Uploader problem

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
TrueFrustration
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Uploader problem

Post by TrueFrustration »

I have crafted a tease, and am trying to enter it into your editor, but I am having a problem uploading pics. I've tried on firefox and safari and the uploading bar fills, but I get no message and if I try to save the page it tells me to upload an image first...

I've definitely waited long enough.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Please try updating Adobe Flash Player. That should fix it. :-)

If not: Are you using Windows, MacOS or Linux?
TrueFrustration
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

I have flash player, the most up tp date version. I am on mac OS.

Sorry to be trouble, but I'd love to contribute. No big deal, though.
Loveteasing
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by Loveteasing »

I am also on a mac, and I have the same problem.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Hmm. I don't have a Mac for testing, so this might be a bit hard to track down. But I'm on it. :-)
Loveteasing
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by Loveteasing »

In the interest of full disclosure, Loveteasing IS Truefrustration. I forgot my login and password, so made a new account. Sorry for posting twice, but I thought it was OK because I tried on two different macs with different connections. In other words, the only common factor between the two instances of this problem is me...

But I'm sure I am following these relatively simple instructions fine, so I don't think I'm the cause.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

So, two connections, two computers, two browsers, same user. Hmm. Do you have any ad-blocking software, firewall, antivirus, anything like that installed on both machines?
TrueFrustration
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

No firewall turned on. No anti-virus...

Are you Dr. House today?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

:lol: Hehe. It might be lupus! Maybe I should break into your place to search for clues. :-D

But in all seriousness: I have no idea what the problem could be. If you come across any other symptoms, let me know.

Can you try whether you can upload images in the Nyx beta? If that fails also, can you describe exactly what it says/does when it fails?
TrueFrustration
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

I could upload images in Nyx, but with problems. If I had several files set to upload, the uploader would finish the first file, then hang. I could "cancel" and see that the file was uploaded successfully. By moving a different file to the top of the cue and uploading again, I could get all my files uploaded.

How do you then publish the tease after it is saved?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Nyx is currently just a beta version and there might be security holes, therefore FlashTeases cannot be published yet. We plan to release the final version sometime next month. :-)

As for the image uploading: That's exactly the same issue. The upload probably works for the other editor as well, but for some reason it doesn't report back in order to - in case of the old editor - let you save the page and - in case of Nyx - continue with the next file.

It could be a problem with a firewall/router or your ISP. Maybe an essential packet gets lost somewhere between our server and your computer. It might also be some piece of software that you have installed on both computers that is interacting with the browser. It's pretty clearly a network or client-side configuration issue, so I don't think there's anything we can do, sorry.
diddums
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diddums »

I have exactly the same problem. When I hit upload, the grey bar fills but I am then told to upload an image before I can save a page!
I am on Mac as well! (Safari)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, so apparently this is not a problem with Milovana, but with the Flash Player itself: File Upload broken on Leopard

If you're having this issue, try getting the current Flash Player beta for Mac.
man4teasing
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by man4teasing »

I have the same problem, with both the normal editor and with NYX
I'm on a Mac with OS X 10.4.11, and I've tried in safari, firefox and opera.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash. I have the latest version of flash.
diddums
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diddums »

sorry to report that I'm still stuck, even after the newest flash downloaded
:\'-(