record Edge holding

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Tillit
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): The freaking army, it controls half of every day of my life so there's a big limit to anything I can do at any time
Sub/Slave(s): None... yet muahaha...

Re: record Edge holding

Post by Tillit »

dix wrote:
RoniDev wrote:right 8 minutes, as i would believe you. Then you werent really on the edge. I can stay on the edge for like 2-3 seconds thats all and then i either have to stop or i cum and you want to tell me you can edge for 8 minutes...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/S ... ate_15.jpg

dix.

Haha nice, me and a friend once marched like this saying "fakers gonna fake" (Talking 'bout O'gazamz) :lol:
I'm sorry but I can't help feeling your shoulder is just so cold.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

For me it simply gets unpleasent after awhile. Not the frustration - the feeling. Still good for SC to have made it. ;-)
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

RoniDev wrote:right 8 minutes, as i would believe you. Then you werent really on the edge. I can stay on the edge for like 2-3 seconds thats all and then i either have to stop or i cum and you want to tell me you can edge for 8 minutes...
People's definition of edging varies somewhat, and most teases leave a certain room for interpretation too.

It's certainly possible to edge for prolonged periods of time - and far, far more than 8 minutes too. (not to take away from Choc though - very well done indeed!)

Can you get closer to the point of no return when only having to get there and not hold at all? Yes, usually you can, since a single approach then stop is more controllable than when having to hold.

Does it still count as edging if you are that single more stroke away from the point of no return, which is pretty much what you need to be in order to keep it for a long while? In my opinion, yes.

For my own part, I have done more than one hour, while doing the edge training part of nfo's "School of denial" series. I was never more than 2 strokes away from going over.

The trick, at least for me, is to edge with less than a full grip. Regular stroking is not very functional for edge holding at all, and therefore very much a turn-on for me when commanded to do it just that way by Her.

Edging with a single finger or two, using light, slow, controlled touches to stay close, yet in control, is far easier, and probably what you want to play around with if you like to learn to keep an edge for longer duration at a time.

Holding an edge does not imply you should keep stroking all the time unless specifically ordered to. It means staying on the edge, as close as you reliably can (and with practice, that can be pretty darn close)
Last edited by janmb on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

RoniDev wrote:But if i hit that edge and go slower then i leave the edge. I cannot stay on that point.
And that is a limitation you can overcome with practice and good technique (like explained above).

It's a pretty bad line of thought to think something you cannot do yourself is impossible and not achievable by others (or yourself for that matter). Most people have one or more weaknesses, things they do less well, know less about, or simply lack experience with, compared to others. Instead of thinking something you struggle with yourself means others can't do it either, it's a far more sensible outlook to look to learn from others' experience and guidance.

Not trying to play holier than thou at all, just trying to help you open your eyes a little. Most people struggle with maintaining an edge really close for any duration at all when they lack practice. With experience it gets easier and you gain more control. It's really that simple. The level of stimulation that may be required to keep you on the edge, yet not going over, may drop far, far lower than you think, almost down to nothing at times, but you should try to never stop stimulation entirely. Start/stopping is generally a bad idea (in my opinion), since as you said yourself, it promotes dropping away from the edge, then getting back up there, over and over. Keeping a more or less steady, but very very low stimulation is better - difficult to strike that balance, but doable with practice.

Not to mention what a great way this is to better learn to know your own body. Like green said, edging, including holding, is a great way to improve your sexuality in any scenario. Highly useful in "regular", vanilla sex too.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

dix wrote:8 minutes is a fairly long time. I've only ever managed about 5 minutes. Edge control isn't really my forte.

Back in the golden age of Milovana though, @Ariareflection was a complete master at holding edges. He could hold them for stupid amounts of time. So I guess it just depends on mental discipline and your technique really.

dix.
Indeed it is.

I consider myself far from a master of edge holding myself, and find most prolonged holding very difficult, but I have made it through the School of denial series a couple of times and that is not easy at all - several cases of holding for 20 minutes or more, 1 hour at worst.

There's also the "Cumming by Chance" tease, which has you keep an edge for a random amount of time, promising you a short countdown once the right girl appears. It had me sitting for over an hour on a couple cases too :-D
mu
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mu »

If you learn to keep your PC muscles completely relaxed while controlling your breathing (keep concentrating on breathing deeply and slowly no matter what) you can hold an edge pretty much indefinitely. You feel like you're about to come but you don't feel like you're gonna lose control. Feels *amazing* but needs a lot of practice. :yes: Don't underestimate the importance of staying calm (low heart rate) and breathing slowly, it simply won't work without it.
RoniDev
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RoniDev »

i just think we have a totally different opinion of what an edge is.

Lets take needles as an example. They hurt, but it only hurts when the needle moves, the moment it gets pushed into your skin, or the moment when it gets pushed in deeper, or when it gets pulled out. But if the needle doesnt move at all, then it doesnt hurt anymore, the pain is gone already, but the needle is still in your skin.

To draw the line back to edging, for me its like the moment when the needle hurts, not when the needle isnt moving but still in your skin. I think for most of you edging is like a needle who is in your skin and thats why you can take it that long, i have no problem with a needle in my arm for hours, but i do have a problem when the needle gets pushed in and out and in and out and in and out for hours.
jerk-off-boy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): My orgasms belong to coach

Post by jerk-off-boy »

Can anyone explain me what holding an edge means?
When I reach an edge I stop jerking off immediately, I'd like to learn to hold in well.

Excuse me for my bad english :-/
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

RoniDev wrote:i just think we have a totally different opinion of what an edge is.
I'm not so sure. The needle moving vs. still analogy you mentioned doesn't apply at all, at least not for my case.

What you seem to be suggesting is that people somehow are not experiencing the same difficulties when holding an edge as when simply reaching one. This may be the case for yourself - everyone experiences stimulation to their own body slightly differently, so I cannot tell how YOU experience one sort of stimulation vs. any other. Just like YOU cannot know how others experience a single edge vs. a held one.

In short, it is a pretty bad trait to think others are experiencing things just the way you are, and equally bad is it to think you have discovered all there is to know and feel, and that others who can do things you can not are somehow just misguided.

Try to open your mind to the possibility that there might be things others know more about or master better than yourself instead. That is a far more constructive mindset and one that might benefit yourself in terms of learning new things and broadening your own horizon.

Sorry, just a little sick and tired of people applying their own limitations to that of others - bad line of thought through and through.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

jerk-off-boy wrote:Can anyone explain me what holding an edge means?
When I reach an edge I stop jerking off immediately, I'd like to learn to hold in well.
The general idea with holding an edge is to stimulate right to the point where you are about to go past the point of no return, then reduce the stimulation as much as necessary to keep yourself at that point, right about to orgasm, yet not quite doing so.

As others have mentioned, it is a good idea to keep your breath slow, keep relaxed, and approach the point of orgasm very slowly - the slower you approach, the easier it generally is to avoid simply going over.... Also, since getting there slower generally means you have using a lower intensity stimulation, that also means that it is easier to drop from that level of stimulation down to what you need to be at to strike that essential balance between staying at the very edge yet not going over.

Hope that helps, any more questions just shoot :-D
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

Nezhul wrote:For me it simply gets unpleasent after awhile. Not the frustration - the feeling
Same for me - then again I for one like to believe that is the point. Holding an edge over any period of time is not supposed to be all pleasant.
jerk-off-boy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): My orgasms belong to coach

Post by jerk-off-boy »

janmb wrote:
jerk-off-boy wrote:Can anyone explain me what holding an edge means?
The general idea with holding an edge is to stimulate right to the point where you are about to go past the point of no return, then reduce the stimulation as much as necessary to keep yourself at that point, right about to orgasm, yet not quite doing so.

As others have mentioned, it is a good idea to keep your breath slow, keep relaxed, and approach the point of orgasm very slowly - the slower you approach, the easier it generally is to avoid simply going over.... Also, since getting there slower generally means you have using a lower intensity stimulation, that also means that it is easier to drop from that level of stimulation down to what you need to be at to strike that essential balance between staying at the very edge yet not going over.

Hope that helps, any more questions just shoot :-D

Thank you, I'll try!!
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

As I know some have pleasent feelings no matter how long they hold.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

I will say it was extremely challenging
soewhat pleaseant
amazingly frustrating
i was doing under supervision so I do have a withness, but won't say who (wink, wink)

Thanks for all your responses!
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016