1⭐ Rating Bombing

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fenway
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: 1⭐ Rating Bombing

Post by fenway »

LittleElfBoy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:11 pm fenway just fyi I just rated all your teases 1* because you're being abrasive and toxic. I don't really care if you get the mods on me for this, the changes you suggest here are ridiculous and its not like anything rides on these ratings. No one on this site except for maybe you and 3 other people cares if the tease they click on has 4.1 or 4.9 stars

How's that for accountability?
Thank you for showing me that everything I care about is meaningless and pointless. Pleasure doing business with you.
If you enjoy my work and would like to see more, consider supporting me on Patreon or leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! :-)

My published teases on Milovana!

Can't wob the Kob :-D
nogoodnamesleft7
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nogoodnamesleft7 »

LittleElfBoy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:11 pm fenway just fyi I just rated all your teases 1* because you're being abrasive and toxic. I don't really care if you get the mods on me for this, the changes you suggest here are ridiculous and its not like anything rides on these ratings. No one on this site except for maybe you and 3 other people cares if the tease they click on has 4.1 or 4.9 stars

How's that for accountability?
you loaded twenty plus teases and went through all of them which even if done all at once would have taken at least two hours to do just to rate one star on all of them? tbh as bad as fenway was reacting to this happening you proved his point and i can see why anyone would react "abrasively or toxically" to people who do this to something they worked hard on. he pulled all his stuff except one and i loved his work. shame on you
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

nogoodnamesleft7 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:51 am you loaded twenty plus teases and went through all of them which even if done all at once would have taken at least two hours to do just to rate one star on all of them? tbh as bad as fenway was reacting to this happening you proved his point and i can see why anyone would react "abrasively or toxically" to people who do this to something they worked hard on. he pulled all his stuff except one and i loved his work. shame on you
plot twist, Fenway created another account, did none of those things and then posted the message so fenway can say "look at this guy who admits to being the person i've been talking about this whole time. There's no way it's me"

YES, I can see that LittleElfBoy joined back in 2012. That's why it's called 'The Long Con'
Skip Towne
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Skip Towne »

grelgen wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:02 am
nogoodnamesleft7 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:51 am you loaded twenty plus teases and went through all of them which even if done all at once would have taken at least two hours to do just to rate one star on all of them? tbh as bad as fenway was reacting to this happening you proved his point and i can see why anyone would react "abrasively or toxically" to people who do this to something they worked hard on. he pulled all his stuff except one and i loved his work. shame on you
plot twist, Fenway created another account, did none of those things and then posted the message so fenway can say "look at this guy who admits to being the person i've been talking about this whole time. There's no way it's me"

YES, I can see that LittleElfBoy joined back in 2012. That's why it's called 'The Long Con'
You are such an unbelievable fucking idiot, and definitely contributed a lot to one of the best tease series this site has ever seen being taken down. Congratulations, loser. I've been coming to this site for over a decade and Fenway's series rekindled my interest here after years of a huge downturn. Now that interest has been entirely obliterated thanks to very small group of people who wanted to be complete bitches about a free tease series instead of just ignoring it. Fuck you.
nogoodnamesleft7
Explorer
Explorer

grelgen wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:08 am or, a culture of always praising work, regardless of it's quality, has been engendered.
would this really be such a bad thing? its not like anything on here has a pure five star rating either so i dont think people are just being positive regardless of quality. maybe people just have different standards for what they give five stars for. if something is well written has good pictures and i have a good time with i give it five stars. if you have a problem with that then i take that as you trying to tell me how i should vote because you dont want what you interpret as a culture where always praising work has been engendered.

before he pulled his teases i saw all of them drop by a pretty decent margin because of the one star stuff. if i recall a lot of them had around fifty to a hundred votes too which shows how bad the system can be when used improperly. i think its ironic that people tried to show fenway how unfounded his complaints were by doing what he was complaining about and proving his point. i dont understand how people thought being belligerent towards fenway would make things better either?

it seemed pretty clear to me that this whole thread is a plea to vote for things based off their content as opposed to whatever else. im not sure why people would disagree with this but i get were all different and thats fine but i mean its like people tried to force their apathy onto fenway and punish him for caring about something? if i had to wager a guess id say authors release their stuff to make others happy and share their passions and interests. if i spent a lot of my time creating and sharing something i would be upset too if it were stomped on by someone just for the sake of stomping on it. and no thats not to say fenway has been an angel here but i can at least see his point of view but not that of the people who are antagonizing him.

but where are the other authors? this wasnt even fenways post but its like everyone decided 1 star rating bombing isnt a problem after he stuck his neck out on everyones behalf? either way this whole thing is a damn shame. really shows the polarization between the community but at least i know ill never release any content on here lol
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

I don't care how you rate. I think it's wrong to have a fit if you get a bad rating and believe it's for some paranoid reason. because fenway had their argument in the forums, that makes it seem socially unacceptable to rate something poorly.

I took 10 minutes of my time yesterday to actually view his TOTM. it's boring. if i actually cared about rating things, i would rate it low, like a 2. no bugs, the girl seemed pretty, but it's 60 pages of timer commands. I don't have time for that.
nogoodnamesleft7
Explorer
Explorer

grelgen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:30 am I think it's wrong to have a fit if you get a bad rating and believe it's for some paranoid reason.
"believe it's for some paranoid reason" vs "I just rated all your teases 1*"

bro why are you saying this is all paranoia over rate bombing when people have outright said theyre doing it in this thread and elsewhere on the forums? thats not paranoia at all lol

and why does everyone have such a hard on for fenway? remember other authors have also said this is an issue on this thread and elsewhere in the forums too. seems were getting bogged down on fenway because we dont want to do anything about the actual issue at hand
grelgen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:30 am I took 10 minutes of my time yesterday to actually view his TOTM. it's boring. if i actually cared about rating things, i would rate it low, like a 2. no bugs, the girl seemed pretty, but it's 60 pages of timer commands. I don't have time for that.
i mean isnt everything on here basically timer command pages? anyway i think thats fair, but would you then go into nineteen other teases by that same author to rate a two on everything or would you just pass it by?
pjh776
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by pjh776 »

nogoodnamesleft7 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:41 pm
grelgen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:30 am I took 10 minutes of my time yesterday to actually view his TOTM. it's boring. if i actually cared about rating things, i would rate it low, like a 2. no bugs, the girl seemed pretty, but it's 60 pages of timer commands. I don't have time for that.
i mean isnt everything on here basically timer command pages?
If you really believe what you said, about everything on here being timer command pages, you're totally missing out. There are multiple fully functional and sophisticated, intelligent actual GAMES!, that track state and evolution over time (even multiple days, changing behavior depending on how long ago you last interacted with it, for example), that use randomness for unique experiences, that are greatly and directly affected by user input etc. Now THAT is incredible work. On the other hand, a ton of pages with timers in a completely linear storytelling structure? Meh. Erotica, with authors releasing stories one chapter at a time, has been around since many decades ago.
LancerKnight
Explorer
Explorer

Post by LancerKnight »

1 star bombing is a shame, I agree with the idea of commenting being required, and the list of people/comments being public if you click on it. On the downside, it means fewer ratings for each tease, but I don't rate very often, and when I do, it's when I have strong opinions about it that I want to share.

That being said, I agree that overall, the ratings on the site seem a bit inflated - I pretty much never rate a tease unless I rate a 5 because many teases I feel are 2-4 have scores well above that. However, I don't really see that as an issue. When I'm looking for a tease, sorting by >3.5 helps get rid of the garbage, and past that, I don't really care what the rating is. If it interests me, I'll click.
ostermanblue2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ostermanblue2 »

It blows my mind to see people articulate ratings as some kind of tool to manipulate people into creating the kind of content they want by downvoting the rest. Do they think that will actually work? I'm probably a little too generous with my ratings because I only end up rating the teases I completed, which is kind of rare. Now and then I'll give something a 3 or 4 because I think it needs work. But to actually go around trying to discourage someone from making new free content they're interested in and that most people clearly enjoy feels petty to me. It's tasteless and cruel on the level of making fun of someone's art to their face. A better way to advocate for the kind of content you want is to make some yourself. Save 1's and 2's for those random findoms who post teases that lead people offsite, you know the kind.

Also, length of the tease or depth of the tease or how complicated the mechanic is, don't necessarily make for a better tease. The simple slideshow format has been going strong on this site for a long time, and that's what a webtease is anyway. I mean, cool that the games are getting more complex but these aren't called "webgames" they're called "webteases," that's a slideshow with text for those of us who started jerking off before the year 2000.

Maybe another way to think about this is: what actual harm would it cause if there were a few teases on this site that were a 5.0? Even if there were a few per month? Honestly I think that some serious creativity goes into a lot of these projects, a lot of endurance and hard work, that should get rewarded with a high rating. I don't think that Shattered's teases, which in my mind should all be rated 5.0 across the board, would somehow be impugned or diluted if some other author also got rated the same regularly. His teases wouldn't lose their innocence, fall from the height of paradise and into the depths of...

...eh, losing interest in writing this argument, going back to Eve...