Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Post by LondonGent »

andyp wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 am Edit: for new releases what do you think to using a single thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555
Not a terrible idea, but it's more work for whoever is keeping it up to date just to solve a problem that shouldn't really exist.

This forum has worked perfectly well for many years without it. Old threads resurfacing from time to time was never a problem and should be encouraged, provided it doesn't swamp every other discussion in the process. If someone has something to say on an old thread, they should go ahead and say it. If someone has 50 things to say about 50 old videos, that's it's own topic of conversation and should be it's own thread.

Guilherme might be right that his reviews are appreciated by the video creators, but 20+ posts per week (i.e. 3 per day) in a forum that gets 2 or 3 new topics in the same amount of time is still overwhelming. If one person was posting that many videos it would likely get complaints, and these reviews are of a lot less interest to most people than that would be. He might as well be going into old threads and posting "I watched this" or "bump" as far as many people are concerned.

Why should the community be forced to adapt just to accommodate the wishes of one person? Particularly when a simple solution already exists - If Guilherme wants to continue reviewing at this rate, he should create a thread consolidating all his reviews in one place. It solves the problem instantly, gives people an easy place to reply to his reviews if they want to and allows the rest of the forum to continue as it always has.

Just my 2 cents Image
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

Tentacruel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:26 am Seeing as there is a way to find all new releases by post date, I personally prefer keeping reviews of videos in their relevant threads, instead of moving that discussion to a separate post not linked in the video thread.

All of these new comments, although they make the forum a little more chaotic, feel like a breath of fresh air. I like seeing such enthusiasm and enjoy reading what people think of older videos. 3 a day feels like a very reasonable compromise until we figure out how to implement sorting the forum by creation date.

In the meanwhile, what's wrong with using the search function?
I do see your side of the argument, but it's a question of quantity. In an ideal world, the forum would be a lot more active and these reviews would blend in with everything else going on. More people commenting on old threads would be great. One person commenting on lots of old threads isn't the same thing.

The big issue with the search is that it takes a lot more effort and knowledge than just scanning over the first page or using the "mark topics read" button. It's just not something a casual visitor will do. It also misses any potentially interesting updates to older threads - "Just stop browsing by last post if you don't want to see 20 posts from the same user" isn't really a solution.
Analicious
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Analicious »

andyp wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 am Hi Everyone,

Whilst I try to let the community police themselves they is a lot of hate and anger backwards and forwards here.

I understand people want to come and "see if they is anything new" and that's fine a lot of our user base does this.

but on the flip side old content is new to some people so threads coming to the top isn't that big a problem,

I think the issue is like a lot of people here have pointed out we have no sort by thread creation (I will attempt to sort this, with the help of the admin)

People reviewing old videos and providing feedback is welcomed and appreciated, all I will ask is that we calm it down a little whilst I ask if sort by can be implemented

Edit: for new releases what do you think to using a single thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555

Cheers
Hi Andyp,

That's exactly what I was thinking. Has anyone spoken to Seraphox about making it easier for the users to choose how they want to sort threads?

The arguments between people stem from the way each one wants to use the forum. So if they are given the option, people can do as many reviews as they choose and the rest can sort threads by creation date.

Another idea would be to create a separate "reviews" section where threads for each release are automatically created after they are posted in e.g. "On Video".

Let's have Seraphox read these ideas and come up with a nice plan to make the forum a nice peaceful and harmonious place for everyone involved.

Cheers,
Analicious
andyp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by andyp »

Analicious wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 pm
andyp wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 am Hi Everyone,

Whilst I try to let the community police themselves they is a lot of hate and anger backwards and forwards here.

I understand people want to come and "see if they is anything new" and that's fine a lot of our user base does this.

but on the flip side old content is new to some people so threads coming to the top isn't that big a problem,

I think the issue is like a lot of people here have pointed out we have no sort by thread creation (I will attempt to sort this, with the help of the admin)

People reviewing old videos and providing feedback is welcomed and appreciated, all I will ask is that we calm it down a little whilst I ask if sort by can be implemented

Edit: for new releases what do you think to using a single thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555

Cheers
Hi Andyp,

That's exactly what I was thinking. Has anyone spoken to Seraphox about making it easier for the users to choose how they want to sort threads?

The arguments between people stem from the way each one wants to use the forum. So if they are given the option, people can do as many reviews as they choose and the rest can sort threads by creation date.

Another idea would be to create a separate "reviews" section where threads for each release are automatically created after they are posted in e.g. "On Video".

Let's have Seraphox read these ideas and come up with a nice plan to make the forum a nice peaceful and harmonious place for everyone involved.

Cheers,
Analicious
Hi have messages Seraphox with some suggestions and pointed him at this thread also.
xeenith
Explorer
Explorer

Post by xeenith »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:37 pm Feel free to answer anything you want to me.
I think the biggest problem was the troll that was making the problem worse.
Sure you made lost of review, but you'd post once on each thread and that's it.
A once and done problem.

the interesting thing is that it's showing some limits to the forum tools available, and it seems the admins are moving to add some more.
All in all, you just helped make the site better!
so even if just for that, thx Guilherme :-P
PewCat
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by PewCat »

xeenith wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:30 pm
Guilherme_1988 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:37 pm Feel free to answer anything you want to me.
the interesting thing is that it's showing some limits to the forum tools available, and it seems the admins are moving to add some more.
Nice. This summarizes it well for me. Though in the interim while we wait for some kind of technical solution, Guilherme limiting the daily posts (as was suggested previously) will also help. This way Guilherme can continue to be an explorer at heart, while continuing to thank the contributors, and other members of the community can also have their forum browsing experience be "friction free" :whistle:
frenchdude
Explorer
Explorer

Post by frenchdude »

doremi wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 pm And when you are done, click the Mark topics read link for any leftovers remaining.
I wish I had noticed this feature before by myself :look:
Thank you, doremi :wave:
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fragrantEmulsion »

This forum was outdated when I lurked it in 2012. I much prefer the structure of reddit threads to this. The fact that necroing is possible, even when it's frowned upon, is something that should be solved with technology.

Even the word forum is outdated and harkens back to a time where men argued in togas over the best vintage of olive oil to be used for sodomy.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Play nice everyone.

If you have something new to add to a topic, you can if it's substantial enough to necro. A lot of the posts around here are feedback for peoples creations ran by the owner, if you discover something you love 5 years late doesn't mean you can't comment.