Problem with Uploading pics and tags

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

IE 7

Post by submatt »

I have IE 7.

BTW, I'm working on another tease, and my current ratio is about 2/3 good, 1/3 have to try the upload over again.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

:-/

The only other thing I can think of that you get a bit of packet loss when connecting to our server. Do you get any images or not showing up sometimes or anything like that?

Do you have DSL/Broadband or not? Do you have a firewall?
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

seraph0x wrote:...

Do you have DSL/Broadband or not? Do you have a firewall?
FYI - I use IE and I have a dial-up connection, if that makes any difference.
;-)

Hmm yes I already thaught about a firewall problem. But if he uses a modem he don't have a router, right? And I don't think a software firewall will block the pic upload. Submatt maybe try to deactivate your windows firewall.
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

mine still only works every other time, I have a firewall and a but load of anti-virus software, have a wireless network with broadband router, and the receiver always has a strong signal and good speeds both UL and DL. using Firefox.

this has all been the same for roughly a month when i last updated my spy ware software, so without knowing to much technical information and knowledge around this area I'm going to do what most people do and say the problem is on your end lol.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

wonkywanker wrote:mine still only works every other time, I have a firewall and a but load of anti-virus software, have a wireless network with broadband router, and the receiver always has a strong signal and good speeds both UL and DL. using Firefox.

this has all been the same for roughly a month when i last updated my spy ware software, so without knowing to much technical information and knowledge around this area I'm going to do what most people do and say the problem is on your end lol.
Damn, this bug is really annoying. No matter what I try I can't get it to not work here. :lol:

Could you find out if has something to do with the image? Maybe one of our thousand security filter has something against large uploads or uploads with certain content. Just try if an image can work and then not work the next time or the other way round, thanks!
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

just managed to upload five pictures that previously didn't work in a row,

as the tree said to the lumber jack i'm stumped :unsure:
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Still having problems

Post by submatt »

Just FYI - I'm still having problems uploading pics. It's very frustrating. It literally takes me about 2.5 times longer to make a webtease page, because while sometimes the upload works on the first try, other times I have to try it 4 times. And that means going back to the main Edit Tease Page, scrolling down though the tease I'm working on (which is now over 70 pages), clicking on Add a New Page, scrolling down again, and trying the upload again. Only to do it all yet again if the upload fails again.

I know you've already looked at the problem, but can you look again? I mean, I'm not the only one with an issue, so I don't think it's my computer. And it's not the pictures I'm using, because if they don't work the first time, they do work eventually.

Seriously, I'm at my wits end. I want to contribute more to the site, but this is driving me nuts. Please find a way to fix the problem.

Sincerely,

Submatt
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

I tried to upload different formats and a very big picture (1,4 MB) It took almost one minute to upload it, but it worked. The problem is, it's difficult to find an error if you don't have any hint. I can understand that it's annoying for you, but the most users have no problems and it's difficult to find your problem if it works fine for the rest.

How long is the duration when you upload a pic? Maybe you use w-lan and your connection interupts for some MS? Probably not but I have no clue :-/
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, enough is enough, I'm going to whip something up.
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

I know, I know

Post by submatt »

I know - apparently it's working fine for most people. And I wish I could give you some bit of information that would help. I use a dial-up connection (MSN), and it usually takes 30-60 seconds per upload. I use IE, the latest version. I've deleted my history and cookies and so on. I don't have a firewall. I'm not on a network. I use Norton for virus protection.

That's all I can think of.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, I've completely rewritten the uploader from scratch. :-)

Please try again now. :-D
submatt wrote:And I wish I could give you some bit of information that would help. I use a dial-up connection (MSN)
Dude, you should've mentioned that earlier. Dial-up connections tend to have high levels of packet loss. Maybe the quality of your phone line went down recently. It probably never had anything to do with the site. Uploads are just very sensitive. Maybe the new uploader is more robust though. Please try it out.

Cheers,

Seraph0x ;-)
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

I haven't had any more problems :-)
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Post by submatt »

Wow! The new uploader works great. No problems at all. Thank you so much. I will be writing a whole bunch more now.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Oh yeah. Oh yeah. He comes, he dribbles, goes around Problemalski, tricks Impossibilinov. Through the legs of Difficultinecz... aaaaaannnnndddd GOAAAAAAAAAAL!

:lttd:

:-P