Where to find a good (And safe) stereostim tutorial these days?

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Solid_Active
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Where to find a good (And safe) stereostim tutorial these days?

Post by Solid_Active »

memma wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 pm I've been scouring the interwebs for the bits I need. Ordering various bits from aliexpress, etc.

Now I've got to the resistors and I noticed the suggested resistors are 10W:
BoundSquirrel wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 pm Midistim box:

I've put the schematic for the Midistim box here:

Midistim schematic

This is pulled right from the smartstim post and, when followed correctly, works great.
or 10/5W in the hand-drawn schematic (OK, so quoting imgaes doesn't work, but they're marked 5.6Ohm 10W and 15Ohm 5W):
MegaErato wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:09 pm JC stimbox drawing2.jpg
but BoundSquirrel's suggested resistors are 25W:
BoundSquirrel wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 pm Resistors:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQ ... UTF8&psc=1

These are listed as unavailable, but there are a bunch of alternatives that should work. Just type, "25 watt 3.9ohm resistor" and you'll find plenty of options.
I'm guessing 25W was used to reduce heat? Or what's the reason? Is there anything I should bear in mind when selecting my resistor values and wattages? How do they affect the feeling (if such a thing is describable), and do different values relate to anything like body build/fat, or anything like that?

Thanks all!
I HIGHLY recommend sticking with the exact 3.9 ohm resistance specified in the midistim plans. Those resistors wired up in series on the primary side of the transformer are where most of the magic happens. When their resistance value and the transformer turns ratio are correctly matched, you end up with something close to a constant current output to the electrodes. This means that as the electrical resistance of your body to the stim signal changes, the current (and felt power) remains nearly the same. This is important because your body's resistance can change significantly based on its response to changes in the stim waveform/frequency, as well as things like fluids flowing out of your sensitive bits. This constant current output is exactly what you need for a wonderfully smooth and safe e-stim experience!

The one minor drawback of this setup is that those resistors end up eating most of the power your amp puts out, so they tend to get hot. On smartstim, the midistim schematic shows 10 watt 3.6 ohm resistors, the build instructions picture a 3.9 Ohm 25 watt resistor, and the more recently updated recommended parts list shows a 3.9 ohm 15 watt resistor. 25 watt would be preferred IMO. The only potential downside to the higher wattage rating I can think of is that they might be larger and more difficult to work with.

Regardless of resistor watt rating, they will need a heatsink of some sort. Smartstim recommends mounting the resistors to a metal plate is at least ~10" square. I ended up using an old CPU heatsink I had laying around instead. I used a hose clamp to attach the resistors to the heatsink cold plate, and then I used zip ties through the fin stack to hold down the transformers and wiring terminal blocks.

Don't think for second that the resistors "eating the power" results in a weak e-stim signal though; my midistim feels A LOT stronger than my 2B, and the 2B is considered one of if not the most powerful of the commercial e-stim boxes. I have no problem maxing out the 2B on high power setting with the AC adapter plugged in, but I have only made it to max power on my midistim a couple times, and even then it was only because I worked up slowly and was getting desensitized.
Afapp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Afapp »

I’m getting the itch to build a new box. Has anyone used a TA2021 amplifier board as the basis for their stimbox? If so what kind of results did you get? Did you use series or parallel resistors, or both in the output circuit? This amp is one of the midi stim design amps but I don’t think it’s used as much as the other amps (TDA3116 or TDA 7297).
phoopha
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by phoopha »

I really like the idea of trying to build a stim box to go with my 2B, but would require a complete idiot's guide!😂
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

Afapp wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm I’m getting the itch to build a new box. Has anyone used a TA2021 amplifier board as the basis for their stimbox? If so what kind of results did you get? Did you use series or parallel resistors, or both in the output circuit? This amp is one of the midi stim design amps but I don’t think it’s used as much as the other amps (TDA3116 or TDA 7297).
The TA2021 is obsolete. Are you wanting to build a midistim or build one in your own case? I have bee using the AA-AB32165 (TDA7492) from Sure Electronics with great success but ts a board only and is not in an enclosure.
Afapp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Afapp »

I have both amps hanging around doing nothing ( TA 2021 and a cheap TDA3116). So I wanted to know if any one had built a box based on this old amp? I'm going to build it no matter what, but I wanted some feedback prior to the build. I'll post my findings here either way. My fear is this amp will get hot or burn out quickly like the many davey boxes I have built in the past. I really appreciate Davey for his contribution to this hobby but his design led to many of my previous box failures. Thank you Lawman5297 for your input.
Afapp
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

I mentioned this in another post so figured I would add it to the original post as well.

I built one using similar parts from this post in this topic. Only difference was I bought 10 watt resistors and used this TDA7297 amp board and then shoved everything into this box. Hardest part was finding all the pieces. Now that it's complete, I have been trying to come up with some good DIY trodes because I am a cheap SOB and really just like tinkering. I have achieved numerous HFO's in Chatroom, Clinic, and Mansion as well as a few CH videos once I get my trodes sitting correctly and making good contact with my skin.

As far as trodes, been messing around with steel rings, copper wire and copper sheet as well as elastic to help hold stuff in place with changing hardness. I read somewhere that the smaller the contact area, the more you feel and to use a larger contact area for your common. I'm happy with my head ring and trying to find a good base and ball trode. I have an anal trode made out of a stainless garment hook. It's on the smaller side though from what I have seen but it feels pretty good plus I'm a tight ass.
memma
Explorer
Explorer

Post by memma »

Hi all,

I wanted to check in here to let you all know I've put together a stereostim, and it seems to work! Hooray!

Thank you all. Thanks to your help, I managed to get the job done with electricity at the end of e-stim sync hero (I did need to ramp up the power a fair bit), and got pretty close with RLGL with Guerlain towatds the end.

I now come to you for advice. I know you all said it was a long learning curve.
Well, I find if I turn up the volume for what feels good, then just a little more gets stingy, and that's unpleasant in a burny sorta way. I'm not into pain much. It means I often feel inclined to just abort and use another method part way through a stimming seession (OK, I've only done 4 or so sessions, but it crossed my mind each time).

Any recommendations for getting a smoother ride?

I'm using wide elastic bands around the top and bottom of my penis and scrotum, and an anal probe with about the biggest electrodes I could find for something that size...

That's the small one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32841000957.html
And the blue ones here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000594676999.html

There are probably a bunch of topics about this on smartstim, if only I could get on there...

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using BoundSquirrel's estim schematic. It doesn't have resistors across the terminals. Perhaps I should check those out as MegaErato said they were necessary... Though he also suggested he was getting less power without them, and not sure if more power is what I need...
memma
Explorer
Explorer

Post by memma »

memma wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:29 pm Any recommendations for getting a smoother ride?
memma wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:29 pm I'm using BoundSquirrel's estim schematic. It doesn't have resistors across the terminals. Perhaps I should check those out as MegaErato said they were necessary... Though he also suggested he was getting less power without them, and not sure if more power is what I need...
So I tried out the extra/different resistor values as mentioned by MegaErato (shown in the hand-drawn schematic) and endorsed by Solid_Active, and I can confirm (after only one (successful) try) that they do indeed make a worthwhile difference. My advice to anyone building a setup for the first time is to go for the extra resistors. Leaving them out is a false economy. They don't cost a huge amount as a proportion of the whole thing, and they make the experience generally a lot more enjoyable (at least for me).
Would you spend a hundred bucks on something poor quality to see if it was worth spending $105 on a good quality one? No?

The only way I can describe it is that with BoundSquirrel's (by his own admission very basic) schematic, as you turn up the volume, you can feel the good feelings and the stinging increasing together. You turn up the volume until any more would be painful, and then you're thankful that it feels a little good.
With the different/extra resistors, it's like someone turned down the volume on the stinging, but left the good feelings at the same level. Now you can turn up the volume and get some really intense good feelings. Then if you turn it up more (because if it feels great now then just imagin...), it'll sting, but it already feels great so you don't need to turn it up any more.

Just thought I'd share my findings.