[CODE RELEASE] Faptris

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[CODE RELEASE] Faptris

Post by fapnip »

Looking through some of my older unreleased teases, there was one that seemed like a good idea at the time, but I could never get it to work well enough. I finally decided to take a few minutes to clean it up, add a gallery, and share it here in case any of you want to try playing it, use it as a template, or use parts of it:

Faptris with Alaina
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 25238a9522
JSON (right-click, save as):
https://milovana.com/webteases/geteossc ... 25238a9522

It's not a feature complete tease, missing a metronome, beat tracks, etc., more or less just a framework, but go ahead and give it a play. There are unresolvable playability issues due to Eos limitations, and it may look funny on different devices, but perhaps some of you can find some usable meat on its carcass.

The bulk of code after the FapTris prototype is just support code for loading the gallery as it was just an easy copy/paste from another project to get a gallery up and running. Not needed for the core FapTris game, but I find it makes things easier when dealing with a bunch of images.

P.S. I know I said I was done contributing here, so my apologies for breaking that for this post.

Edit: Added beats that you can disable in settings.
Edit: Added save game at every new level. Fixed some bugs reported by unknown members indirectly through indyc.
Last edited by fapnip on Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: [CODE RELEASE] Faptris

Post by kerkersklave »

Very interesting approach. I guess you're using unicode symbol characters? And change the color via font settings? Or is that unicode as well? I'm not sure whether EOS allows to change font color programaticaly.

I would love a worked out tease containing games like that. Really has a lot of potential.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:52 pm Very interesting approach. I guess you're using unicode symbol characters?
Yes, just 3 Unicode characters, setting color opacity, along with a bunch of class hacks and line breaks to position things.
kerkersklave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:52 pm And change the color via font settings? Or is that unicode as well? I'm not sure whether EOS allows to change font color programaticaly.
Yes, colors and font-size can be set via script. For one way to do that, see:
viewtopic.php?p=296853#p296853
... or you can just do things like var myTextToSay = '<span style="color:rgba(255,0,0, 0.5);font-size:200%">Hello World</span>'
kerkersklave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:52 pm I would love a worked out tease containing games like that. Really has a lot of potential.
Unless there's a ton of interest, and probably even then, it would be up to someone else to carry the torch from here.
Royal_Site555
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Royal_Site555 »

Gave it 2 tries. Made it to 26 and then 58. Very impressive what you can do with EOS. Had to quit after 20 or so minutes as my eyes started to tire. Could definitly see this working well if paired with other mini-games and/or a timer. Thanks foe sharing Fapnip
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Royal_Site555 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:07 am Gave it 2 tries. Made it to 26 and then 58. Very impressive what you can do with EOS. Had to quit after 20 or so minutes as my eyes started to tire. Could definitly see this working well if paired with other mini-games and/or a timer. Thanks foe sharing Fapnip
You're welcome and thanks.

Yeah, that flickering screen can wear your eyes out. I quickly added some level intermissions to break things up a bit, and should help anyone looking for that kind of thing in the framework. Also added a little treat for reaching the end.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Decided to just publish the thing.
Last edited by fapnip on Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sevenofnine
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): not owned
Sub/Slave(s): have had some but only in virtual , but not in the moment

Post by sevenofnine »

nice to see you back . i wanted write with your openEOS , but after not see you a long time , i have abort meaning open EOS is abandoned
so can we continue try to develop with open EOS ?
(as you write , EOS is very limited :((

best regards
Resistance is futile ... you will be electrocuted :!:
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

sevenofnine wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:13 pm nice to see you back.
I wouldn't say I'm exactly back, but thank you.

I decided to try dipping my toes back in the water by cleaning up and sharing one of my older tease ideas that attempted to push Eos limits as it seemed a shame to go to waste. Unfortunately I tried publishing it, but couldn't stomach the indiscriminate rate bombing so I pulled it. Feel free to use the code and make your own tease with it if you think it's viable. The ratings from the short time it was published seemed to indicate it's not, so I've lost any incentive I had to improve it.
sevenofnine wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:13 pmso can we continue try to develop with open EOS ?
The future of OpenEOS is undetermined.
sevenofnine wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:13 pm EOS is very limited
Yes, it is.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

For better or worse I've fixed some bugs, thickened my skin and re-published.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

fapnip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:28 pm For better or worse I've fixed some bug, thickened my skin and re-published.
You are going forward.

There will always be a portion of downvotes that come from trolls who feed on getting attention (removing a tease is getting attention, and by doing that you also throw away all energy you spent on it). And you will never know whether all of them are like that or someone legitimately did not like something... Only way is to not even look at votes and don't care about score. If someone wants tease to be improved, they will come in forum/feedback thread and ask.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

I played through it. It is a really nice concept, I really love teasing games. I am also quite patient playing them.
I really hope you or someone else uses it to turn it into a proper tease. As it is now, it is more like a tech demo. The stuff you added makes it playable, but it is potential to add much more interaction between the game and teasing instructions and dialog.

And don't care about the ratings. Some people will not value it, as it is not that exciting as a tease, especially if you're not into the idea of combining teasing with mini games like that. Currently, this is something more addressed to other tease authors, and not so much to the normal audience.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

This is really an amazing feat of coding. Once again, Fapnip, you find a way to push EOS and make something revolutionary!

I made it to level 8 (156) but honestly my eyes were more fatigued than anything. :blink: It was funny how she kept commenting about how she didn't expect me to still be there. :-P

Great to see you back. :wave:
ImageImage
Bee4
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bee4 »

You are amazing! Thank you for making this, it is a great idea. I can't get past level one because I am bad at Tetris, but I got 14 points.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Wow, awesome idea, amazed you pulled it off!

One note, I'm used to playing tetris with a button that forces it to the bottom and gives you your next block, so I clicked the cum button thinking it'd do that and nope :-D
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

edger477 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:13 pmOnly way is to not even look at votes and don't care about score
Thanks. Though easier said than done. ;)
kerkersklave wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:26 am I played through it. It is a really nice concept, I really love teasing games. I am also quite patient playing them.
I really hope you or someone else uses it to turn it into a proper tease. As it is now, it is more like a tech demo. The stuff you added makes it playable, but it is potential to add much more interaction between the game and teasing instructions and dialog.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, there is plenty more that could/should be done -- what's there now mainly tries to show other authors examples of how to do it, though I know many will be put off by the wall of code that does all the heavy lifting, but they really don't need to touch it much if at all.
Trusfrated wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:03 am This is really an amazing feat of coding. Once again, Fapnip, you find a way to push EOS and make something revolutionary!
Thanks!
Trusfrated wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:03 am I made it to level 8 (156) but honestly my eyes were more fatigued than anything. :blink: It was funny how she kept commenting about how she didn't expect me to still be there. :-P
Wow, you almost made it! You could try turning off auto-step to see if that helps with eye fatigue, though it changes gameplay a fair amount. (I may move the non auto-step timer into a notification so it doesn't take up so much space.)
Bee4 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:43 am You are amazing! Thank you for making this, it is a great idea. I can't get past level one because I am bad at Tetris, but I got 14 points.
Thank you for trying! I'm glad you like the idea. Practice makes perfect ;)
Shattered wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:45 pm Wow, awesome idea, amazed you pulled it off!
Thanks!
Shattered wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:45 pm One note, I'm used to playing tetris with a button that forces it to the bottom and gives you your next block, so I clicked the cum button thinking it'd do that and nope :-D
Wondered if that would happen to anyone. Not sure if you figured it out already, but by default you can click the background or press spacebar to drop, or you can change that to a dedicated button in settings.