Those awful one-pagers

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
jjsubslut
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

what do you think?

Post by jjsubslut »

what does everyone think of the recent "teases" that all they are is someone searching for a mistress or sub?

there is a dedicated forum for people seeking...

yet in the past months there have been what seems like tons of these teases posted....

i think for one that the forum is there for a reason and people should just use that...
what does everyone else think???
ShinyPants
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: what do you think?

Post by ShinyPants »

Frankly it's pretty lame and desperate and diminishes and taints all of the great work others have done. I for one suggest kick, ban and block IP, there's no excuse for it. Or at least as a user to have a way to block these sorts of things. As you have already suggested there IS a forum for it already.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

IMHO the site needs just 1 (ONE) moderator who will delete this teases once a day. That'd be the best solution.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
shortstraw
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shortstraw »

I think the staff have already expressed their reluctance to "censor" the teases as they want people to feel free to post in accordance with their own tastes and not get bogged down with definitions of what is and is not a tease.

It's an admirable sentiment but I personally don't agree in this case. It's pretty clear that these are zero-effort personal ads that have no creative merit to them by even the loosest standards. In fact they're more like anti-teases as they are only made with the intention of getting other people to tease them!

Please just delete them and send the poster a polite message directing them to collarme or wherever.
sub3604
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by sub3604 »

Well I think they should be deleted it seems to be a recent thing but is happening more and more. Can't see them working anyway no domme is going to see one and think oh yes I must tease and control this guy. It is just lame.

I think having a mod remove them is the best way to go they are after all just lame personal ads. If the site gets cluttered it will destory it. There are 4 of these ads on the first page now and there are only 10 per page that is 40% these ads need removing before they spoil a otherwise great website

Please sort it out mods
Player Profile:
Name: sub3604
Gender Identity Straight Male
Cage: small metal
Mode: 24/7
Baseline cage points 20
Final cage points 1261
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Let's all make a flashmob and post 20 teases each day with lame ads. THAT will get the attention needed.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
AngelAnna837
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by AngelAnna837 »

Nezhul wrote:Let's all make a flashmob and post 20 teases each day with lame ads. THAT will get the attention needed.

Or bring the site to a total crashing hault.....

The answer is simple

Don't like it? Don't look...

A x
Quazwierdcev283
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Quazwierdcev283 »

While I have to say that I don't particularly like/approve of these "teases" I think it's kind of funny that someone took the trouble to write a one page flash tease looking for a mistress. I agree that these teases are annoying, but instead of removing them maybe they could be put into a different part of the site. I have always loved how friendly this site is and willing to accept any kind of tease, no matter how different or poorly done. (example: my "buying a pet" tease). In the past I have only seen teases removed at the discretion/request of the person who created them.
One thing that makes this site great is that anyone can post a tease and not worry that it will be removed if it doesn't get a good rating. I think the best we can do is send a friendly email to the person who wrote it, or ask one of the mods to, requesting that they remove it and instead put their ad in the appropriate forum (with a link) I can see where everyone is coming from, but these are just my two bits.
In short I think they should be moved to a different part of the site and/or a mod should POLITELY ask them to remove it and put their ad in the proper place.
Quaz.
jolikmn
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Those awful one-pagers

Post by jolikmn »

Is anyone else annoyed by the flurry of awful one-page (and usually misspelled) webteases that are just requests for mistresses to email the writers? You can spot the teases immediately, because they usually have ratings between 1.1 and 1.3.

Is there some way to ban these, or relegate them to another section of the site? What if webteases were only allowed to stay on Milovana if they achieved a 1.5 rating, or higher?
foleyflint
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Those awful one-pagers

Post by foleyflint »

Yes!! These kind of 'teases' are really annoying and should be immediately removed. There is an official topic in the forum for these kinds of things which means it does not belong in the webteases section.

I believe people complained about this in the past, but I don't recall what the conclusion was.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

It's a long standing policy of this site to not censor or filter content based on simple opinion. Which is essentially a Good Thing.

Things should never be filtered, banned or removed out of the opinions of a few people, not even if it is the majority, like it probably is in this case. Minority views / preferences should have a place too!

You should never seek to have things removed based on your own opinions. Why should others have to suffer from your views on what makes a good tease or not?

Now, the way to go is for each user to use tools to suppress the content they don't like. That way, you don't get to see what you don't like AND everyone else get to decide for themselves too, rather than having to be controlled by other people's opinions and tastes

You guys might wanna check this out: http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7367
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
atYourService
Explorer
Explorer

Post by atYourService »

While I agree the content of web teases should not be filtered. There is a significant different between a web tease, no mater how poorly written, and a pathetic attempt to get a live person to dominate or tease them. This behavior should be banned from the web tease section of the site.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

Why should anything ever be banned because YOU don't like it?

Don't get me wrong, I completely share your view that they are a pain in the butt, but it's not right for MY opinion to see content removed that others might like or find useful even if I don't.

It makes far more sense to seek solutions that solves this for YOU without limiting others.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
jlx666
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jlx666 »

I think that if the website section is called "Webteases", than it should be filled with what is called "Webteases", howewer, I don't feel teased by those self-humiliating-wannabe-ads.

So my point is that those should be removed, not because me or whoever else doesn't like it, and not because they are bad or grammatically incorrect written, but because they aren't "webteases".

If anyone isn't an author of one and does feel teased by one of these, please let me know.
Qwert
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): In relationship with real Domme and fantastic woman. :)

Post by Qwert »

Anybody like it ?

I think yes if they not have 1.0 rating.

I told when this problem was discussed first time that soon enough you will have problem find teases between ads.

In that time there was one or two ads for two pages or more.

Now we have 2-3 each page.

Don't do anything with it and soon you will have great pervs ad site (and nobody of them find anything they seek here too) not webteases site. Then you can change button on top from webteases to ads.

I can't decide for owners of this site and I'am 99 % sure they do nothing with it becouse of their freedom policy but maybe implementation of good filter that hide these so called teases will not be that hard.