RLGL-Player (version 0.12.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.9.0)

Post by 47dahc »

Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:33 pm
47dahc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:12 pm I was thinking along the lines of setting a duration for the images and they just rotate through like any other slideshow. Gifs would ignore the duration setting and play their full length once and move on. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, start a slideshow with IrfanView. Same idea, just with your RLGL border randomly appearing throughout. Adding support for webm or webp would be a awesome bonus.
All right. I'm not fully sure if something like that is possible with the current design of the code, but I'll see if I can get it working.
Also support for webm and therefor webp for images (in case I can get it working) is possible. It will be added in the next update.
47dahc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:12 pm I also noticed that I can't go full full screen. It allows the window to go full screen but the menu bar is still visible. Not sure if this has already been brought up or not.
I've been avoiding this a little bit. But I'll see how big I can get it full screen.

Augustulus
Awesome. See what you can do. I'm not a coder so I don't know how hard it is to do things but I can imagine. If it can't be done, it can't be done. No worries. If it can, great. Looking forward to the program's progression.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 am Also I guess you might have missed it or forgot to add it to the message, so I add the question another time here:
Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm I forgot to ask about specific metronome settings for endings and maybe even edges. What would you suggest? A special range of speeds for these phases?
They definitely all need their own settings as their goals and situations are all very different.
To reach the edge most people would probably need a faster minimum than for stroking.
For orgasm it is entirely dependent on how difficult and random the player wants to make it.
Looking at your new metronome settings tab I'd suggest just copying what you already have two times for edges and orgasms respectively.
Probably name the three sections "Stroking", "Edging", "Orgasms".
Edit: Maybe "Green Light", "Edge Light", "Ending" would be better?

Some additional feedback as I test:
  1. The Preferences window really needs an "Apply"-button. Testing out things, especially visual changes, is very cumbersome as you constantly need to close and reopen the preferences window.
  2. The "Save and exit"-button should be changed to "Save and Close" to indicate that it does not exit the application.
  3. You should probably remove the X-button from the Preferences window as it is ambiguous whether it cancels or saves and closes.
  4. The border percentages go all the way down to 0%, but that does not make the border disappear. There also does not appear to be a visual difference between 1% and 0%.
  5. Dropping the bottom border below 100% does not vertically realign the volume slider. When dropped to <86% the slider indicators at the bottom start getting cut off.
  6. I would recommend changing the label for the "Possibility" sliders to "Chance" as it is a more commonly used word for this purpose.
  7. I'd also recommend adding a %-sign after the number to make clear what the value means.
  8. Minor issue: The indicators above and below the slider line up with 11%, 21%, etc. rather than 10%, 20%, etc.
    They should be scaled from the end (100%) rather than the start (1%).
  9. The setting "let program decide" in the Ending section has no indication or setting for chance. (I guess since you are working on overhauling the options for endings anyway this will soon be obsolete.)
  10. When customizing a loaded playlist there is a checkbox "Ignore user preferences saved in this playlist". I did not see indicated anywhere when saving the playlist that any preferences would be saved. What does this actually do?
Edit 1:
It is strange that you cannot save and load playlists from the load menu where playlists are created. This means that you have to start a playlist before you can save it. It also makes it more cumbersome to go through multiple playlists. Both in the case of loading them and creating them.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Got a chance to try the latest version the other day and almost everything worked perfectly.

The only thing that didn't seem to work was that the shuffle setting didn't seem to save with the playlist. If I loaded a saved playlist it always seemed to play in the order they were loaded and not shuffled. I didn't test this through an entire playlist though.

When I loaded a playlist and selected yes to customize the playlist there are two buttons - Cancel and Start.
I hit cancel because I changed my mind about that playlist and wanted to select another one but the playlist started anyway. I think Cancel should cancel playing, otherwise it's the same as start.

Also regarding these points raised by Triple Alfa:
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 pm
  1. ...
  2. The "Save and exit"-button should be changed to "Save and Close" to indicate that it does not exit the application.
    The standard buttons in a dialog like this are Ok and Cancel. I think those would be clear enough.
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...
  6. ...
  7. I'd also recommend adding a %-sign after the number to make clear what the value means.
    I agree - the percent sign would make it clearer
  8. Minor issue: The indicators above and below the slider line up with 11%, 21%, etc. rather than 10%, 20%, etc.
    Again I agree, both that it's a minor issue, and that 10%, 20%, etc. would be more natural. I noticed this but wasn't going to say anything, but since someone else brought it up too...
  9. ...
  10. ...
And...
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 pm It is strange that you cannot save and load playlists from the load menu where playlists are created. This means that you have to start a playlist before you can save it. It also makes it more cumbersome to go through multiple playlists. Both in the case of loading them and creating them.
It would be nice to have Save and Load buttons on the playlist dialog, but I would suggest that the button currently marked "Load" should be named "Add" to better reflect what it does.
So Save and Load save and load playlists, and Add adds files to the current playlist.

You could even put the Add button to the right of the file list so you have Add/Up/Down/Remove buttons there, and put the Save and Load buttons beneath the playlist.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.10.0)

Post by Augustulus »

Hey :wave:,

I was pretty busy on reworking the ending-part of sessions. This is a huge update, so expect a lot of bugs and I recommend making a backup of your current version before updating!
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 pm
  1. The Preferences window really needs an "Apply"-button. Testing out things, especially visual changes, is very cumbersome as you constantly need to close and reopen the preferences window.
  3. You should probably remove the X-button from the Preferences window as it is ambiguous whether it cancels or saves and closes.
  4. The border percentages go all the way down to 0%, but that does not make the border disappear. There also does not appear to be a visual difference between 1% and 0%.
  5. Dropping the bottom border below 100% does not vertically realign the volume slider. When dropped to <86% the slider indicators at the bottom start getting cut off.
  6. I would recommend changing the label for the "Possibility" sliders to "Chance" as it is a more commonly used word for this purpose.
  9. The setting "let program decide" in the Ending section has no indication or setting for chance. (I guess since you are working on overhauling the options for endings anyway this will soon be obsolete.)
  10. When customizing a loaded playlist there is a checkbox "Ignore user preferences saved in this playlist". I did not see indicated anywhere when saving the playlist that any preferences would be saved. What does this actually do?
  1. It's now possible to apply changes without closing the preferences dialog :-).
  2. Renamed it
  3. I'm following the windows-design-guide here, which says that such a dialog should have an X-button and it's default behavior should be the cancel action.
  4. borders got down to 0%, but the video player had a small border by default too, which I didn't notice. I have removed it now.
  5. Done
  6. Done
  7. Done
  8. Yeah, that's obsolete now.
  9. Playlists were build directly from the specifications from PlayfulGuy and he wanted to have the preferences saved to have the exact same result on loading a playlist again. Since it was clear that I rework the ending the current implementation was more a proof of concept. But yeah, you're right it was not user friendly. I will work on it next.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:28 pm Got a chance to try the latest version the other day and almost everything worked perfectly.

The only thing that didn't seem to work was that the shuffle setting didn't seem to save with the playlist. If I loaded a saved playlist it always seemed to play in the order they were loaded and not shuffled. I didn't test this through an entire playlist though.

When I loaded a playlist and selected yes to customize the playlist there are two buttons - Cancel and Start.
I hit cancel because I changed my mind about that playlist and wanted to select another one but the playlist started anyway. I think Cancel should cancel playing, otherwise it's the same as start.

It would be nice to have Save and Load buttons on the playlist dialog, but I would suggest that the button currently marked "Load" should be named "Add" to better reflect what it does.
So Save and Load save and load playlists, and Add adds files to the current playlist.

You could even put the Add button to the right of the file list so you have Add/Up/Down/Remove buttons there, and put the Save and Load buttons beneath the playlist.
Thanks, yeah the shuffle option was at the moment only used one time before the playlist was saved and not executed on load again.
When I finalize the playlist I'll see if I can add the shuffle option. Renaming the button from load to add seems a good idea.
With the current changes on endings there is also the option to save the ending in playlists deactivated. I don't think that this will be working with the new concept. Sorry.

For the new ending system there will be automatically two endings created: the GreenLightEnding and the RedLightEnding. These ones are simple one green/red phase that lasts for 30 seconds. You can customize them if you want, but if you delete them they will be recreated automatically to make sure that the program works correctly!
Endings will be stored separately in the folder "Endings" (it will also be created automatically). You can share endings if you want. Every ending-file in the folder will be loaded on program start! Keep in mind that saved settings for a specific ending will be lost, if you move the ending-file and open the program afterwards!

I guess the UI is not the best at the moment. Have fun exploring it. I'm thankful for any suggestions.
There are also some known bugs:
  1. Chances of enabled endings sum not up to 100% on occasions. Should be no problem but it's not nice :-( .
  2. It's not checked if a video is long enough to support an ending. I guess the ending will stop in the middle.
  3. I experienced at least once that the volume of a video was not correct. If this is the case change the volume again and it should get corrected.
The new volumebar in the main window will show up when you hover the mouse pointer over the bottom border.

Please notice also the changelog on the main-post for more changes.

Thanks again for doing all the work and testing it :love: ,
Augustulus
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.10.1)

Post by Triple Alfa »

Okay new version new feedback:
  1. You switch between the terminology "light" and "phase" a lot. This can be confusing for people not very familiar with the concept.
  2. The tooltip for the Chance slider of the edge phase section has two errors. A dot/period appears at the start of the sentence, instead of at the end. "Define" should be "Defines" as a tooltip should describe the function of the element, not the actions of the user. Note: These same errors also occur in the metronome and censor chance slider tooltips.
  3. Metronome: Minimal bpm can be set higher than maximal bpm.
  4. Personal opinion: While technically correct I prefer minimum and maximum over minimal and maximal as it is more commonly used.
  5. By default no ending was activated. (I'm not sure what would have happened if I tried to play without changing the settings.)
  6. Custom Ending: When editing a countdown phase of an ending it is possible to change the duration via the up and down arrows on the right of the disabled box.
  7. Custom Ending: Moving a phase up or down deselects the phase.
  8. Custom Ending: There should be an option to rename a phase. The same goes for renaming an ending.
  9. A single ending can be set to lower than 100% by typing in a number and clicking away to another tab.
  10. Running my first video gave me an unhandled exception:
    Spoiler: show
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value '-15883' is not a valid value for Interval. Interval must be greater than 0.
    Parameter name: Interval
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Interval(Int32 value)
    at RLGL_Player.RLGLPlayer.SetVideoEndTimer()
    From what I can tell it might have something to do with the video length. Loading a longer video prevents the exception from occurring. Though looping the original video causes the exception to occur when the last loop runs.(The video I loaded was 1 minute and 16 seconds long the video that does work is 2 minutes and 7 seconds long.)
  11. The color settings could really use a "reset to default" option.
  12. The volume icon and slider do not appear unless I mouse over the bottom bar. This is nice when watching the video, but before a session is started they should be visible to indicate to players that they exist at all. It is also worth noting that the appearance when mousing over the bottom bar is not smooth. It seems like there is a significant delay.
  13. Custom Ending: The "countdown" option should have an option to be edge light instead of green light. Following an edge light with a countdown currently gives mixed messages.
  14. Custom Ending: Countdowns follow the metronome rules for green light. In most cases this is probably not desired as the metronome settings are balanced for stroking not getting ready to cum.
I must say I'm impressed by the work you've put into the ending system already. It really gives it a lot of flexibility.
Also the default edge and ruin colors work nicely. I tried using similar softer colors for red and green light as well and found it much easier on the eyes. I suggest you give it a try.

One more bit of feedback:
The color selector does not select the currently applied color. (eg. If you have changed green light and red light to a different color(in that order), click on the green colored bar in the preferences menu, and click on "Define custom colors >>". The selected color will be the color you last edited, which is red, not the currently selected color.)

Edit:
Another bit of feedback: The custom colors do not seem to add properly. It seems to override the already existing custom colors. You also cannot select a slot for it to add to as that will reset the color to white(or whatever other color is in that slot of course).

Edit 2:
More feedback:
  1. Custom colors do not seem to save at all. I exited the application and reloaded it and all the custom colors were gone.
  2. Bug: After loading new sessions multiple times for testing, including loading while another was still playing, I managed to get the player stuck on a green light. Before that I also saw it play the last part of my custom ending right at the start of a session.(it started near the end of a countdown) Seems like there are some issues with resolving the current session when loading another.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Triple Alfa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am Okay new version new feedback:
  1. You switch between the terminology "light" and "phase" a lot. This can be confusing for people not very familiar with the concept.
  2. The tooltip for the Chance slider of the edge phase section has two errors. A dot/period appears at the start of the sentence, instead of at the end. "Define" should be "Defines" as a tooltip should describe the function of the element, not the actions of the user. Note: These same errors also occur in the metronome and censor chance slider tooltips.
  3. Metronome: Minimal bpm can be set higher than maximal bpm.
  4. Personal opinion: While technically correct I prefer minimum and maximum over minimal and maximal as it is more commonly used.
  5. By default no ending was activated. (I'm not sure what would have happened if I tried to play without changing the settings.)
  6. Custom Ending: When editing a countdown phase of an ending it is possible to change the duration via the up and down arrows on the right of the disabled box.
  7. Custom Ending: Moving a phase up or down deselects the phase.
  8. Custom Ending: There should be an option to rename a phase. The same goes for renaming an ending.
  9. A single ending can be set to lower than 100% by typing in a number and clicking away to another tab.
  10. Running my first video gave me an unhandled exception:
    Spoiler: show
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value '-15883' is not a valid value for Interval. Interval must be greater than 0.
    Parameter name: Interval
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Interval(Int32 value)
    at RLGL_Player.RLGLPlayer.SetVideoEndTimer()
    From what I can tell it might have something to do with the video length. Loading a longer video prevents the exception from occurring. Though looping the original video causes the exception to occur when the last loop runs.(The video I loaded was 1 minute and 16 seconds long the video that does work is 2 minutes and 7 seconds long.)
  11. The color settings could really use a "reset to default" option.
  12. The volume icon and slider do not appear unless I mouse over the bottom bar. This is nice when watching the video, but before a session is started they should be visible to indicate to players that they exist at all. It is also worth noting that the appearance when mousing over the bottom bar is not smooth. It seems like there is a significant delay.
  13. Custom Ending: The "countdown" option should have an option to be edge light instead of green light. Following an edge light with a countdown currently gives mixed messages.
  14. Custom Ending: Countdowns follow the metronome rules for green light. In most cases this is probably not desired as the metronome settings are balanced for stroking not getting ready to cum.
I must say I'm impressed by the work you've put into the ending system already. It really gives it a lot of flexibility.
Also the default edge and ruin colors work nicely. I tried using similar softer colors for red and green light as well and found it much easier on the eyes. I suggest you give it a try.

One more bit of feedback:
The color selector does not select the currently applied color. (eg. If you have changed green light and red light to a different color(in that order), click on the green colored bar in the preferences menu, and click on "Define custom colors >>". The selected color will be the color you last edited, which is red, not the currently selected color.)

Edit:
Another bit of feedback: The custom colors do not seem to add properly. It seems to override the already existing custom colors. You also cannot select a slot for it to add to as that will reset the color to white(or whatever other color is in that slot of course).

Edit 2:
More feedback:
  1. Custom colors do not seem to save at all. I exited the application and reloaded it and all the custom colors were gone.
  2. Bug: After loading new sessions multiple times for testing, including loading while another was still playing, I managed to get the player stuck on a green light. Before that I also saw it play the last part of my custom ending right at the start of a session.(it started near the end of a countdown) Seems like there are some issues with resolving the current session when loading another.
  1. Yeah I know. Early on it was just red and green light, which was easy because it's the how the game works. Then "edge light" came and it sounds wrong in my ears, so I personally struggle between "light" and "phase" while developing. I'm not fully sure what I will use in the end. At the moment I tend to "phase".
  2. Fixed. This was a bug that appeared due to the fact that I made a wild workaround to show the ticks of the slider "correctly" :-)
  3. Fixed
  4. I am too so I changed it.
  5. Fixed
  6. Fixed
  7. Fixed and fixed it also on the loading dialog.
  8. Renaming the phases is easy and I will put it in the next major update. Renaming endings could be harder, because the name is the key for everything. That leads me to the thought: What happens if create a new ending with the name of an already existing one? I guess this leads to a lot of bugs at the moment...
  9. Fixed it, it was just a display bug. In the code the value was not changed.
  10. Thanks for the error message. You're not fully right. This occurs if the duration of the ending + 2 seconds offset is longer than the video, so you've basically experienced bug #2 I mentioned in my last post. If you can try to reproduce this, can you confirm that your ending is roughly 16 seconds longer than the video?
    I'm unsure how to handle this bug best. At the moment I tend to start the ending immediately and cut it at the end. Otherwise I could not choose the ending, but then I would not know if there is another ending that fits the video or what to do if there is no other ending available.
  11. I'll add that in the next major update.
  12. Made the volume icon and slider visible when not in a session. I can't reproduce the delay you experienced between hovering over the bottom and showing the volume. Maybe if you examine this further we'll find the error.
  13. Interesting idea. I like it. I'll add it in the next major update.
  14. Sure, it's already on the list under more detailed metronome settings.
Yeah, practical you could design a full tease to a video with just one long ending. In case I make it possible to add image slideshows this could be used to simulate a basic TeaseMe/GuideMe behavior.
Tried softer colors and I have to say that I prefer more intense colors.

I will make some research on the color dialog, but I have not much hope that I can do anything about that. From a first look this seems to be something inside the pre-made dialog. As a workaround: If you select all your custom colors without closing the dialog in between it sets them correctly at least until you close the application.

Regarding the bug: That's really weird. Could you try to reproduce it and give me a detailed instruction? It was also good if you could give me the ending that was part of the bug.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:01 pm [*]Thanks for the error message. You're not fully right. This occurs if the duration of the ending + 2 seconds offset is longer than the video, so you've basically experienced bug #2 I mentioned in my last post. If you can try to reproduce this, can you confirm that your ending is roughly 16 seconds longer than the video?
I'm unsure how to handle this bug best. At the moment I tend to start the ending immediately and cut it at the end. Otherwise I could not choose the ending, but then I would not know if there is another ending that fits the video or what to do if there is no other ending available.
The bug is 100% reproducible. The ending is 90s long. So it is 14s longer than the video.
In this case I would expect two things as a user:
  1. If I tried to load just a single play of a video that is too short I would expect the load to fail and give me a warning that the video is too short because it is shorter than a selected ending.(Triggers on the longest selected ending.)
  2. If I tried to load more than one video/loop that combined is longer than the longest selected ending I would expect the load to work and the ending to occur across multiple videos if needed.
I just did a bit of extra testing with multiple videos in a playlist and only the last video is the determining factor. So no matter how long the playlist is or how long the videos before the last video are, if the last video in the playlist is shorter than the ending the exception occurs.
[*]Made the volume icon and slider visible when not in a session. I can't reproduce the delay you experienced between hovering over the bottom and showing the volume. Maybe if you examine this further we'll find the error.
The delay I estimate to be around 0.1-0.2s and occasionally I can see the slider area flicker before loading in.
Are you loading the resources directly off the disk or are they stored in memory?
I have RLGL-Player on my HDD and not my SSD, so perhaps if you are loading from disk that is the cause?
Another possibility is an update delay. How many times per second does the program check for this mouse over?
I will make some research on the color dialog, but I have not much hope that I can do anything about that. From a first look this seems to be something inside the pre-made dialog. As a workaround: If you select all your custom colors without closing the dialog in between it sets them correctly at least until you close the application.
I'd say the primary problem to work on is the current color not being selected when you open the dialog. This is important because without this functionality it is impossible to adjust the current color.
Regarding the bug: That's really weird. Could you try to reproduce it and give me a detailed instruction? It was also good if you could give me the ending that was part of the bug.
I'll give it a shot, but I was testing for a long time before it happened so I cannot guarantee I'll be able to repeat it or give you reproducible results.
The ending I created is as follows:
Edge light - 30s - "Edge for me and hold it. Get ready to ruin for me boy."
Countdown - 20s - begin 10 - end 1 - step 2
Ruined Orgasm - 40s - "Ruin for me!"

Edit 1:
I've got part of the bug reproducible:
  1. Make sure the ending I gave you above is the only ending selected.
  2. Load a video
  3. Wait for the ending to start
  4. Load the same video again while the first video is still running, and before the countdown starts.
Result: The countdown will start playing during the new video.
It seems like the code that controls the ending sequence does not halt when a new video is loaded.

Edit 2:
Another part is now confirmed as reproducible. If you keep loading the same video over and over eventually the ending will start right away. It seems like whatever timer controls the start of the ending sequence does not reset when a new video is loaded.

Edit 3:
The final piece to the puzzle also reproducible:
  2. Load a video
  3. Wait for the ending to reach the Ruined Orgasm
  4. Load the same video again while the first video is still running.
Result: The light gets stuck on the starting green light.

Edit 4:
It is worth noting that if you let the bugged video finish completely and load the video again the light is no longer stuck.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.11.0)

Post by Augustulus »

Hey :wave:,

I'm sorry for being so long silent, but I had a lot of other things to do and not much time to work on this project.
3 bad news right away:
  1. I was still not able to add support for image-slideshows.
  2. The situation with longer endings than videos is also not fixed, but I added a warning and the ending will be started right afterwards, so it gets cut when the video ends.
  3. Renaming of phases on custom endings is also not done, yet
Triple Alfa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 pm The bug is 100% reproducible. The ending is 90s long. So it is 14s longer than the video.
  1. If I tried to load just a single play of a video that is too short I would expect the load to fail and give me a warning that the video is too short because it is shorter than a selected ending.(Triggers on the longest selected ending.)
  2. If I tried to load more than one video/loop that combined is longer than the longest selected ending I would expect the load to work and the ending to occur across multiple videos if needed.
I just did a bit of extra testing with multiple videos in a playlist and only the last video is the determining factor. So no matter how long the playlist is or how long the videos before the last video are, if the last video in the playlist is shorter than the ending the exception occurs.
Yeah, that's exactly what I would like to do also, but I can only get the length of a video once it is fully loaded by the player. There is the option to get media information before loading a video but it is definitely bugged because it returns 0 every time. Unfortunately that's a thing I can not change. The media player embedded is only a plug-in.
So, under this circumstances: Any suggestions?
Triple Alfa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 pm The delay I estimate to be around 0.1-0.2s and occasionally I can see the slider area flicker before loading in.
Are you loading the resources directly off the disk or are they stored in memory?
I have RLGL-Player on my HDD and not my SSD, so perhaps if you are loading from disk that is the cause?
Another possibility is an update delay. How many times per second does the program check for this mouse over?
I'm running on HDD also and don't have this loading issue. Both hovering and resource-management is set to the default values visual studio uses.
Triple Alfa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 pm Edit 1:
I've got part of the bug reproducible:
  2. Load a video
  3. Wait for the ending to start
  4. Load the same video again while the first video is still running, and before the countdown starts.
Result: The countdown will start playing during the new video.
It seems like the code that controls the ending sequence does not halt when a new video is loaded.
Thanks, that really got me on the right way. It's fixed now.

I've messed a bit around with the color dialog. It is the default windows one and I guess this is all I can do. Custom colors should now get saved. If you want to store a custom color on a special panel you have to select the panel first and apply the color afterwards. When you open the dialog it is set automatically to override the first custom color!

You can also now reset the colors to default ones by pressing the button.

There are now 3 different metronome settings. One that is used for green phases, one for edge phases and one exclusively for endings. The third one will override the other two while an ending is playing. Is this sufficient?

Countdowns can now be displayed as an edge phase.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:28 pm It would be nice to have Save and Load buttons on the playlist dialog, but I would suggest that the button currently marked "Load" should be named "Add" to better reflect what it does.

I've reworked the playlists a bit. They are now loaded and saved on the "Load"-dialog.
I've made a hard decision and disabled the option to save settings inside a playlist. I'm sorry for that but it didn't work out well. Playlists with settings can still be loaded, but the application will give a warning, that these will not used.

I guess that is all.

Augustulus
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Triple Alfa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 pm The bug is 100% reproducible. The ending is 90s long. So it is 14s longer than the video.
Just wanted to add that I have found a newer media player plug-in that seems to work as intended and I will get media information now before a video is played. I will migrate RLGL-Player in the next days. The first attempts look already promising.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:38 pm Hey :wave:,

I'm sorry for being so long silent, but I had a lot of other things to do and not much time to work on this project.
3 bad news right away:
  1. I was still not able to add support for image-slideshows.
  2. The situation with longer endings than videos is also not fixed, but I added a warning and the ending will be started right afterwards, so it gets cut when the video ends.
  3. Renaming of phases on custom endings is also not done, yet
Don't worry about it. It's just a hobby project, so other things obviously take priority.
There are now 3 different metronome settings. One that is used for green phases, one for edge phases and one exclusively for endings. The third one will override the other two while an ending is playing. Is this sufficient?
I can think of scenarios where you would want the green and/or edge metronomes to be used during an ending, so overwriting by default instead of making the ending metronome a selectable option during ending creation seems like a limiting factor.
For example: Stroke to edge, hold edge, get ready to cum, fake countdown to red light, normal stroking, normal edging, normal stroking, edge and hold, get ready to cum, real countdown, cum/ruin.
Augustulus wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21 am Just wanted to add that I have found a newer media player plug-in that seems to work as intended and I will get media information now before a video is played. I will migrate RLGL-Player in the next days. The first attempts look already promising.
This is great. I couldn't figure out a way to make things work without the media information, so I'm glad you found this solution.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.12.0)

Post by Augustulus »

So, I was working tirelessly today and here is already the new update :lol:.
Since there changed a lot in the background it is important to download also all the new *.dll-files. All old *.dll-files can be deleted!
Triple Alfa wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:44 pm I can think of scenarios where you would want the green and/or edge metronomes to be used during an ending, so overwriting by default instead of making the ending metronome a selectable option during ending creation seems like a limiting factor.
For example: Stroke to edge, hold edge, get ready to cum, fake countdown to red light, normal stroking, normal edging, normal stroking, edge and hold, get ready to cum, real countdown, cum/ruin.
Great I haven't thought about this and added it immediately. I also added the option to rename the custom phases in an ending.

From now on phases change independent from videos and endings will now start accordingly before the session will end regardless if there is a smaller video loaded afterwards or not. In case that all endings are longer than the session the ending that is shortest will be selected, a warning will appear and the ending will start immediately. As soon as the session is over the rest of the ending is skipped.
47dahc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:12 pm Awesome. See what you can do. I'm not a coder so I don't know how hard it is to do things but I can imagine. If it can't be done, it can't be done. No worries. If it can, great. Looking forward to the program's progression.

This update adds the ability to show images. You can create sessions with only images, only videos or both in them. There is now also an option to set the duration an image is showed. Please note, that you can't change the duration an image is shown while a session plays, because it is necessary to calculate the session duration before the current session starts. If you change the duration within a session, these changes will also affect the next session!

Currently supported image formats are: jpg/jpeg, png, bmp and webp
Tell me if you want other formats as well.

(I've noticed that starting a playlist with a lot of images/videos will take some time to initialize. At the moment there is no indication that the application is working, so please have patience the session will start!)
Edit: fixed this in version 0.12.1

Lastly you can now change if an ending phase should use the ending metronome settings or use the standard metronome. By default the ending metronome option is enabled.

I've changed the censor editor also to the new vlc-plug-in, but did not do any big testing, since it seems to be not much used and I have plans adding automatic censoring to it. If you experience any bugs now, please tell me.

@Triple Alfa: You've done such big help and suggestions, that I would like to add your username in the about dialog if you don't have a problem with this.

Augustulus
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:07 pm So, I was working tirelessly today and here is already the new update :lol:.
You certainly are committed.
Currently supported image formats are: jpg/jpeg, png, bmp and webp
Tell me if you want other formats as well.
The only common one that is missing is .gif. Though I'm not sure if you intend to support animated images.(This would be very cool) If you do, keep in mind that other animated formats exist such as animated .png and .webp files.
I've changed the censor editor also to the new vlc-plug-in, but did not do any big testing, since it seems to be not much used and I have plans adding automatic censoring to it. If you experience any bugs now, please tell me.
I did some quick testing when I first tried the program. I couldn't really figure out how to get the desired result and had a bunch of crashes so I gave up on it. Maybe once I test all the other new stuff I can give it another look.
@Triple Alfa: You've done such big help and suggestions, that I would like to add your username in the about dialog if you don't have a problem with this.

Augustulus
I'd be honored.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.12.1)

Post by Triple Alfa »

New version new testing.

1. With the bottom border set to less than 100% the volume icon and slider are too large and overlap the video.
  2. With censoring disabled I still get black bars over the video from time to time.
    There is also more going on as when the bars disappear RLGL-Player gets forced to the background(my browser appeared in front of it). This seems to happen only with the custom censors I made for testing. Other videos show just a random black bar near the bottom center of the video and do not get forced to the background. It also seems like the censor is only present during the first phase of the game.(This is not true when displaying images. It is visible on almost all images.)
  3. Bug: Ending Settings - Chance distribution does not function properly when decreasing.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Enable two endings
    2. Drag ending #1 to 100%
    3. Drag ending #1 back down to 0%
    Result: Ending #2 is at 98%.
    Expected result: Ending #2 is at 100%.

Related bug: Total chance of two endings can be set to more than 100%.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Enable three endings
    2. Set ending #1 to 100%
    3. Disable ending #1
    Result: Ending #2 is set to 100% and ending #3 is set to 98%. Total chance is 198%.
    Expected result: Ending #2 and ending #3 are both set to 50%.
Suggestions:
  • Since you've now added support for images let me suggest that you add the ability to set a custom display time for an image that overrides the default setting. This would be especially useful when lining them up with an ending.
  • Allow playlists to have an optional "Ending Playlist" that displays during the ending. This way players can have a randomly shuffled playlist and still have appropriate videos/images for their ending.

If you want to go above and beyond you could even add separate ending playlists for cum, ruin, and deny and have endings specify what playlist to draw from. That way players could even have randomized endings all with appropriate imagery.
  • A restart button that restarts the current playlist.
  • Save current playlist button that saves the currently playing or currently finished playlist.(Currently you have to decide whether a playlist is worth saving before you play it.)
Edit 1:
Bug: After doing some editing in the censor editor I saved the edit successfully and closed the editor. After that RLGL-Player froze and then crashed.

Edit 2:
Bugs
  • After loading a video in the censor editor the existing Censorbar did not show up in the list.
  • After deleting a Censorbar the dot corresponding to that Censorbar is not deleted until the video starts playing.
  • Crash when attempting to edit keyframe.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Select an existing keyframe.
    2. Repeatedly click with your mouse on the video.
Feedback
  • There is no preview of what the censoring will look like. This makes setting up the censors a very time consuming trial and error affair.
  • There is no way to delete individual keyframes.
  • There is no warning when deleting a Censorbar. Given that it can take a long time to setup with long videos and can be confused with the deletion of a keyframe this seems problematic.
  • It would also be nice to add an undo function to allow people to experiment more.
  • The video cannot be scrolled through while it is paused. This makes it much harder to get to the right frame than necessary.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:37 pm The only common one that is missing is .gif. Though I'm not sure if you intend to support animated images.(This would be very cool) If you do, keep in mind that other animated formats exist such as animated .png and .webp files.
Great idea. I guess from the plug-in it should be no problem. I'll have to see how such animations are executed.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:37 pm I did some quick testing when I first tried the program. I couldn't really figure out how to get the desired result and had a bunch of crashes so I gave up on it. Maybe once I test all the other new stuff I can give it another look.
It was a nice idea in the beginning, but due to less feedback I've received I did not touch it for a long time.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Augustulus
I'd be honored.
Great :-D
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm New version new testing.

1. With the bottom border set to less than 100% the volume icon and slider are too large and overlap the video.
  2. With censoring disabled I still get black bars over the video from time to time.
    There is also more going on as when the bars disappear RLGL-Player gets forced to the background(my browser appeared in front of it). This seems to happen only with the custom censors I made for testing. Other videos show just a random black bar near the bottom center of the video and do not get forced to the background. It also seems like the censor is only present during the first phase of the game.(This is not true when displaying images. It is visible on almost all images.)
  3. Bug: Ending Settings - Chance distribution does not function properly when decreasing.
  1. Yeah, I know of this and ignored it, because of the f**** control not scaling properly. I'll see if I find something for it, but I give it no high priority.
  2. Not at all good! Since the old plug-in did not allow any drawing over the video (the video was still drawn on top of every user-interaction. Was a known unable to fix bug) I decided to "fake" the censorbars as actual windows over the main window. This new plug-in seems to pop up in front of them at least when something new is loaded. I thought I have fixed that, but I only tested it with images :whistle: .
  3. Thanks I'll look into them.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm Suggestions:
  • Since you've now added support for images let me suggest that you add the ability to set a custom display time for an image that overrides the default setting. This would be especially useful when lining them up with an ending.
  • Allow playlists to have an optional "Ending Playlist" that displays during the ending. This way players can have a randomly shuffled playlist and still have appropriate videos/images for their ending.

If you want to go above and beyond you could even add separate ending playlists for cum, ruin, and deny and have endings specify what playlist to draw from. That way players could even have randomized endings all with appropriate imagery.
  • A restart button that restarts the current playlist.
  • Save current playlist button that saves the currently playing or currently finished playlist.(Currently you have to decide whether a playlist is worth saving before you play it.)
  1. Interesting idea, but I'm not fully sure how to achieve this in a smart way at the moment. A database could achieve this, but than again what happens if an image is moved :unsure:
  2. That comes definitely on my list! Great idea!
  3. Sure
  4. I'll enable the button again
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm Edit 1:
Bug: After doing some editing in the censor editor I saved the edit successfully and closed the editor. After that RLGL-Player froze and then crashed.

Edit 2:
Bugs
  • After loading a video in the censor editor the existing Censorbar did not show up in the list.
  • After deleting a Censorbar the dot corresponding to that Censorbar is not deleted until the video starts playing.
  • Crash when attempting to edit keyframe.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Select an existing keyframe.
    2. Repeatedly click with your mouse on the video.
Thanks, I remember some of them others are knew to me.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm Feedback
  • There is no preview of what the censoring will look like. This makes setting up the censors a very time consuming trial and error affair.
  • There is no way to delete individual keyframes.
  • There is no warning when deleting a Censorbar. Given that it can take a long time to setup with long videos and can be confused with the deletion of a keyframe this seems problematic.
  • It would also be nice to add an undo function to allow people to experiment more.
  • The video cannot be scrolled through while it is paused. This makes it much harder to get to the right frame than necessary.
  1. Yeah, I've noticed that right from the beginning, but as I finished that part it was still really easy to start a video and see the results.
  2. Uh, I thought there was. Should definitely have one.
  3. I'll see what I can get there
  4. Yeah, the initial plan was to have the video fully paused and let the user jump to a spot with the slider, but unfortunately the vlc player crashed each time showing only black. I went with this compromise. I've already noticed that the video starts to have artifacts when you stop frequently so I'm unsure if the new plug-in can make it. We'll see...
Thanks again for all the testing,

Augustulus
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:19 pm
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm Suggestions:
  1. Interesting idea, but I'm not fully sure how to achieve this in a smart way at the moment. A database could achieve this, but than again what happens if an image is moved :unsure:
To me that seems like an independent issue. Currently if you have a playlist saved and try to run it after a file is moved you get a black screen.(Tested with a small set of images) So saving an extra value for display time isn't going to change that for better or worse.

I don't have that much experience with saving data, but I think you can just tag it at the end of the filename and parse the code on load.
Example:

Code: Select all

image.jpeg&t=12
Not sure how quick that is compared to other methods however.