[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Post by darthjj »

FuFuFan69 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm Building my own box based on the schematic on page 12. I found a card that has jackstick and bluetooth connections. It seemed decent. Issue is, I just realized the pots go on the input side of things rather than the output, and that's not possible unless I desolder the jackstick and somehow add them between there, that also doesn't work with the bluetooth side that I thought would be less of a hassle to use.

Would it be problematic if I put the pots between the transformer output and the banana plugs?

I also bought the original XH-M543(rather than one of the copies that seem to be everywhere) - But I'd much prefer the other card because of the bluetooth.
Never heard the term jackstick before, but you mean a 3.5mm audio jack, right? In that case you can build a volume box which also has a stereo audio jacks input and output, and connect it to the amplifier using a standard audio cable. This is how I added per-channel volume controls to my box.
FuFuFan69
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: [Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Post by FuFuFan69 »

darthjj wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am Never heard the term jackstick before, but you mean a 3.5mm audio jack, right? In that case you can build a volume box which also has a stereo audio jacks input and output, and connect it to the amplifier using a standard audio cable. This is how I added per-channel volume controls to my box.
That is what I meant, local term is jackstick, didn't think to use 3.5mm audio jack. Thanks for the suggestion, I considered doing it that way, but decided to just redo the box with XH-M543 as the brains. :)