A new idea for chat ...

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: A new idea for chat ...

Post by green »

Anything to get the chat a little more lively is great : )
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
darkstar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by darkstar »

i personaly think a shecduled chat tiem (or times) would be better.

ie using GMT as a basis. 8PM GMT is early eveing in europe so we get to chat in a socla time.

3 set aound the clock for europe. asia and the US time zones. and on set days regulalry to get people into it and chatting.
Lady X
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lady X »

I like the idea, but night time discussions never seem to work for Me, because of My outside world commitments.
Am I here for Y/your entertainment........................... Or are Y/you here for Mine?
darkstar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by darkstar »

if the UK one is at 7 PM GMT thats iirc day time US time zones.
hotshot99
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hotshot99 »

i think its a good idea especially to kick start the chat
Nikki
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Nikki »

I remember playing a fun game a few times in chat here. We would pick a line out of any tease that we found sexy... then the others would rate it from 1 - 5.. you score more points based on how hot the rest of the chatters thought your line was/is.

The winners get some sort of "prize".. I got to pick the "prize".

The lines posted always inspired chat, inspiration and.. usually arousal. Kind of a fun way to interact when you aren't really sure who you are chatting with.

Anyway.. if anyone is interested in "playing" we can pick a night and see where it goes ;)

Nikki
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by green »

That sounds fantastic, Nikki :).
The only problem there is are those time zones, if you say tonight thats like 4 or 5 AM here :<.

~green~
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
wanker
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by wanker »

The problem of the chat isn't due to lack of activities. It's due to lack of users. The differences in time zone shouldn't matter given the overwhelming number of users across the globe. In other words, at any given moment, there could be 10+ people in chat. A quick galance at the users online at any given moment on the forums range from a dozen to hundreds. There are 308 users as I type this. Of course only 31 are registered.

I think a better approach is to make the chat more user friendly so others would be more inclined to use it and use it more often. When I first joined Milovana, I would idle in chat 24/7 because IRC is very user friendly. It is the best chat interface. Imagine if one person every other time zone idled in chat. In 24 hours, we would have 12 people in chat. That's the peak I have ever seen (not counting scheduled chats with MLJ).

In short, proffer a system that encourages usage and then enforce policies towards that end. It sounds totalitarian at first but once we can maintain an average of 10 users at any given moment, the effect will snowball and chat will be very hard to die.

* To qualify myself, I have been an OP of channels over 350 users as well as a participant in those over 2000.
vegasdrifter
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vegasdrifter »

This thread is pretty old now, but I still think it is a good idea. Look, if we just made, say, the whole day of Saturday the day for Masters, Mistresses, Dominants to converse, plot, scheme, and the like. Maybe even forbidding subs' attendance......
And say the whole of Sunday be the day for the subs to have their day.

Is there no hope in building a little community love.......
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Time zones are a pain.
Currently it is 10:18 UK
11:18 Europe
05:18 US eastern
02:18 US pacific.
And all the chat rooms are empty.

In the days before broadband
I always said go on line 09:00 to 12:00 while the kids are at school and America is asleep.

Personally don't like chat rooms as comments and replies tend to get in a "Mucking Fuddle"
Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
adorekristina
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by adorekristina »

As a Domina, My time is very limited and I rarely am able to "pop into" the chat room to see who's there...but the few times I have, there are (at best) two others in there.

Personally, I would be more apt to join a chat where I knew there would be several others at a specific time...something like "a party" or "event".

Maybe there could be a special event put together...it could even be just once a month (to increase if it works out)...with a good general time that would be suitable for america and europe...perhaps even some kind of RSVP system, just so others know who is coming and make the effort to attend.

Ultimately, thats how I think a chat should be...like a party...enjoyable, fun, stimulating and sexy!

But I might be the only person that thinks its a good idea...hahahaha!!!