any UFC fans?????

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
reflog1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

any UFC fans?????

Post by reflog1 »

now i know that mostly people on milovana are from england or europe and my question is some what of an american sport. (kinda u.k based) but anyway i was wondering if we had any UFC fans on milovana. (Ulitmate Fightinig Championship)
Kaasstengel
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: any UFC fans?????

Post by Kaasstengel »

I love football ad actually don;t watch anything else. I'm from Holland and support my hometown team PSV-EIndhoven!
Struggle for pleasure
salveturbo68
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): property of Mistress Mary or as you all know her, Brunette_Goddess

Post by salveturbo68 »

oh yeah i m a fan of UFC i m from Quebec Canada and GSP he s my favorite UFC fither !!!!!1
clamps
Explorer
Explorer

Post by clamps »

UFC is so rubbish.

It's an excuse for fat angry meat heads to be called athletes.

Everyone carries on about how it's great and technical because you need to know a range of martial arts and boxing etc. But it's crap. Look at their grappling and ground work, it's so poor.

The average match is 80% boring ground work. All they try to do is get their opponent on the ground on their stomach and then belt them in the back of the head or rip their arms out of their sockets.

Boxing is the sport. Boxing is an art form. It's 4000% better than UFC/MMA.
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

clamps wrote:UFC is so rubbish.

So I guess bowling doesn't count either huh? :lol:

...and no, I'm not a UFC fan. Seems a little like cock fighting to me. Don't see the point.
clamps
Explorer
Explorer

Post by clamps »

Well most bowlers aren't what you would call an elite athlete.

BUT, bowling (ten pin and lawn) has a lot of strategy, skill and technique involved. More so than UFC.

Look I'm not going to stop someone calling it a sport or watching it, but I'll happily speak out against it if the topic comes up.

If it cleaned up and was so boring and empty, I would probably be a fan.
Dontask
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dontask »

clamps wrote:UFC is so rubbish.

Everyone carries on about how it's great and technical because you need to know a range of martial arts and boxing etc. But it's crap. Look at their grappling and ground work, it's so poor.

The average match is 80% boring ground work. All they try to do is get their opponent on the ground on their stomach and then belt them in the back of the head or rip their arms out of their sockets.

Boxing is the sport. Boxing is an art form. It's 4000% better than UFC/MMA.
100% disagree.

I am a mixed martial artist. There is a ton of skill involved. That boring groundwork is very technical. I perfer fights where the weights are closer, so the fight is more skill based. Some of the heavyweights can muscle around more, but that's part of the sport to.

Before I got involved, (back during like UFC 1 to 4) it did seem a little boring because you don't know what the guys are really trying to do. At first you just want to see punches and kicks, but it's not just about that. If you like boxing better than that's fine, but don't slam a huge sport over those reasons.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Moved...

And I think it's boring to watch. Though tastes are different.
Try or die
clamps
Explorer
Explorer

Post by clamps »

Dontask wrote:
clamps wrote:Look at their grappling and ground work, it's so poor.
100% disagree.

I am a mixed martial artist. There is a ton of skill involved. That boring groundwork is very technical. I perfer fights where the weights are closer, so the fight is more skill based. Some of the heavyweights can muscle around more, but that's part of the sport to.

Before I got involved, (back during like UFC 1 to 4) it did seem a little boring because you don't know what the guys are really trying to do. At first you just want to see punches and kicks, but it's not just about that. If you like boxing better than that's fine, but don't slam a huge sport over those reasons.
Don't slam a sport because it and the athletes in it don't properly utilise the aspects of the different sports that it is a combination of?

yeah thanks mate, your on a winner there.

ANY other sport in the world, you go out and learn how to do things half-arsed, you don't make it or it gets shunned. But ufc/mma is different because it generally appeals to the lowest common denominator (athletes and fans).