forums).

Is The Urge in any kind of active development anymore?

I noticed that the most recent topics are 2 years old and I always thought this could be a really amazing, constantly growing resource.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if new submissions were being moderated or, for that matter, what ever happened to Allison.

-Maddie.
Every woman's got a little dominatrix in her, and most of them don't even know it...yet.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is The Urge Still Updatable?

Post by seraph0x »

Hey, thanks for asking about the Urge.
MaddieFay wrote:Is The Urge in any kind of active development anymore?
Not right now. But resurrecting it is on my "some day" todo list.

Any thoughts and feelings regarding the Urge are welcome and will be kept in mind whenever we do pick it up again.
MaddieFay
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Is The Urge Still Updatable?

Post by MaddieFay »

Well, I certainly look forward to seeing it again some day.

One good way to make it a little more self-sustainable would be to allow the community to authenticate new entries and additions. You could have a way to view potential updates on topics or show possible new articles italicized or blockquoted or something so people know they aren't "official" revisions yet and offer viewers a way to authenticate the information, perhaps even publicly linking the authentication to that individual ("update authorized by Person" or something like that right on the article) to make people a bit more accountable for what they approve.

The only trick would be making sure people don't authorize their own articles. I don't know how your site and databases are setup, but I imagine it would be a simple matter of requiring a login to add or authorize and checking to make sure that the username authorizing is not the same as the one who wrote the addition.

Anyway, just a thought. I really don't know much about PHPbb or if The Urge itself is built on the same software as the rest of the site, or to what extent the things here are actually from PHPbb and to what extent it's custom. My PHP and MySQL knowledge is a little out of date, but if you ever have trouble finding programmers to work on stuff, I would certainly be willing to try to lend a hand.
Every woman's got a little dominatrix in her, and most of them don't even know it...yet.