EOS Teases offline viewer

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

EOS Teases offline viewer

Post by Thamrill »

Greetings everyone, I've come to announce that my offline teaseviewer application is getting at very good development stage.

I know this comes out of nowhere, but I took my time before doing this announcement as I wanted a quasi complete version before giving anyone false hopes.

During the last months I've worked to a java application that allows playing teases offline; so far only pure eos teases are being supported, in the future I plan to also include classic and ex-flash teases.

I had to face a lot of problems I never faced before in developing this software and there is still lot to implement and improve, but for quite simple teases the application seems to be working correctly. I'm not going to release an alpha version until I'm quite satisfied with the program.

Once finished, I will be releasing also the source code.

What's done:
  • general application framework
  • tease downloader
  • image management
  • audio management
  • notification manager
  • base scripting functions
What's to be done:
  • implementation of teaseStorage API
  • variable page target
  • eval in text
  • verification that all APIs are correctly implemented
  • implementation of emojis
  • quality-of-life upgrades:
    1. improving general application graphics
    2. implementing save state mechanism
And the two most difficult things to do:
  • create icons for many different buttons in the application
  • find a name for the application :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can see in the picture the program running with "One night edge" by MW (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=46800). I used such tease as my benchmark as it has most of the actions but it is relatively simple.

The background color is computed considering the colors of the 2 outermost pixels of the images (basically it considers the most common color in a 2 wide strip all around the image).

The program supports html formatted text

A preview of the buttons

A preview of timer

It supports fullscreen

At the end of the tease, it opens some links to visit Milovana pages associated with the tease

As a sidenote, after completing the Eos implementation I will probably work on a tease writer and afterwards I will implement also Nyx actions.

PS: I tried to keep an EOS look in the program as the teases are written for being played in such style, if there is any problem with that, I can change the graphical implementation of components.
Last edited by Thamrill on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ostermanblue2
Explorer
Explorer

Re: EOS Teases offline viewer

Post by ostermanblue2 »

Kudos! What a brilliant project.

Question from someone who uses lots of estim teases: does this handle audio the same way EOS does?
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

ostermanblue2 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:39 am Kudos! What a brilliant project.

Question from someone who uses lots of estim teases: does this handle audio the same way EOS does?
Thank you! I think it does, I mean I don't have access to Eos source code, but the application implements all the functions for sound: play, stop, pause, volume, skip etc, so I think it should work correctly. Once I release the alpha version someone could test this to verify it (I don't have an estim)

BamaSwitch
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by BamaSwitch »

I'd gladly test it! LOL :w00t:
HomerJayS
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HomerJayS »

That looks awesome! I hope, we can try it soon!
I don't know if you did implement that, but something like a 'debug' mode to be able to skip unreasonably long timers etc. would be nice!
Are the teases stored in normal folders or somewhere inside the donloader/player?

Again, I'm looking forward to trying your app und thanks for your work! :)
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

HomerJayS wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:21 pm That looks awesome! I hope, we can try it soon!
I don't know if you did implement that, but something like a 'debug' mode to be able to skip unreasonably long timers etc. would be nice!
Are the teases stored in normal folders or somewhere inside the donloader/player?

Again, I'm looking forward to trying your app und thanks for your work! :)
The debug feature you mentioned is not in the list of things I plan to implement, as of now, however it shouldn't be very difficult to implement in a future version. Maybe as part of the Eos editor I plan to develop, as that is a feature of the current online Eos editor.

Each tease is saved as a single file on the pc, the tease folder can be chosen by the user. All teases get saved there and it's the default folder open when you browse the folders to open a new tease. There is an option to download teases in subfolders with the name of the author, so that all the teases of the same author stay collected neatly.

vanCoochee
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by vanCoochee »

:-D First a downloader, now this 8-)

Can i get the source?
                           Playgrounds
                 ༺ NNN 2023 "Island"Decks of DenialIt's time to duel
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

vanCoochee wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:08 pm :-D First a downloader, now this 8-)

Can i get the source?
Source code will be released along with the alpha version, once I'm satisfied with how the software works