Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by Kelvinator »

I tried Restim V1.11 last night with #1Fan's Klinik Industries Vi98 and it worked great with my DIY stereostim box ! I'm impressed that you have incorporated support for multi-platform use: Stereostim, 312 or 2B. That should open the door to a number of users who haven't been able to try Restim. It's nice to have the option to stim with mp3 audio file input, or stim with funscript files using Restim. Adds a lot of variety to my overall stimming experiences. Thanks, Diglet. K
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

Hi Diglet,

Thank you for continuing to improve and update Re-stim it really is a brilliant piece of software and I use it all the time for stimming. I thought an update to the ui was a bit of missed opportunity when I first saw the screenshot… I still struggle a little in my head to convert a flat circle with 3 x electrodes In the from of a triangle… to a 3D linear pole shaped body part… (maybe something to think about) but I found the real-time adjustments… to be an excellent update… the fact you can literally feel the difference in real-time… is the best way of creating a feeling that works for ‘you’.

Question: I use re-stim with vam regularly… but the output and therefore the sensation is quite different and less pleasurable than when using with a funscript, mfp, or faptap, the signal and green dot move in strictly limited linear way… from the neutral at the top to the mid point between L+ and R+ no matter how I adjust the settings in yoooi’s vam Plug-in… I remember you explaining a while back that restim creates the beta script using an algorithm which creates the circular motion and a smooth tri-phase stroking sensation… is this something I can set up and adjust in the user prefs? Or does this require a similar approach applied to the way the tcode is interpreted and translated by re-stim itself? Requiring re-coding? Can you let me know?

Anyway thanks once agin for all of the effort and hard work you put into this software and I continue to promote it here on Eroscripts and on the VAM hub.

Niceguy.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Restim uses two axis, up/down (alpha) and left/right (beta). When using MFP with video, restim has access to the entire funscript and it uses that to generate the beta axis. When using scriptplayer/intiface, it receives the whole stroke in movement in one command and that gives me just enough information about the future trajectory to generate the beta axis. When using MFP with VAM, it sends the movement realtime in tiny chunks and that doesn't give me enough information to generate the second axis. This cannot be fixed in the user prefs.

I think it's possible to 'guess' the future movement when connected with VAM and use that information to generate a decent beta axis, but Restim doesn't do that right now.

You might be able to use MFP to send a second axis, based on random noise or a funscript you prepared ahead of time.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

Thanks for your swift reply.

There is no need to use MFP to connect VAM and Restim… Yoooi’s plugin connects to Restim directly… via UDP and I guess restim is converts the tcode data to the stim signal.

I have a couple of Q’s.. when you say beta axis… left/right do you mean… actual left /right in a physical real world sense… or L+ and R+ in terms of electrodes?

I ask.. because as i watch the green dot.. it travels clockwise... moving from Neutral round to R+ onto L+ continuing round to Neutral… and this feels like a stroking action… matching the up/down action in the video clip…

Logic tells me the dot should move from neutral round clockwise to R+ onto L+, but should then reverse direction and travel counter clockwise back round to R+ and back to neutral.. completing the up/down stroke…. before repeating…

Often in a video scene there is very little left/right movement… yet the dot rotates around the circle clockwise….continuously… the ‘feeling’ is a stroking up/down action and it matches the action in the video scene..however, there is very little visual connection between the dot and the action in the scene… (see the first GIF which is video)

In VAM the dot corresponds to the action in the scene very closely… in a POV BJ scene for example it matches perfectly the up/down motion of the models head… or if she moves her head left/right… the dot moves in sync left/right.. but this movement is linear… it never travels around the circle… and the feeling is very different… like it does with a funscript for example…. (See the second GIF which is a VAM BJ scene)

I’ve uploaded a side-by-side… real video vs VAM scene to illustrate the difference in dot behaviour and the corresponding sensation…

How do I match the dot movement and sensation?

Niceguy.

ezgif.com-optimize2.gif
ezgif.com-optimize2.gif (827.67 KiB) Viewed 6513 times
ezgif.com-optimize_01.gif
ezgif.com-optimize_01.gif (981.1 KiB) Viewed 6513 times
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

With left/right, I mean the position of the dot in the diagram in Cartesian coordinates. Not to be confused with the left and right electrode.

It might be useful to reference older diagrams I made here: viewtopic.php?p=349148#p349148. When the green dot position moves along the edge of the diagram, the sensation roughly follows the green line on the 3D model and this is perceived as movement/stroking. How it feels exactly depends on the placement of your electrodes. When the dot is in the center of the circle it tries to stimulate all positions equally, which doesn't involve very nice stroking sensation (apparently).

We can try a different strategy, instead of generating circles, the linear position can be mapped to an arc, for example...

This probably won't work with converted funscripts, but it may work with VAM, depending on your electrode config. I implemented this in the software. When using the map to edge functionality the up/down axis is mapped onto the arc and left/right position is ignored.

I didn't have time to take this for a test drive, let me know how it goes.

https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases
ZeeWW
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by ZeeWW »

Hi,

First, let me say a big thank you to @diglet for the creation of restim. I'm pleased to say as a non-tech person, I have it up and running, and I'm starting to learn about its capabilities. I do have a couple of questions. I am a fan of RLGL/stop go funscripts, however, in the stop part of the file when there should be no audio I get a strong stim signal. The signal is steady with no modulation, but it is there. Am I doing something wrong, if so what do I need to adjust so there is no stim signal when on stop/red?

Also, is there a way in restim to adjust the type of frequency used? Sometimes, I prefer a lower frequency in my sessions.

Thanks.
tommarr
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tommarr »

ZeeWW wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:39 am Hi,

First, let me say a big thank you to @diglet for the creation of restim. I'm pleased to say as a non-tech person, I have it up and running, and I'm starting to learn about its capabilities. I do have a couple of questions. I am a fan of RLGL/stop go funscripts, however, in the stop part of the file when there should be no audio I get a strong stim signal. The signal is steady with no modulation, but it is there. Am I doing something wrong, if so what do I need to adjust so there is no stim signal when on stop/red?

Also, is there a way in restim to adjust the type of frequency used? Sometimes, I prefer a lower frequency in my sessions.

Thanks.
Funscripts and not sending strong signal during "red light" sections, check Volume tab and "lower volume during pauses". You can ramp down the volume when there is no activity and in the "red light" cases it's often just "up" or "down" position of the "stroke" which results to steady strong signal. This is considered as "no activity" and ramp down should work
ZeeWW
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by ZeeWW »

@tommarr your suggestion worked, thank you.

One other query is some funscripts that I convert via Restim and then play in MultiFunPlayer appear as a solid black bar with no waveform, peaks, or troughs. Am I doing something wrong?
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by JakofClubs »

ZeeWW wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 pm @tommarr your suggestion worked, thank you.

One other query is some funscripts that I convert via Restim and then play in MultiFunPlayer appear as a solid black bar with no waveform, peaks, or troughs. Am I doing something wrong?
I had that happen to me with CH-Tranquilizer. Restarting Restim and MultiFunPlayer resolved that for me, but those are known, working scripts.

I'm not completely sure how Restim knows which funscrips to open, but looking at CH-Tranquilizer, it uses
  • CH-Tranquilizer.alpha.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.beta.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.frequency.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.volume.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.mp4
If you look at CH-Tranquilizer viewtopic.php?t=26682 you'll see that alpha, beta, volume and frequency are set up in both Restim and MultiFunPlayer
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

JakofClubs wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:45 pmI'm not completely sure how Restim knows which funscrips to open, but looking at CH-Tranquilizer, it uses
  • CH-Tranquilizer.alpha.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.beta.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.frequency.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.volume.funscript
    CH-Tranquilizer.mp4
If you look at CH-Tranquilizer viewtopic.php?t=26682 you'll see that alpha, beta, volume and frequency are set up in both Restim and MultiFunPlayer
MultiFunPlayer will open the .mp4 in the video player and the alpha and beta for position data gets sent to Restim. If there is a volume, frequency, or modulation(haven't done anything with this though) funscript, if they are configured in multifunplayer, the data gets sent along to Restim too. Restim doesn't do anything wit the funscript that doesn't have a label. If you don't want to convert the normal funscript into the alpha and beta files with the Restim conversion thing, you can use the Intiface integration in Scriptplayer instead of using MultiFunPlayer and it will send the Funscript directly into Restim, it's what I do.
Lemon666
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Lemon666 »

I finally made an account on milovana mainly to say thank you for this amazing piece of software. This has to be the best experiences I've had with my coyote, which works perfectly with the 2B mode. Once you calibrate restim funscripts are absolutely mind blowing. Do you know if it's possible to set a delay with the intiface connection to faptap? Due to my setup with xtoys and coyote I have a delay of about 500ms, this can be adjusted in mfp and scriptplayer, but I don't see any options on faptap.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I don't think that's possible. This has to be fixed on faptap's end, intiface and Restim cannot reduce the latency any further or introduce a negative offset because faptap sends the commands 'just in time'.

Intiface has negligible latency, Restim has 40ms latency. The rest of the latency comes from the audio driver (50-300ms depending on drivers), xtoys, bluetooth and the coyote.
Lemon666
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Lemon666 »

I managed to find a workaround by just introducing a delay to a window capture in obs and delaying audio with voicemeeter. The ease of access to all the content on faptap is amazing. Maybe they'll add an offset feature in the future for intiface.
I've been using multifunplayer before, but with intiface the beta funscript is generated on the fly? I'm curious as to how that works under the hood.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

It uses the same algorithm as the funscript conversion dialog. The alpha axis is just the normal funscript, with a few extra data points. The beta axis is the derivative. This way long strokes are converted to big circles and short strokes are converted to small circles.

For technical reasons this cannot be implemented when using MFP as input. Intiface sends 1 update for every movement so we know exactly how long the stroke is when it begins. MFP sends an update of all values 60 times per second, Restim has no idea how long the stroke is until it ends. This is why you need to calculate the alpha/beta funscripts ahead of time when using MFP.
jgrants
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by jgrants »

Dear @diglet,

You can add me to the list of people who's life has been ruined by restim.exe

Being a MacOS user I've set up a dedicated Windows laptop that brought to a new life all the scripts available.

That being said. And forgive me if this has been discussed before. Have you considered including multiple/simultaneous carrier frequencies?

--
Jgrants