Is this odd?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Is this odd?

Post by dix »

Although I'm pretty sure that I'm a sub at heart, I have a great fondness for watching videos of and looking at images of female subs in bondage. Is it odd that I like this even though it's in almost direct opposition to how I actually am? :-/ :wacko:
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Is this odd?

Post by Bandit224 »

None at all. Fantasies never match reality. In fact, they are usually the exact opposite of the person. There is a pretty simple reason why. Fantasies are a vacation from one's self.
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by dix »

Bandit224 wrote:None at all. Fantasies never match reality. In fact, they are usually the exact opposite of the person. There is a pretty simple reason why. Fantasies are a vacation from one's self.
I guess that explanation makes sense. I just ends up causing me a lot of confusion about what I really want I guess.
kinkyswan
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by kinkyswan »

dix,

Here's my take on the matter.

I, too, self-identify as a submissive/bottom and enjoy looking at pictures of females in bondage. I do not at all find this odd. Here's why:

1) I am attracted to females. Assuming that I find a particular model attractive, I enjoy looking at pictures of that model in a variety of sexy outfits and poses. That includes photos of the model in a submissive role and photos of the model in a dominant role, as well as other roles.

2) If the photo depicts the model posing in bondage, I usually imagine myself as her, while at the same time imagine her dominating me.

Along the lines of what Bandit224 says, a picture is a mental trigger for fantasy. We human creatures can be turned on by a myriad of ideas. Different people can like the same picture but for different reasons; a vanilla heterosexual woman might well like the same pictures of females in bondage that you like.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

I see several things

so you like women, a naked women might be even nicer!

also there is something about the vulnerability..of someone in bondage... that is kind of primal.
wanting to enjoy the person AND the predicament!

maybe your subby instinct is to please her??
even totally helpless you would want her to have an orgasm... perhps?
some subbies do not care if they get one, just so long as they can please a lady..
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
Johnmaster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Johnmaster »

It's not weird at all, straight men tend to be turned on by females. Nothing weird thing there.

Your weren't born submissive and arguably you weren't born straight either ( no I'm no kidding) :-/ .

Every kink and fantasy quite frankly is not you. Deep inside there is perhaps a reason, or perhaps it is just curiosity. If you can at some point overcome those things you will no longer be a submissive anymore. When there is an issue that concerns you, there is ALWAYS a way out.

So basically anything you do right now isn't that odd, but maybe you should just think about it a bit more deep inside yourself and find out what's really going on, you can always master yourself.
John Master
Allow you
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by dix »

Johnmaster wrote:So basically anything you do right now isn't that odd, but maybe you should just think about it a bit more deep inside yourself and find out what's really going on, you can always master yourself.
I've never really been worried about it, I just simply found it odd seeing as domming seems to go against how my personality is. I have tried it out in the past and it is fun, but it just doesn't flow like subbing does with me, if you get what I mean?
Johnmaster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Johnmaster »

dix wrote: I have tried it out in the past and it is fun, but it just doesn't flow like subbing does with me, if you get what I mean?
Yeah it just doesn't seem to fit your personality, but you can even change that if you try hard enough ;-)
John Master
Allow you
Bondageman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Bondageman »

I'm very much the same as you (and kinkyswan for that matter). I'm more a bottom than a top but I still get turned on by images or videos of females in bondage.

My theory is closely related to kinkyswan's second point:
kinkyswan wrote:2) If the photo depicts the model posing in bondage, I usually imagine myself as her, while at the same time imagine her dominating me.
You're probably subconsciously placing yourself in the tied-up female's shoes and imagining yourself in the bondage predicament. I know that's how my mind often works. But in general I wouldn't get too hung up on trying to pin yourself down into a category - things are never black and white.