Status Update

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
nilcum
King of Hardware
King of Hardware
I am a: Switch

Post by nilcum »

Thanks for the warnings les! I am taking care to be very careful. Only using below the waist regardless of the current. Though, I have been zapped a few times I didn't intend to be.

I've remove the LARGE capacitor from the camera and connected my two shocking leads in it's place. Not only was the current coming from it above safe levels (I measured) it was taking a long time to charge and I want the shock to be instant.

So what I'm left with is a AA battery connected to a stepup transformer (two actually) a resistor and a transistor. The voltage about 300v and the current was at 5mA with no resistance. So, once you add in a minimum 1mega ohm resistance the current drops even further. It's really not much more than a little buzz kind of feeling on the leg.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Better a warning not needed ,
than a warning not given!
Also note that the trigger voltage runs at around 3,000 volts
see link for how a flash works for those who are curious

http://travel.howstuffworks.com/camera-flash.htm

Seezya Les
toolman2810
Explorer
Explorer

Post by toolman2810 »

15/ Nov 07, 2 months ago. last update. This project has really fallen on its head. I can't complain I didn't contribute much. But if I do ever get motivated again. I really don't understand all the programing work you have already done.
Physical voltage changes I can understand.
I did basic plc programing & can understand some of that.
But I completey can not understand how to interface it.

Some how I feel like we have failed, bunch of guys with a concept that has merit working towards a common goal. Maybe we were meant to fail.
I mean making the worlds best masturbation device would hardly win us a nobel prize.

I wonder sometimes whether the whole concept is wrong, well morally wrong. Jerking off in front of a computer can't be completely healthy.
But I don't believe that is the end result of this web site.
If I thought that guys were neglecting their right to deposit sperm loads in every walking, crawling & unconsious girl with her mouth open.
because they have a milovana mistress then I would class that as morally wrong. I wouldn't work towards improving it.

But I think the opposite is true, I think milovana provides stimulation for guys. To go out there & deposit with an added motivation.

I think milovana will grow into a huge website. I think we are missing a big opportunity. Well I am, (your on the team nilcum). How big is it ? & How fast does it grow.

I would like to see a mission statement oneday.

Anyway, I have lost my lathe & mill. But i think that was the wrong direction for this project anyway.
There are plenty of sex toys on the market, I have found a cheap wholsale manufacturer.

we just require a motivated, talented programer
voodoo
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by voodoo »

DISCLAIMER: Locking yourself up (self-bondage), electro-stim, and connecting yourself to a computer can be dangerous. Exercise your own judgment, as you accept all risk.

On that note here's an update:

Don't worry, the project is moving along. I'm sure nil will be around later, but here is a bit of an update.

At this point we have completed a "sticks and gum" version of the microcontroller. We are able to control up to 10 devices ranging from simple on/off devices, to variable speed, to pulsing options.

At the present, the server which "talks" to the microcontroller via USB is done through an http server. This allows interfacing with flash among other things (eventually). Server progress is the current phase of production, with ocassional updates to the hardware.

For these phases of production, it is necessary to have the hardware and some knowledge of the arduino environment. As we get higher up in abstraction (after the low level stuff is perfected), people without the hardware will be able to participate.

Consider this project an experiment in what is possible.

Feel free to correct, scold, etc nil
nilcum
King of Hardware
King of Hardware

Post by nilcum »

Hey toolman, dude -- sounds like you need to get laid.

So, this is a weekend project for pretty much everyone involved. Work and family obliviously come first on top of that. Don't expect to see things moving at a lightning pace. I think we have done quite a bit.

A lot of thought has been put into the microcontroller implementation and we have a TON of ideas for the project. In fact, that code is basically done. The next part is to REALLY implement the webserver portion. I recently scrapped the C++ code that was in SVN. I'm redoing it in Python to ease development time. This will also allow the code to run on Mac, Linux, and a Nokia N800, in addition to windows.

I think we would have an easier time with the project if people could get their hands on the hardware. An Arduino is not that expensive. So, if you are reading this, and think you would like to try out what we have so far BUY ONE and put the tantalus code on it. So far, only two people (that I know of) have actually purchased the base hardware controller. It's kind of hard to contribute without having a development environment.
ninety
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ninety »

Hi nilcum,
I've googled Arduino, and as I have no electrical or programming knowledge (I can wire a plug, but I suspect that's not very useful :) ), would it be worth me getting one of these, as I wouldn't know what to do with it.

I love the concept of the project, and would like to help if possible.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

nilcum wrote:Hey toolman, dude -- sounds like you need to get laid.
What a cheap shot, come on. We're all geeks here - at least in the hardware forum! :-D

Regarding the progress: I've seen many volunteer projects and nilcum is doing a great job so far. It's really not about how fast you make progress, but that you stick around long enough until it's done. :-)
nilcum
King of Hardware
King of Hardware

Post by nilcum »

Seraph0x, actually the comment was from my wife ;-). I thought it was funny so I passed it along by proxy. It was intended to be a cheeky light hearted joke. Sorry if that was not the way it came off.