Sex Mage Comics!

Great writing can be the sexiest thing in the world. Give it a shot and describe the most erotic experiences - real or imaginary - right here.
Salamando
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Sex Mage Comics!

Post by Salamando »

A certain two-tailed fox introduced me to the wonders of 3D poser studios, particularly the programs Honey Select and Koikatsu, which come with a lot of customizable pre-made assets. While I like the more realistic look of HS better, Koi is definitely the more robust program with a lot more options for sets and costuming. Either way, as I've stumbled my way around learning the programs, I've managed to make some captions, but more importantly, some comics!

Three made so far, from first to most recent: Out In The Woods, The Boy In The Park, and Loopholes. You can find them listed here:

https://sexmagesandotherstrangeness.blo ... abel/Comic

As mentioned in the posts, the comics are in CBZ format, meaning you'll either need a comic file viewer or you can unzip the file to view the images from a folder.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Drool
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: Sex Mage Comics!

Post by Drool »

Great work! :w00t: Apart from great writing and story I like your care for detail in posing, gesture and facial expression. It's hard to tell which style looks better, the more mangaesque or the more realistc one. I for my part like both. My favourite story was the one with the traitor. Damned snitch. :lol:
(PS: I secretly hope that the boys of this universe will start a revolution some day :unsure: )
Salamando
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Salamando »

Thanks a lot! Glad you like the poses, that's the most time consuming aspect, and sometimes you gotta compromise with what you want versus what you can do. But I try not to have any blatantly repeating shots. (Funny enough, I didn't even realize how much you could adjust character poses in HS when I made that first comic, so I was really limiting myself at the time.)

Yeah, I think Loopholes is the most fun; there's more story and character relationships going on there.

I'd like to do more with HS, but I'll probably just end up using Koi more often, unless HS gets a significant upgrade.

(Revolutions in Sex Mage Worlds tend not to go well, so we don't talk about them much. :unsure: )
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Post by elvisomar »

So far, I've only read Loopholes, but I was very aroused and definitely impressed. Thanks very much for sharing them with us. I look forward to reading the others, and I will be keeping an eye on your blog for more.

My only real critique is that I found it a little difficult at the outset to deduce which word balloon went with which character. Once I'd figured out that each character has their word balloons in a specific color, I began to figure it out, but I wasn't really sure I'd gotten it right until more than halfway through the story. You might consider adding dramatis personae as a single page after the title page with pictures and names of the main characters, and some means to show which color box goes with whom (for recurring characters in serialized stories, you would have an opportunity to add a one- or two-sentence recap of that character's arc).

[I hope you take this as I intend, which is as well-meaning and supportive feedback.]
Drool
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by Drool »

So far I have only played with 'Poser' which gives you a lot of liberty from posing single parts of the fingers and face details to complex lighting and textures. Disadvantage: lots of things you have to take care of. :lol: I have to try the programs you have used some time.
Salamando
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Salamando »

elvisomar wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:30 am So far, I've only read Loopholes, but I was very aroused and definitely impressed. Thanks very much for sharing them with us. I look forward to reading the others, and I will be keeping an eye on your blog for more.

My only real critique is that I found it a little difficult at the outset to deduce which word balloon went with which character. Once I'd figured out that each character has their word balloons in a specific color, I began to figure it out, but I wasn't really sure I'd gotten it right until more than halfway through the story. You might consider adding dramatis personae as a single page after the title page with pictures and names of the main characters, and some means to show which color box goes with whom (for recurring characters in serialized stories, you would have an opportunity to add a one- or two-sentence recap of that character's arc).

[I hope you take this as I intend, which is as well-meaning and supportive feedback.]
Thanks alot!

You know what, I intended to do that originally, and I totally forgot to do so. But yeah, I found trying to make "normal" word balloons a real pain in the ass with these, and I opted to go for the colored box lay-out, which I kind of like the style of now that I've used it. But you're right, especially with multiple characters starting in one scene, I should designate who is who.

I did want one character's appearance to be a surprise, but even so, if not a character page, then giving each character a label on their first appearance could work, too.

EDIT: Added a character page/intro.
Drool wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:22 am So far I have only played with 'Poser' which gives you a lot of liberty from posing single parts of the fingers and face details to complex lighting and textures. Disadvantage: lots of things you have to take care of. :lol: I have to try the programs you have used some time.
Yeah, there's other more thorough poser programs, but those have always looked off to me, or at least, the amount of work that goes into making them look good is more than I care to spend, plus would probably strain my comp even more. I admit using Koi and HS is a cheapskate way to do it, but lots of people use them for things like making their own Visual Novels and whatnot, and there's a certain level of "I just want to be able to produce this story as efficiently as possible", not spend weeks customizing every aspect. Even if it limits my options overall, I don't mind using the pre-made assets to just get the idea of the story across. And hey, sometimes, I find that "art through restriction" more helpful than not. :fun: