[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.0

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.0

Post by ritewriter »

I’m having the same problem. Progress doesn’t save as you go along in NORMAL mode. If you close or crash the game, it saves only the basic character creation and sets you back to day one.

I’m computer illiterate so I have no idea why this is happening.

Will try the old and new version mode in Chrome and see what happens.

All on iOS.

Oh, one more thing. In Edge and Chrome on iOS there’s no button to enlarge the screen (the square next to the star) but it appears in Safari.
MrDigital
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MrDigital »

I'm playing the game since some versions.
But there is something thats not totaly clear for me and i want to know, how you others play this game:

- when do you have to stroke (time?amount?speed?)
- maybe when do you have to edge

These 2 points are - in my opinion - the most important things for playing teases ;)
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

ritewriter wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:41 am I’m having the same problem. Progress doesn’t save as you go along in NORMAL mode. If you close or crash the game, it saves only the basic character creation and sets you back to day one.
For Normal mode the OP says "Progress is saved at the end of the run." It doesn't say it saves progress during the run. That's in Legacy mode: "Game is saved at every step, choose your path carefully"
MrDigital wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:22 am I'm playing the game since some versions.
But there is something thats not totaly clear for me and i want to know, how you others play this game:

- when do you have to stroke (time?amount?speed?)
- maybe when do you have to edge

These 2 points are - in my opinion - the most important things for playing teases ;)
I would say, whatever is fun for you.

Personally I would suggest some strokes when they do an action that increases your lust, and edge when your character is forced to cum (or finish if you want to). Keep playing until you are frustrated enough to finish :-D
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

LancerKnight wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:50 am
ritewriter wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:41 am
Just reinforcing what @kristycookie said:
Normal mode saves the game between runs (bad ending or reaching the 15th), pay attention to the "Saved Game" warning so you don't lose your progress.

Legacy mode saves with every action taken

Switching modes erases all progress from both modes

Also, the game is not saved if the player is in incognito mode.

And finally, for a better experience, try not to use Apple products, I'm getting a lot of reports that there are crashes, random restarts and overall weird behavior on IOS
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
henkdb91
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by henkdb91 »

Hi diogaoo,

First of all, this is an amazing tease you have created, I've played it since the very early stages.

I really enjoyed the new layers you have kept adding and new options that are available with each new version that comes out.

The new saving option is definitely a big plus since the tease has expanded quite a lot.

However there is just one thing that changed for the worse in my opinion, which is that we are no longer able to access the castle after the 15 days are over. So far I really enjoyed taking the time to prepare enough to be able to have a chance in the castle, gathering weapons, potions, skill lvls etc.

Unfortunately this is no longer possible at the moment, I can't really think of a way to properly reach that far in the game with so few days to lvl up, so the whole castle event is now gone for me. :weep:

I was really hoping that there will be no day limitation to the castle since it is such a big part of the game and I think many won't be able to complete it within the time given.

PS: For the people dealing with crashes and such, I personally have never encountered a single crash on firefox, I have played far past the game warning many times without failure.

Cheers! :wave:
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

henkdb91 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:13 pm However there is just one thing that changed for the worse in my opinion, which is that we are no longer able to access the castle after the 15 days are over. So far I really enjoyed taking the time to prepare enough to be able to have a chance in the castle, gathering weapons, potions, skill lvls etc.

Unfortunately this is no longer possible at the moment, I can't really think of a way to properly reach that far in the game with so few days to lvl up, so the whole castle event is now gone for me. :weep:

I was really hoping that there will be no day limitation to the castle since it is such a big part of the game and I think many won't be able to complete it within the time given.
When playing in Normal mode, it is certainly possible to reach the Castle in time (with a good chance of beating it). I haven't tried Legacy Mode yet, so I can't speak to that.

But in Normal, you can use the Points gained from previous runs to "level-up" before each Day 1. You won't get to the Castle the first time, but a few runs in and you should be able to get there. Obviously some random factors come into play, like encountering certain enemies in a reasonable time frame, but you can ultimately get everything you need in a little over a week. My personal record is Castle run by Day 9.

Correction: I suppose I should say "you probably won't get to the Castle the first time". I understand that some people have done just that in previous versions.

I do agree, however, that the time limit on the Castle should not apply to Legacy Mode (as I understand it).
Spoiler: show
One time it took me nearly a week just to encounter the ghost with the Old Talisman, despite spending nearly all of that time trying.
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

diogaoo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:19 pm And finally, for a better experience, try not to use Apple products
Now there's some solid life advice :-P

Played a couple runs, saw most of the additions; another quality update :-)
Tested the "normal" mode first; it's pretty good. Not needing to farm for a forge felt pretty good. I do prefer the Legacy mode for the "defined" challenge, the normal mode loses a little definition with the ability to just throw "farming rounds" at it. But I'm sure plenty of people will prefer the grind over just luck.

Didn't run into any major bugs, but there was something off with the separate rounds of the normal mode. At first I thought I inherited "naked" from a previous run, getting extra lust damage from opponents, and that did sort itself out with losing clothes and equipping new ones; but I also had the opposite on a different round. I was getting basically a -2 for all lust attacks all throughout one run, including getting to -1/100 lust on any lust attack whenever on 0 relevant addiction. Kira's visions had a hard time... :-) Negative corruption..?

Loved the new Anastacia. I thought I didn't like the model in the first implementation, but that set and the use of it was so much better that it felt like different chick. Thumbs up for Leona as well, I had to go and take a proper beating from Ella to be able to lose to Leona, but it was well worth it .. :-)

Got to the Castle on my only Legacy run, the run was preetty dry; let's just say I was fighting the castle with Knuckles. But it seemed I might've completed it had I brought another health potion (3/3 att + 3/3 lust build, 140 Max HP, showed up at Sigrid at 35/140 iirc). The mechanics on Sigrid seem interesting, although my experience for that fight isn't exactly descriptive; on the "normal" run I was completely OP by then (~400 lust, ~350 hp, 36 damage total, straight up bought a hammer recipe from Kira etc) and the Legacy run wasn't exactly a good one, barely made it there.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

henkdb91 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:13 pm
Hi diogaoo,

First of all, this is an amazing tease you have created, I've played it since the very early stages.

I really enjoyed the new layers you have kept adding and new options that are available with each new version that comes out.

The new saving option is definitely a big plus since the tease has expanded quite a lot.

However there is just one thing that changed for the worse in my opinion, which is that we are no longer able to access the castle after the 15 days are over. So far I really enjoyed taking the time to prepare enough to be able to have a chance in the castle, gathering weapons, potions, skill lvls etc.

PS: For the people dealing with crashes and such, I personally have never encountered a single crash on firefox, I have played far past the game warning many times without failure.
Cheers! :wave:
Hi henk, thanks for your support during these last months (almost a year now, huh?)
I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying the tease for so long. :love:

As for the 15-day limit to enter the castle, as already mentioned, the normal mode can make things a lot easier for those who want to explore the game on their own pace, but I partially agree with you, I'm considering removing the day limit 15 to the castle in Legacy mode, it won't happen in version 1.05 because it's already released, but maybe in 1.10.
Slagblah wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:29 pm
One time it took me nearly a week just to encounter the ghost with the Old Talisman, despite spending nearly all of that time trying.
This was getting on my nerves too, I've already added something in v1.05 that should help dealing with that (as well as setting the stage for future updates that may require hunting down specific enemies).
spaisin wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:49 pm
diogaoo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:19 pm And finally, for a better experience, try not to use Apple products
Now there's some solid life advice :-P

Played a couple runs, saw most of the additions; another quality update :-)
Didn't run into any major bugs, but there was something off with the separate rounds of the normal mode. At first I thought I inherited "naked" from a previous run, getting extra lust damage from opponents, and that did sort itself out with losing clothes and equipping new ones; but I also had the opposite on a different round. I was getting basically a -2 for all lust attacks all throughout one run, including getting to -1/100 lust on any lust attack whenever on 0 relevant addiction. Kira's visions had a hard time... :-) Negative corruption..?
This is definitely weird, I'll take a look at what might be going on.
And I'm happy to know that you liked the new additions, even if you didn't love the new mode :-P
Play Hero Corruption 1
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

diogaoo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:00 pm
Slagblah wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:37 am So, I've played through v1.0 in Normal mode several times now and my initial impression is that I really like not having to start from scratch every time. Being able to build on your previous success reduces much of the early-game tedium (getting backpack, forge access, etc.)

I have found a couple of problems though...
1. I was experimenting in the post end-game (seeing the effect of losing to the new/updated characters) and when I was fighting Rose, her physical attacks would nearly zero-out my lust. Her lust attacks did not seem to compound either. Simply incrementing my Lust by one. At the time my Big Breast addition was sky high, having just completed the Castle. I eventually let her defeat me with HP attacks, after which I was getting the "You can't stop think about Big Breasts" message.

1a. I followed that up with an encounter with Anastasia, who was doing the same thing (no lust build-up, HP attack zeroes Lust). And then visited the Deep Forest, where I was routed directly to Lisa and her Bad End (as if my excessive addiction had been due to her).

2. I was fighting Sigrid and I stunned her at the same time as her HP went negative, resulting in the screenshot below. The combat continued and as an experiment, I hit "Wait" a couple time (she did not die). Only when I attacked again was she vanquished. Is this just her, or a systemic problem? I don't know.

Sigrid.png
Hi Slagblah, Sigrid's bug is fixed, thanks for reporting it :smile:
I'm not sure what caused the low damage lust attacks, but i'm looking into it right now
I think the lust related error may be originating with Sigrid. I was fighting her again with the intent to lose (just to see her bad end), and my lust started fluctuating wildly up and down. Obviously, it should increase normally, but I wasn't doing anything to reduce it. I was being hit with a variety of her attacks, including losing some addiction challenges, so maybe one of those triggered it?

I had consumed both a Green and Orange potion just prior to the fight, so that could be a possibility too. I don't normally drink those, except in the Castle. However, I also did the same on all my previous Castle runs with only the one other instance of this bug.
VincentSagitta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by VincentSagitta »

When it is revealed who has the talisman, it would be interesting if that girl had some boost until you retrieve the talisman. Could be more attack (would make sense, as the player also gets a dmg-boost if keeping the talisman), a special ability (weakening the player? Adding corruption along with the normal addiction gains?).
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

VincentSagitta wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:23 pm When it is revealed who has the talisman, it would be interesting if that girl had some boost until you retrieve the talisman. Could be more attack (would make sense, as the player also gets a dmg-boost if keeping the talisman), a special ability (weakening the player? Adding corruption along with the normal addiction gains?).
Hey Vincent, actually, that's a great ideia, I feel like it would add a little more content to Kira's quest and at the same time it shouldn't be that hard to do. I will try to add in version v1.10 !
No promises tho, I already have plans for this version. :-P
Play Hero Corruption 1
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

Slagblah wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:33 am
diogaoo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:00 pm
Slagblah wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:37 am So, I've played through v1.0 in Normal mode several times now and my initial impression is that I really like not having to start from scratch every time. Being able to build on your previous success reduces much of the early-game tedium (getting backpack, forge access, etc.)

I have found a couple of problems though...
1. I was experimenting in the post end-game (seeing the effect of losing to the new/updated characters) and when I was fighting Rose, her physical attacks would nearly zero-out my lust. Her lust attacks did not seem to compound either. Simply incrementing my Lust by one. At the time my Big Breast addition was sky high, having just completed the Castle. I eventually let her defeat me with HP attacks, after which I was getting the "You can't stop think about Big Breasts" message.

1a. I followed that up with an encounter with Anastasia, who was doing the same thing (no lust build-up, HP attack zeroes Lust). And then visited the Deep Forest, where I was routed directly to Lisa and her Bad End (as if my excessive addiction had been due to her).

2. I was fighting Sigrid and I stunned her at the same time as her HP went negative, resulting in the screenshot below. The combat continued and as an experiment, I hit "Wait" a couple time (she did not die). Only when I attacked again was she vanquished. Is this just her, or a systemic problem? I don't know.

Sigrid.png
Hi Slagblah, Sigrid's bug is fixed, thanks for reporting it :smile:
I'm not sure what caused the low damage lust attacks, but i'm looking into it right now
I think the lust related error may be originating with Sigrid. I was fighting her again with the intent to lose (just to see her bad end), and my lust started fluctuating wildly up and down. Obviously, it should increase normally, but I wasn't doing anything to reduce it. I was being hit with a variety of her attacks, including losing some addiction challenges, so maybe one of those triggered it?

I had consumed both a Green and Orange potion just prior to the fight, so that could be a possibility too. I don't normally drink those, except in the Castle. However, I also did the same on all my previous Castle runs with only the one other instance of this bug.
Don't bother spending any more time looking for this "bug". I was a bonehead and had the "reduce Lust on Wait" Perk. I guess I just wasn't used to taking that one anymore, since in previous versions, I preferred the "reduce Addiction each night" option instead. However, the recent changes to the Castle made me re-evaluate that preference.

Oh, and an unrelated request... When spending Points, how about adding a "Give me the rest in Gold" button? I've found that after buying everything I want/need from the other options, I load up on Gold with the remainder. This could be 100 or more Gold, which requires 100 or more clicks of the button. What a pain!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Slagblah wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 am Oh, and an unrelated request... When spending Points, how about adding a "Give me the rest in Gold" button? I've found that after buying everything I want/need from the other options, I load up on Gold with the remainder. This could be 100 or more Gold, which requires 100 or more clicks of the button. What a pain!
Received a suggestion pretty similar to yours a few days ago, I will make some changes in v1.05 to make things a little less painful ;-)
Play Hero Corruption 1
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

Bug report: Just messing around, I threw 600 Gold in the Wishing Well and the game totally locked up. I got the "Offered 600 Gold" message and then it was stuck. Had to reload.

Edit: Wishing for decrease random addiction, if that matters.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by ritewriter »

A couple typos:

ANASTASIA: I’m still going to empty that naughty balls of yours.

SHOULD BE: THESE naughty balls

WENDY AND SANDY: Good morning sleephead

SHOULD Be: Good morning, sleepyhead

WENDY AND SANDY: Does my tits feel good?

SHOULD BE: Do my tits feel good?