Bandwidth Question

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
slim7
Explorer
Explorer

Bandwidth Question

Post by slim7 »

First, let me say, this is a first class site you guys are running. Major, major props.

My question deals with bandwidth... I've seen many sites that look like an OD fan's dream pop up since OD.com stopped allowing images, and as soon as they became popular they hit a bandwidth limit (often associated with free hosting) and disappear.

I'm wondering if Milovana.com has the server capacity to support how popular this site could soon become? I'm not trying to delve into the site's personal business as much as I'm wondering if I should post about it on some boards that i frequent (so we get some new teases posted), or if I should remain quiet about it, so it stays up and running.

Again, my utmost thanks for establishing this site. It's fantastic.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Hmm. I'm tempted to say: No problem, we can handle it. But I take your concern seriously and I'll check back with the guys at justmoon and let you know what they have to say about it.

One thing though: This is not free webspace or something like that. It's a dedicated server from justmoon hosting. I know we won't get a bigger server right now, but I think they are willing to move some sites away from this one, if Milovana.com grows.

I'll get back to you in a minute. :-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Alright, you got the green light. :-)
You had 91708 http requests yesterday and the server can scale to about 30 times that amount. If there is such an invasion that the site does go down, we'll move it to a bigger server. Normally we can detect the load pretty early though, so there shouldn't be a problem.