Damn Spammers

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
submale01
Explorer
Explorer

Damn Spammers

Post by submale01 »

Is there anything us genuine users and lovers of this site can do to help get rid of the spam.

I suppose a machine gun is out of the question.

:w00t:
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

In fact your post is spam too :-P Ok it's annoying for you and i understand that. But think about i am the one who have to delete the posts every day.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Speaking of which: Did it stop yet, or are you just doing a great job at deleting it, dark?
blue_down_under
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by blue_down_under »

Just incase you didnt realise, the firewall thread is spam, notice the links embedded in the comma and smiley at the end.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Didn't notice that. Thanks. Has been removed.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

seraph0x wrote:Speaking of which: Did it stop yet, or are you just doing a great job at deleting it, dark?
I don't know if i was the only one, but yeah i deleted a looooot of links ;-) I hope this will stop now :-)
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

Please to enlarge penis... click here...

No no, just kidding... don't ban me!

Do we have any form of verification when someone signs up... like entering those random letters from a small image like some sites use for human verification? Do you have that activated or even have that option?
N0-Play
Explorer
Explorer

Post by N0-Play »

As it stands guests can post so you do not have to be a member. maybe it's time to change this so the spammers find it harder... but they will still get through :unsure:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

bondageslave36 wrote:Do we have any form of verification when someone signs up... like entering those random letters from a small image like some sites use for human verification? Do you have that activated or even have that option?
Yes, right now we are using the standard PHPBB captcha. Unfortunately, this captcha is known to be broken, i.e. there are bots that can solve it. That's why I added our own little twist to it after the recent SPAM attacks. This seems to be enough to hold them off.

I also wrote a completely new and much harder to solve captcha, but there's two problems with that: The PHP version Milovana is running under doesn't completely support it yet. And it isn't always solvable by humans, which sucks. So I'll keep the old one for now. ;-)
N0-Play wrote:As it stands guests can post so you do not have to be a member. maybe it's time to change this so the spammers find it harder... but they will still get through :unsure:
Well, the spammers who were here recently all took the time to register anyway. I'd say right now guest spamming isn't a problem. :-)