DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Swordfish
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Post by Swordfish »

oats71 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:56 pm
That's great. How did you use the old save on the new version? Did you do anything in particular to transfer your saves from the old to newer version, or were your saves just there when you started the new game? This would be very good to know for people who are stuck and don't want to have to replay again with a new version.
I copied the /www/save folder from the old game folder. However I noticed there is no meditation app in my game, maybe because I'm using an old save, so I don't know anymore if it's a good idea to import old saves.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Hmm. It might be you’ve got an older version. I just put up the version with the meditation app up yesterday afternoon.
--Oats--
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Swordfish wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:11 pm
oats71 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:56 pm
That's great. How did you use the old save on the new version? Did you do anything in particular to transfer your saves from the old to newer version, or were your saves just there when you started the new game? This would be very good to know for people who are stuck and don't want to have to replay again with a new version.
I copied the /www/save folder from the old game folder. However I noticed there is no meditation app in my game, maybe because I'm using an old save, so I don't know anymore if it's a good idea to import old saves.
I copy an old save to the new version too, and the app worked.

Make sure to run the new game, and not the old one like I did at first :lol:
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

Despite the issues with first few versions released I'm really enjoying this game.
Spoiler: show
I noticed a bug with the Local History, Vol 1 and Vol 2 books. More might be affected, idk - haven't played through the whole game.
Failed to load: img/pictures/Manual%20Blank.png
Swordfish
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Swordfish »

oats71 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:58 pm Hmm. It might be you’ve got an older version. I just put up the version with the meditation app up yesterday afternoon.
Yea that was the issue :lol: The app works now that I downloaded the game again
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

oats71 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:29 am After almost 2 years of putting out the alpha version, The Beta release is ready!

Version 0.9 Patch1 Patch 1 fixes Spaces in filenames bug and missing wallpapers bug.
Mega Windows Version (5.6GB Zipped):

O - M - G! :love: Didn't know about this game until yesterday. Downloaded it and I'd say it's already my most loved thing in years! Thank you so much! I really like the story behind and also the game mechanics. Also it feels like back to the 90splaying Zelda :)

Seriously thank you so much for your work. Must have been a crazy amout of work you put in! Keep building!
From my side no basic problems apart form one which might be due to my Win7 system: Every now and then - after a couple of minutes but "time" itself is not the trigger - the GUI freezes. Like I can hear the game goes on and I can steer it/ interact but do not see anything. It's just frozen (like I can see e.g. with timers in teases not counting anymore...) While this is okayish as the game autosaves often and a restart brings me typically close to where it stopped - any quick solve for that? Do I need to update anything in my system?
EDIT: Copy+Pasted to a Win10 system and everything runs smoothly!
Last edited by richman2 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

oats71 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:58 pm Hmm. It might be you’ve got an older version. I just put up the version with the meditation app up yesterday afternoon.
I've reached a point in the game where I think I'm supposed to use Jena's summon ability to help my character jump down into a room, but none of her skills are available. Everything is grayed out and she has a status icon of a person running. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

zenetix wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:06 pm
I've reached a point in the game where I think I'm supposed to use Jena's summon ability to help my character jump down into a room, but none of her skills are available. Everything is grayed out and she has a status icon of a person running. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Use the meditation app to fix that problem.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Xero wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:02 pm Really amazing game, really like the pixel art and music. Everything is so well done. Its clear you put a lot of effort into it!

Unfortunately I hit a bug when trying to enter the library for the second time (I think its a library - the building with the nude sunbather outside). It fails to load a resource and now my save is permanently stuck

the error is "Loading Error: Failed to load: img/characters/ UsefulTiles.png"

I checked and i do have the file, it looks like there might be a space in the path name just before the "U" though?
That's The Museum.
Thanks for catching that bug. I've been trying to fix all those files with space in them bugs. I am going to upload a new version with the Museum fixed. It should be up soon, and have the version 0.913.
Once that version is up, you should be good to proceed. Otherwise, you can try the 7-zip tip which has helped some fix the error for now. Details are in the first comment.

Glad you're enjoying the game, I appreciate the feedback!
--Oats--
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:07 am
Xero wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:02 pm Really amazing game, really like the pixel art and music. Everything is so well done. Its clear you put a lot of effort into it!

Unfortunately I hit a bug when trying to enter the library for the second time (I think its a library - the building with the nude sunbather outside). It fails to load a resource and now my save is permanently stuck

I checked and i do have the file, it looks like there might be a space in the path name just before the "U" though?
That's The Museum.
Thanks for catching that bug. I've been trying to fix all those files with space in them bugs. I am going to upload a new version with the Museum fixed. It should be up soon, and have the version 0.913.
Once that version is up, you should be good to proceed. Otherwise, you can try the 7-zip tip which has helped some fix the error for now. Details are in the first comment.

Version .913 seems to also have the filename space issue. The 7-zip tip didn't seem to fix the issue either.
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

zenetix wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:20 am
oats71 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:07 am

That's The Museum.

Version .913 seems to also have the filename space issue. The 7-zip tip didn't seem to fix the issue either.
Yup, found another instance. The culprit was the " DoubleHeightItems.png" file, in case you haven't tried the fix with that file yet.
Otherwise, I will put up a patched version, hopefully I got them all.
--Oats--
empereur69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by empereur69 »

I have download the version 0.914 and when I start a new game I start in the museum.

Any idea how fix this?
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

empereur69 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am I have download the version 0.914 and when I start a new game I start in the museum.

Any idea how fix this?
Sorry, when I debug sometimes I reset where the game starts so I can see if there's problems there.
Then I don't reset where the game begins. If you had a previous game save, you should be able to transfer and continue where you left off, but if you're just starting, you'll have to wait until I put the fixed version of v0.914 back up in like an hour or so.
--Oats--
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

zenetix wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:44 am Despite the issues with first few versions released I'm really enjoying this game.
I noticed a bug with the Local History, Vol 1 and Vol 2 books. More might be affected, idk - haven't played through the whole game.

Had the same Problem. For me 7-zip didnt fix that one but just manually renaming the file to "Manual Blank.png" solved the problem. So replace %20 by a blank.

Then, I'm stuck and I don't know if I just don't get something storywise... So maybe I need some help:
ss.png
ss.png (632.78 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
I'm in the castle and did a lot of stuff, can even find Hailey in the Dining Room. But here, I can just use the two marked stairs. The left one, going up is blocked by a Maid telling me I cannot pass (is this intended? Also to block when coming from downstairs I mean) and the other stair brings me to the dining room where the door out is locked.
Talked to everyone but dont get out of the setting. Think I should go to library again cause found all Book Volumes. But how to get there?
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

richman2 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:58 pm
zenetix wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:44 am Despite the issues with first few versions released I'm really enjoying this game.

Had the same Problem. For me 7-zip didnt fix that one but just manually renaming the file to "Manual Blank.png" solved the problem. So replace %20 by a blank.

Then, I'm stuck and I don't know if I just don't get something storywise... So maybe I need some help:
ss.png

I'm in the castle and did a lot of stuff, can even find Hailey in the Dining Room. But here, I can just use the two marked stairs. The left one, going up is blocked by a Maid telling me I cannot pass (is this intended? Also to block when coming from downstairs I mean) and the other stair brings me to the dining room where the door out is locked.
Talked to everyone but dont get out of the setting. Think I should go to library again cause found all Book Volumes. But how to get there?
If you go to the top area of where you posted, just above the left staircase, you should see some water and broken floor. you'll see a necklace there. You should be able to drop down there, and then exit to the front of the castle. From there you can make your way back to the library if you want, but I think you'll need to get the necklace and then the way forward is through the dining room.
--Oats--