DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Post by avatarbr »

oats71 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:38 am
Spoiler: show
Yes, there are two items you can wear. one cuts the random encounter rate in half, and the other removes encounters completely. There are Wisps which wont be avoided if you run into them, but they are sparce, and there's also some glasses you can wear which will allow you to see them. Also, many story elements are done in battles as well, so you won't be able to avoid all of them, just the ones you randomly run into as you're walking along the dream world. If you think you would enjoy the game much more with these items, you can wait until I put the codes out, or I can send them to you now, if you don't want to wait. All these items are obtainable in game as well, fyi. Oh, also there's a few items which make you way overpowered too, so if you wanted to just play for the story, you could.
I am OK with a few battles with story related. But I really want to explore more without worrying about triggering battles all the time.

If you can send me the code, would be nice. thanks.
baksiu321
Explorer
Explorer

Post by baksiu321 »

downloaded it twice and still cant play... cool
Kiroshi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kiroshi »

I have a bug where I'm stuck, can't move, can't open esc menu, nothing.
empereur69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by empereur69 »

First I want to say then I was waiting for this release for a long time and I'm not disappointed by the new content.
Great job and thank you.

But I have a bug and I can't progress because of it.
When I enter the house of Anita I have a black screen and this message that appear and I can't do anything else except restart the game and having the save issue over again.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (10.06 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Kiroshi wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:33 am I have a bug where I'm stuck, can't move, can't open esc menu, nothing.
Hmm, There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about this particular bug.There's no event near where you are which could trigger a problem, so likely this one is just the game crashing on it's own. Can you quit and restart from last save point?
--Oats--
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

empereur69 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:32 am First I want to say then I was waiting for this release for a long time and I'm not disappointed by the new content.
Great job and thank you.

When I enter the house of Anita I have a black screen and this message that appear and I can't do anything else except restart the game and having the save issue over again.Capture.PNG
Hey empereur69, I needed to go back into the game to fix every instance of Useful tiles. I missed this one. as you can tell by the name, they were very useful, and so I used it a lot. Hopefully this is the last one. I will put a fixed version back up shortly..
--Oats--
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

baksiu321 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:20 am downloaded it twice and still cant play... cool
Anything you can tell me which could help? do you see any errors? Are you on Mac or PC?
--Oats--
baksiu321
Explorer
Explorer

Post by baksiu321 »

basiclly i have both bugged versions and no more transfer on mega... next time playtest it before uploading pls
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

baksiu321 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:06 pm basiclly i have both bugged versions and no more transfer on mega... next time playtest it before uploading pls
That's fair. Obviously I debugged, but not after deployment. I was not expecting the bugs I encountered from that. But that's on me. Super sorry about that. I hope you give it another shot after the kinks are fully ironed out.
--Oats--
mr_blue
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mr_blue »

baksiu321 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:06 pm basiclly i have both bugged versions and no more transfer on mega... next time playtest it before uploading pls
Did you try running the last version as admin?
empereur69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by empereur69 »

oats71 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:48 pm
empereur69 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:32 am First I want to say then I was waiting for this release for a long time and I'm not disappointed by the new content.
Great job and thank you.

When I enter the house of Anita I have a black screen and this message that appear and I can't do anything else except restart the game and having the save issue over again.Capture.PNG
Hey empereur69, I needed to go back into the game to fix every instance of Useful tiles. I missed this one. as you can tell by the name, they were very useful, and so I used it a lot. Hopefully this is the last one. I will put a fixed version back up shortly..
I found a another place where it does the same thing.
When I enter that room on the second floor of the school it does the exact same thing whit the UsefulTiles
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (269.79 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

empereur69 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:54 pm
When I enter that room on the second floor of the school it does the exact same thing whit the UsefulTilesCapture2.PNG
If you are using 7-zip, select these files and press F5 (copy to: on right click mouse), and select the same path folder on your install location
rpg.JPG
rpg.JPG (47.49 KiB) Viewed 926 times
That way will preserve the space before the name file.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi oats71! :wave:
oats71 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:29 am Positive comments are very welcome as this has been a very long project :-)
Also, please use spoilers tags if revealing solutions to game quests or puzzles.

Thank you all for playing!!! I hope you enjoy the game!
I have just played like 15 minutes till now, but it seems very interesting.
To be honest, this kind of teasing-rpg-style is not mine, but the story telling seems interesting, and I am curious about the kinks you wanna implement.
I'll wait (patiently) till you come up with some codes and those kinks implemented so I can prevent most of the encounters (if I understood that correctly with those items) and play the story.

Anyway, big THX for sharing this, even in the first few minutes of playing, it seems like a hell of work behind this!
What do you think would a play-through last without the random encounters when I search the surrounding carefully?

And now for the next part, I really try to be as diplomatic and friendly as possible, ... I don't want to sound harsh, I don't mean it in a harsh or unfriendly way,... but I can't be just quite on this, since this might be a general problem these days when some people just wanna get, get, get and don't give at least some respect or putting effort in their complaints or feedback:
baksiu321 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:20 am downloaded it twice and still cant play... cool
Dude, 2 sentences, both disrespectful, both in an unfriendly tone, please consider that the guy you are complaining to had put SOOO much effort into his project, so that you and we all can play this huge project (for free!).
To build up such a project must have take at least months, I guess even years.
So please, next time you complain, you might think about how much work he did first before you come up with a sarcastic 'cool'.
And maybe, ... just maybe you wanna check out some solutions for your 'transfer-problem' on mega on your own... "pls"?!
(Ever heard of JDownloader2 ?)

oats71 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:27 pm That's fair. Obviously I debugged, but not after deployment. I was not expecting the bugs I encountered from that. But that's on me. Super sorry about that. I hope you give it another shot after the kinks are fully ironed out.
It's not fair, ... to bring up such a huge project and make it work needs constructive criticism from this great community, stick to those who give such and you'll be fine!

Keep it up and best greetings,
Markus
pinksly
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pinksly »

how can i disable the metronome ? I used the piano somewhere and i keep hearing it... it's a bit annoying ? other than that, i like the game

edit : nevermind. it fixed it
edit 2 : nevermind again, i thought i fixed it but i keep hearing them on the battles non-stop...
empereur69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by empereur69 »

avatarbr wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:02 pm
empereur69 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:54 pm
When I enter that room on the second floor of the school it does the exact same thing whit the UsefulTilesCapture2.PNG
If you are using 7-zip, select these files and press F5 (copy to: on right click mouse), and select the same path folder on your install location

rpg.JPG

That way will preserve the space before the name file.
Thanks it's working now! :-)