[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.90

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.35

Post by putkarak »

Hello, i cant get penpy folder in appdata. I got crash ingame when i tap on achievements... I using google chrome browser windows OS. Since HC 2 0.3 i also cant get Paige. She just dont spawns in any time i rerolled many times but still cant get them. Image how to clear my cache data? Thanks.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 pm Hello, i cant get penpy folder in appdata. I got crash ingame when i tap on achievements... I using google chrome browser windows OS. Since HC 2 0.3 i also cant get Paige. She just dont spawns in any time i rerolled many times but still cant get them. Image how to clear my cache data? Thanks.
Hey putkarak, how's it going?

Yeah, the game is looking for a file that isn't there anymore, it got deleted in v0.30 cause I had to make some changes to a couple of persistent variables. These kind of changes are announced well in advance and for the time being there is no estimate for it to happen again in the near future.

Anyway, here's how to fix it:
If you are playing in a browser you will have to clear the cache, you can do this in Google Chrome by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+Del". Keep in mind that this will also delete saved passwords, website cookies, etc... You can also try to play on a different browser or incognito mode.
All of this should work, but your progress won't be saved if you're playing in incognito, so I really can't recommend it.

If you are playing the downloadable version on Windows, just delete the folder "HeroCorruption2-1648729160" located in "...AppData/Roaming/RenPy" and you're good to go.

Just a friendly note: I've made some changes in v0.40 which increases Fame gain considerably, so if you manage to wait for a bit, I strongly advise you to do a fresh start next month, when v0.40 will be available to public
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

I cleared my catche but am still having the same issue
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (165.03 KiB) Viewed 8408 times
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:40 am I cleared my catche but am still having the same issue
Huh... Were you looking at the portrait in the tavern?

For some reason the game couldn't find variables that should be persistent between runs and new versions. Which is weird, when clearing the cache, the game should've reverted stored variables to default and not even show the portrait option at all.

Try checking the portrait again after getting a new best score. Also, when starting a new version, be sure to start a new run as well.

Let me know if the issue is not resolved.
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

diogaoo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 pm
putkarak wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 pm Hello, i cant get penpy folder in appdata. I got crash ingame when i tap on achievements... I using google chrome browser windows OS. Since HC 2 0.3 i also cant get Paige. She just dont spawns in any time i rerolled many times but still cant get them. Image how to clear my cache data? Thanks.
Hey putkarak, how's it going?

Yeah, the game is looking for a file that isn't there anymore, it got deleted in v0.30 cause I had to make some changes to a couple of persistent variables. These kind of changes are announced well in advance and for the time being there is no estimate for it to happen again in the near future.

Anyway, here's how to fix it:
If you are playing in a browser you will have to clear the cache, you can do this in Google Chrome by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+Del". Keep in mind that this will also delete saved passwords, website cookies, etc... You can also try to play on a different browser or incognito mode.
All of this should work, but your progress won't be saved if you're playing in incognito, so I really can't recommend it.

If you are playing the downloadable version on Windows, just delete the folder "HeroCorruption2-1648729160" located in "...AppData/Roaming/RenPy" and you're good to go.

Just a friendly note: I've made some changes in v0.40 which increases Fame gain considerably, so if you manage to wait for a bit, I strongly advise you to do a fresh start next month, when v0.40 will be available to public
Hi, thanks for your free releases. I cleared my cache 300 MB and i deleted cookies for itch.io.
I playing version 0.35 right now and i dont have penpy folder or "HeroCorruption2-1648729160" folder on my pc. I playing in incognito mode but process doesnt saves so i dont know how to clean cache by other way.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:31 am Hi, thanks for your free releases. I cleared my cache 300 MB and i deleted cookies for itch.io.
I playing version 0.35 right now and i dont have penpy folder or "HeroCorruption2-1648729160" folder on my pc. I playing in incognito mode but process doesnt saves so i dont know how to clean cache by other way.
Yeah, your progress won't be saved if you're playing in incognito mode :-/

If the browser's cache has been cleared, you should be able to start over. Your game will save normally as long as you are out of incognito mode
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

diogaoo wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:27 am
putkarak wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:31 am Hi, thanks for your free releases. I cleared my cache 300 MB and i deleted cookies for itch.io.
Yeah, your progress won't be saved if you're playing in incognito mode :-/

If the browser's cache has been cleared, you should be able to start over. Your game will save normally as long as you are out of incognito mode
i still cant start from beggining after cache clearance. i dont know how to reset my progress and start new game on easy mode.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:58 am i still cant start from beggining after cache clearance. i dont know how to reset my progress and start new game on easy mode.
Weird, I just tried and everything seems to be cleaning up properly, maybe there is something on your machine that is preventing the process? :unsure:

Just to be sure, here's the step-by-step guide on how to clear the google chrome's cache:

if you are logged in, consider logging out of your Google account before doing this
  • Open a new tab with Ctrl + N
  • Open the clear browsing data screen page by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Del
  • Click on the Advanced tab
  • Choose All Time on the time range
  • Checkmark all boxes
  • Click Clear Data button
Restart the browser and try playing the game, without logging back into your Google account. This should work...

Please be aware that this will wipe all your browser data, so make sure you remember/have access to all your passwords and and similar stuff before doing this ;-)
Play Hero Corruption 1
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.25

Post by spaisin »

Haven't left a comment yet, as the game has been clearly taking shape. I have tried a few (most?) of the versions.. I like where you're heading with it :-) Writing's good, things like the secondary modes after X amount of meets, nice :-)

Did manage to get 22/23 achievements across the two latest public releases, at least the tracking worked for those. Please don't break it again :-D

Hard mode is hard. Took about 3 complete struggle runs to get on my feet with enough fame-points not to just die to weakness. This is one of the games where the losing is the best part, soo... great! :-)
diogaoo wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:30 pm However, it turned out that I don't really want the Tavern in HC2 to be exactly as in Hero Corruption 1, so ..
Sorta obvious idea, but I'll spit it out anyway:
Spoiler: show
Have the tavern be a "neutral ground to meet the cast". A whole lot more writing of course, but having some of the chicks just loitering at the bar might be neat. Dunno if it would be a moneymaker .. unless you want to serve a few drinks, getting hired by the tavernkeeper herself. Tips as well for pleasing the clientele.

Might not even need That much writing, they're there just to relax, and teasing the poor barkeep a bit would fit nicely.. :-)
Doesn't need to be the whole cast, can also include random people, maybe random questgivers etc etc.
Different events for early / late times - breakfast vs drinks? If photosets allow... Anything's possible, but what's worth it .. :-)
Some potential bugs from the latest run (I've run into some issues, but not sure in which versions.. and nothing major)
I've mostly run with the Sluggish-trait that prevents escaping, I suspect that might be breaking some things.

Lexi: I got the bad trait developed, but .. I didn't see how to end the fight without defeating her. So, she's gone, but she was taunting me to come back soon. I dunno, either the writing just didn't match the mechanics, or a defeat was turned into a victory for some reason. Got the 100G and plenty of levels. And the bad trait, which also worked .. had to test of course.

Sigrid: There seemed to be two types of after-class addiction checks, neither of which actually freed me from the event, they just looped. The end-of-class bell rang a few times. Acted all kinds of weird, but I don't know how it should behave with the trait.
Overall, great work! :-)
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.25

Post by diogaoo »

spaisin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:47 pm Did manage to get 22/23 achievements across the two latest public releases, at least the tracking worked for those. Please don't break it again :-D
I will try not to ! :lol:
It seems that what was causing the achievements to be deleted was a wipe all data button, for some reason, it's function was being called without the button actually being clicked, wiping only achievements, weird stuff...
spaisin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:47 pm Sorta obvious idea, but I'll spit it out anyway: (...)
The side jobs 2.0 are already out, I think they turned out pretty interesting. They should be available to everyone early next month ;-)
But I really liked your idea, perhaps it could be implemented in another way?
spaisin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:47 pm Some potential bugs from the latest run (I've run into some issues, but not sure in which versions.. and nothing major(...)
  • I believe I could have written this part better, you can choose to be "spared" by Lexi, which will "defeat" her and give the Hero the bad trait, I've adjusted the text in the last version to make things clearer.
  • The after-class stage will trigger a series of checks, failing the minor ones will increase titjob addiction by +2; succeeding will simply skip a turn without increasing addiction.
    The bell rings after a few turns, which triggers another addiction check, succeeding ends the class, defeating Sigrid; while failing will keep the Hero stuck with Sigrid until the bell rings again and he has an opportunity to escape... Or breaks ...
    Perhaps I could also improve those dialogues :unsure:

Thank you so much for your feedback spaisin, I hope I can continue counting on you for the next versions aswell !
Play Hero Corruption 1
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

As always, a really nice work that inspires me to try something myself. I want to add some suggestions, from a UI/UX/gameplay perspective.
  • Switch the Submit/Resist/Struggle buttons for Resist/Struggle/Submit. It is really awkward when I'm spamming 1 (hotkey) for a normal Attack and suddenly there is a Submit query and I mess up.
  • Same problem as above when spamming 1 (hotkey), put another confirmation window when the player chooses to face a "boss" (and make it without hotkeys). It really destroys a run when I spam 1-1 to Explore/Forest and then finds out there was a boss there. The red warning is nice, but it may be too late for those like me that have faster fingers than minds.
  • The next suggestion is more impactful, and that is to change the Escape button for a Struggle when the player is Restrained, allowing a chance (based on STR and Addiction?) to be released. And, for extra oomph, allow that for Dominated too, but a successful Struggle leaves the player Restrained (and he can Struggle again to remove the debuff). This would generate an interesting push-pull mechanic. Off course the boss' Restrained would need to be renamed for something that the player understands as "not Struggle-able".
Keep up the good work!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Hey cristovao, thanks for the feedback !

I've read it a while ago, but I haven't had time to reply, sorry.
cristovaop wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:54 pm Switch the Submit/Resist/Struggle buttons for Resist/Struggle/Submit. It is really awkward when I'm spamming 1 (hotkey) for a normal Attack and suddenly there is a Submit query and I mess up.
I often find myself doing this, but I'm actually not entirely sure if this would be the best approach, while I don't think we should be spamming a command, I can see why we're do it, especially considering the grindy nature of Hero Corruption.
Still, I'm not sure if changing the button layout would help, as it could hurt another portion of players, specially those who spam "Heavy Blow" and "Wait".

I understand and share your frustration, but I don't think that would solve the problem... :weep:
cristovaop wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:54 pm Same problem as above when spamming 1 (hotkey), put another confirmation window when the player chooses to face a "boss" (and make it without hotkeys). It really destroys a run when I spam 1-1 to Explore/Forest and then finds out there was a boss there. The red warning is nice, but it may be too late for those like me that have faster fingers than minds.
Thanks to your comment, I've added a 0.5s pause to the new "Area Selection Screen" in v0.45 when there is a boss encounter on hold. The delay happens right after the boss warning, giving the player just enough time to rethink it's decision.
It seems to have eliminated the issue without becoming a nuisance.
cristovaop wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:54 pm The next suggestion is more impactful, and that is to change the Escape button for a Struggle when the player is Restrained, allowing a chance (based on STR and Addiction?) to be released. And, for extra oomph, allow that for Dominated too, but a successful Struggle leaves the player Restrained (and he can Struggle again to remove the debuff). This would generate an interesting push-pull mechanic. Off course the boss' Restrained would need to be renamed for something that the player understands as "not Struggle-able".
I really liked the idea ! Thanks a lot for the suggestion! :love:
Play Hero Corruption 1
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.40

Post by sxdoctor »

Can you get a bad ending from any of the tavern girls?

- asking for a friend :P :w00t:
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:31 am Can you get a bad ending from any of the tavern girls?

- asking for a friend :P :w00t:
Sure do !
I'm adding simple stuff right now for the sake of new content, but there should be quite a bit more to it soon.
Play Hero Corruption 1
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

Neat updates! I like the jobs system 2.0. I didn't get a good look "natively" as I went in with full fame, but after a little testing, seems good. A bit more interactive than 1.0, while not being an actual fight. I think it might be a pretty significant money maker in a "normal" game.

For the webm-conversion, a good idea, but the image quality did take a noticeable hit. The current quality seems to have noticeable artifacting, best parts of Anastasia were rather blurry :-( I wasn't that drunk, I think.. hey, intox -idea, blur filters? :-) For what it's worth, I'm playing on a 1080p ancient monitor, a measly 27-incher, and my eyesight isn't that great.. If the intent was to save bandwidth on your end, or something similar, then I'm all for it; but if it's just to save my DL time... I can wait for the quality ;-)

Liked the new girls as well!
Good to see Gabby again :-)
She did have a black screen on one/some of the state changes, felt weird.. I didn't take a proper note as I think there wasn't really much to make a note of (I would've saved an on-screen text or something, but I don't think there was one..)

The hypnotist was well done, especially the losing bit... "once you wake up, you won't remember a thing", or something along those lines .. nice touch :-)

The quicky bracelet could use a notification when it procs, if possible; having to check stamina every round otherwise.. not a big deal, but a little inconvenient.
Now that I'm posting this, I realize I didn't run into Lexi or Sigrid this round, didn't see the changes there - but I'm sure they're fine, they weren't bad to begin with ;-)