⌨️ Keystroke v1.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Favorite Early Zone (vote twice)

✏️ School 🏫
29%
👑 Princess Tower 👸
17%
🌈 Color World 🎨
12%
🏠 House 🛏️
17%
🚁 Military Zone 🎖️
13%
🏝️ Beach 🏖️
13%

Total votes: 229

ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: ⌨️ Keystroke v1.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

Post by ritewriter »

Couple of bugs I found:

Trance and Straightjacket side bubbles don't clear after their encounters

I lost to the library boss and tried to click NO RESTART and it did nothing. Only YES worked and resumed the game

I think the prompt about "bedside manner" has a typo? It goes by so fast but I think it says "beside manner" but when I typed "beside manner" I got a failure, so not sure.

Great work as always!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

ritewriter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:02 am Couple of bugs I found:

I lost to the library boss and tried to click NO RESTART and it did nothing. Only YES worked and resumed the game

I think the prompt about "bedside manner" has a typo? It goes by so fast but I think it says "beside manner" but when I typed "beside manner" I got a failure, so not sure.

Great work as always!
Trance is not supposed to clear, the hypnosis affects last until you can cure them or you die. For the library boss when did you click no restart? What did it ask before? (On a side note you have 3 lives so you don't have to restart on "death")

Fixed the straightjacket issue (didn't think about people dying during that haha) and the bedside mistake, you were right.

Hopefully you enjoyed it more this time, thanks for the compliment!
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Pretty inspiring to see what you can make in Eos :smile:

P.S. The music is fun. But I got a game over and went to restart and continue, and it didn't auto play. This seems very complex!
darkwarrior4742
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by darkwarrior4742 »

indyc wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:17 pm It may not be apparent but lots of testing was done on the phone side. While it is not close to the ideal way to play there are systems built to make it usable enough.
Spoiler: show
I know the ghost girl is too rough for phones but at that point I suggest "run". Most phones have enough problems highlighting it but this is the first time I hear that highlighting isn't working well enough.
It might not be fair but I REALLY didn't want to split the tease into 2 sections or give up some of the variety. I've also been considering making a phone hack - we shall see.

I've spent quite a bit of time today trying to fix the autosave and reset problems. I've re-uploaded it probably a dozen times today(which could be causing some browser reset issues). I am hopeful I fixed the biggest chunk of the problems just now.

Thank you so much for enjoying! There will be plenty more to come in the future.
And I stand corrected about mobile being a priority; that will teach me to make assumptions, even in jest :-P

Honestly, I don't think it's worth a fork/split if that one encounter is the only problem. I *did* find a way to defeat her, and ultimately if one encounter in the horror house is too much and the only choices are to submit or run.... that feels on point, even if unintentionally so. (And it's definitely not worth removing the content.)

Thank you again for sharing!
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

Awesome tease! I've done two runs now and I wanted to give some feedback...
My first run impressions:
I was a bit skeptical at first, but I stuck with it because of who made it. I really loved my first experience!

I inadvertently lost a heart to one of the programs, and during the losing sequence (vampire?) it said that I lost my virginity, but when I got to the afterlife lady she said I still had it. It also happened a second time and it said I had it even still.

I'm good at typing but once I got to level 4 it seemed really hard. Which is probably a good thing because if it's too easy then it takes all the tension away and the game doesn't last as long.

I especially love the 'dark' themed levels (night club, halloween theme). I'm excited to explore more of the worlds though.

I didn't experiment much with keywords, but I'll investigate more later. I'm guessing they are more or less required for some encounters based on how I lost.

--------

On my second run I had an issue where the text would say my corruption(?) % was higher than the UI said it was. I think maybe it came from when I had lost a heart and was talking with the afterlife girl I pushed things a bit, and at one point it said I reached 132 I think...

Wow that hospital boss with the straight jacket turned me on like crazy. First off, the music was an awesome choice. Also I really felt overwhelmed and helpless as I was trying to struggle and type the correct words at the same time, and was unable to do it well. The scenario was distracting and hot as well... I didn't think an 'action' type game could turn me on this much.

The final area was really cool but I'm not sure how all the mechanics are supposed to work. I guess I'll have fun trying to experiment a bit, and then I'll read if people shared any insights.

I think most of the girls turned me on so much that I hardly wanted to delete anyone. I'm really curious how the preferences work. Is it supposed to record girl preferences in between runs and try to feed me encounters I like more often? When finished the tease, gave five stars and then refreshed it... it seems like I lost all my data (hacks, name, etc) so I don't know if I did something wrong or what happened. The data seemed to persist between my first and second run, which were almost 12 hours apart.
Overall, this was a very exciting and fun tease that really made my week better. I hope that you will expand it at least a bit more. Between this and Trials of the Succubi you seem to make content that really 'works' for me, so you definitely have a big fan here! Thank you, thank you :-D

EDIT/PS: I don't really know anything about estim, except that it seems like a DIY thing that people like. TBH it kind of gives me concerns thinking about DIYing something, and then using it on my sensitive bits. But I'm really curious what the experience of this game would be like if I didn't have to switch my hands all over the place to click and type and have fun at the same time :lol:
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Shattered wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:08 am Pretty inspiring to see what you can make in Eos :smile:

P.S. The music is fun. But I got a game over and went to restart and continue, and it didn't auto play. This seems very complex!
I'm glad you tried it! The music didn't autoplay or the tease didn't autoplay? Would you be able to give a detail on exactly what happened? I am REALLY tempted to just remove the restart buttons because they seem to be a huge source of bugs I can't get around for months.
darkwarrior4742 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:14 am And I stand corrected about mobile being a priority; that will teach me to make assumptions, even in jest :-P

Honestly, I don't think it's worth a fork/split if that one encounter is the only problem. I *did* find a way to defeat her, and ultimately if one encounter in the horror house is too much and the only choices are to submit or run.... that feels on point, even if unintentionally so. (And it's definitely not worth removing the content.)

Thank you again for sharing!

I wasn't upset about it at all, I feel your pain it is just a big hurdle to overcome. There are more phone issues than just a single ghost though (I could rant about any of this stuff if people want me to). Again, you are very welcome!
Kristycookie wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:33 am Awesome tease! I've done two runs now and I wanted to give some feedback...
My first run impressions:
I was a bit skeptical at first, but I stuck with it because of who made it. I really loved my first experience!

I inadvertently lost a heart to one of the programs, and during the losing sequence (vampire?) it said that I lost my virginity, but when I got to the afterlife lady she said I still had it. It also happened a second time and it said I had it even still.

I'm good at typing but once I got to level 4 it seemed really hard. Which is probably a good thing because if it's too easy then it takes all the tension away and the game doesn't last as long.

I especially love the 'dark' themed levels (night club, halloween theme). I'm excited to explore more of the worlds though.

I didn't experiment much with keywords, but I'll investigate more later. I'm guessing they are more or less required for some encounters based on how I lost.

--------

On my second run I had an issue where the text would say my corruption(?) % was higher than the UI said it was. I think maybe it came from when I had lost a heart and was talking with the afterlife girl I pushed things a bit, and at one point it said I reached 132 I think...

Wow that hospital boss with the straight jacket turned me on like crazy. First off, the music was an awesome choice. Also I really felt overwhelmed and helpless as I was trying to struggle and type the correct words at the same time, and was unable to do it well. The scenario was distracting and hot as well... I didn't think an 'action' type game could turn me on this much.

The final area was really cool but I'm not sure how all the mechanics are supposed to work. I guess I'll have fun trying to experiment a bit, and then I'll read if people shared any insights.

I think most of the girls turned me on so much that I hardly wanted to delete anyone. I'm really curious how the preferences work. Is it supposed to record girl preferences in between runs and try to feed me encounters I like more often? When finished the tease, gave five stars and then refreshed it... it seems like I lost all my data (hacks, name, etc) so I don't know if I did something wrong or what happened. The data seemed to persist between my first and second run, which were almost 12 hours apart.
Overall, this was a very exciting and fun tease that really made my week better. I hope that you will expand it at least a bit more. Between this and Trials of the Succubi you seem to make content that really 'works' for me, so you definitely have a big fan here! Thank you, thank you :-D

EDIT/PS: I don't really know anything about estim, except that it seems like a DIY thing that people like. TBH it kind of gives me concerns thinking about DIYing something, and then using it on my sensitive bits. But I'm really curious what the experience of this game would be like if I didn't have to switch my hands all over the place to click and type and have fun at the same time :lol:
I'm glad my name was enough for you to push through! The vampire virginity was an oversight from when that was a true game over. Fixed for the next upload, thanks.

A lot of people are reporting a big difficulty spike around there but honestly what seems to be happening for most is that the system tracks how "early" you submit your typing before the timer runs out and adjusts the difficulty from that. If you crush level 2 and level 3 it will come back with a vengeance on level 4 and level 5. This was done to make it playable on the phone and to work for all skill levels. However, it is hitting the "good" typers too hard and I am trying to adjust it.

The Hacks aren't yet required but they certainly will change the way you play and are great to use for when you are tired of typing. " Is it supposed to record girl preferences in between runs and try to feed me encounters I like more often?" - exactly.

The HUD displays (file corruption/total files). When it tells you how much file corruption you have that only talks about the corruption aspect so it often won't line up to what is in the HUD. So sorry it wiped your data. I'm spending a lot of time trying to figure out why this is happening for some but the save feature is a huge black box for me.
Kristycookie wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:33 am Overall, this was a very exciting and fun tease that really made my week better. I hope that you will expand it at least a bit more. Between this and Trials of the Succubi you seem to make content that really 'works' for me, so you definitely have a big fan here! Thank you, thank you :-D

You are very welcome! So happy to have another fan! I am definitely expanding it, check out my *cough* new patreon *cough* (You get to add your own girl). Even added a few more tiny things yesterday beyond the bug fixes.

The estim experience for keystroke is WAY different. It makes you tempted to get higher file corruption to get more intense signals and has more "surprises". I'm still waiting to hear someone's in depth estim experience though.

I can't help but get bummed out by the score considering how monumental it was to make. As soon as it drops off of the new tease page the views will drop to almost nothing. I will constantly make new content for it but won't upload it every month.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Yeah, my 'simple' teases have problems with restarts, can't imagine with yours.

I got a game over, refreshed the tease, clicked continue, and music didnt play. I was on 'Oh hey Shattered, looks like I have the pleasure of being one of your first encounters.'
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

indyc wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:22 am
ritewriter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:02 am Couple of bugs I found:

Great work as always!
Trance is not supposed to clear, the hypnosis affects last until you can cure them or you die. For the library boss when did you click no restart? What did it ask before? (On a side note you have 3 lives so you don't have to restart on "death")

Fixed the straightjacket issue (didn't think about people dying during that haha) and the bedside mistake, you were right.

Hopefully you enjoyed it more this time, thanks for the compliment!
I lost my last life and got a game over.

When I restart, I get a screen with the following options:

Yes
No, start from the beginning
Delete girl preferences
Delete all stored data

If I click NO. Nothing happens. If I click YES it puts me back to where I lost. Once I lose my final life, I die again and then to the Game Over. Restart and it all happens again. Bottom line is I can't restart.
IssaDudeDuhh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by IssaDudeDuhh »

Love the tease! really great to see how much you have done with EOS; one suggestion I have being the cheater i am, could there be possible timer options to complete typing in as well as make it harder to copy and paste IE add random caps and further spaces into the prompts. That way you would have to remove the caps if needed and waste time looking for spaces by which point it is faster to type it normally.
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

Loved it! The difficulty was perfect for me. It was really difficult in the last two rounds so I had to get approximate prompts in and I had to heal quite a few times. All hacks were lost after I won, watched the credits and restarted. Will replay and check out some other paths. I didn't really understand why you should keep some girls, I think I only saw one or two appear again later. I played on PC and I only clicked once on the buttons and then pressed tab to start typing; it would be neat if there would be an option to remove those buttons so that I could just press space at every prompt and then press tab to start typing and eliminate the need for the mouse altogether.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Shattered wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:56 pm Yeah, my 'simple' teases have problems with restarts, can't imagine with yours.

I got a game over, refreshed the tease, clicked continue, and music didnt play. I was on 'Oh hey Shattered, looks like I have the pleasure of being one of your first encounters.'
Yeah, sadly music won't play on a lot of reloads. Known problem with a known cause but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks for the specifics!
ritewriter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:36 pm I lost my last life and got a game over.

Yes
Delete girl preferences
Delete all stored data
Hopefully last follow up question but did you restart the webpage itself or did you click the restart button? Might not be able to find the issue either way but helps me narrow it down.
IssaDudeDuhh wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:52 pm Love the tease! really great to see how much you have done with EOS; one suggestion I have being the cheater i am, could there be possible timer options to complete typing in as well as make it harder to copy and paste IE add random caps and further spaces into the prompts. That way you would have to remove the caps if needed and waste time looking for spaces by which point it is faster to type it normally.
Much of it was fapnip! The cheat protection system is mostly a mystery to me so I don't think I would be able to adjust it. I know what it is looking for but I don't know how to tell it what to look for or how to add anything to it. And to think I was going to make a hack to disable the copy paste detection haha. Thanks for the kind words!
lestrian wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:41 pm Loved it! The difficulty was perfect for me. It was really difficult in the last two rounds so I had to get approximate prompts in and I had to heal quite a few times. All hacks were lost after I won, watched the credits and restarted. Will replay and check out some other paths. I didn't really understand why you should keep some girls, I think I only saw one or two appear again later. I played on PC and I only clicked once on the buttons and then pressed tab to start typing; it would be neat if there would be an option to remove those buttons so that I could just press space at every prompt and then press tab to start typing and eliminate the need for the mouse altogether.
I hate hearing when hacks are wiped out... you can always screenshot them but I tried to make a whole database to make it easier on people. Keeping a girl sometimes gives you a bug bonus but it is mostly to ensure that they stay in the rotation to be found again. Many of the girls repeat but with over 100 of them chances are already low of them coming back. Keeping a girl is also a vote for the preference system that you like that type of model and to show you things more along those lines. (Need to have more girls in each zone for this to really shine through though).

The fact you need to click on the prompt space made me so sad and almost made me rethink the entire project early on. I honestly never even knew you could press tab to start typing. It would still need mouse clicks in other parts but that is really good to know (gives me lots of food for thought). I'm so glad you loved it!
LittleElfBoy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by LittleElfBoy »

Ok I love this tease but one question
Are you actually supposed to be able to demolish the final boss that easily? I actually won my first run doing that.
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Kristycookie »

ritewriter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:36 pm
I lost my last life and got a game over.

Yes
Delete girl preferences
Delete all stored data

If I click NO. Nothing happens. If I click YES it puts me back to where I lost. Once I lose my final life, I die again and then to the Game Over. Restart and it all happens again. Bottom line is I can't restart.
I had the same issue. What worked for me was refreshing the tease in my browser and then clicking start from the beginning again. Sometimes I had to do this several times. It is a bit buggy currently
LittleElfBoy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by LittleElfBoy »

Wait there is persistent data in the tease? I always get prompted like I'm new on subsequent run.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

LittleElfBoy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:56 am Ok I love this tease but one question
Are you actually supposed to be able to demolish the final boss that easily? I actually won my first run doing that.
That is one of the many ways to deal with her so - yes🕷️. Technically the is the last boss until I make lots more content. There will be an actual final boss one day that might not fall so easily to such things. Happy to know someone is actually using the hacks!
Kristycookie wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:23 am I had the same issue. What worked for me was refreshing the tease in my browser and then clicking start from the beginning again. Sometimes I had to do this several times. It is a bit buggy currently
Thanks for that workaround 👍. Someone helped me with coding again so there is a chance I can clear up most of those issues in the near future. It would cause me to wipe everyone's current save data but I have a partial solution for that as well planned.
LittleElfBoy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:36 am Wait there is persistent data in the tease? I always get prompted like I'm new on subsequent run.
There is supposed to be but there are a few it is not working well for. Currently it doesn't matter a ton but it will soon. (make sure you write down or screenshot your hacks in the meantime though)