Improvments for the GUI of Tease Ai Java

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

What would you like to change in a future GUI update of Tease AI Java?

saving full-screen mode
9%
seperating the chat and picture window from the main application
16%
adding different chat window styles
3%
customizable GUI (colors)
5%
customizable GUI (re-docking windows)
9%
adding new features inside the GUI (e.g.: in Tease AI: the different sidebar options)
19%
new menu design (changing of the personality and settings menus)
16%
new overall design (changing of the content inside the main window)
19%
other
5%

Total votes: 58

classicalquestion
Explorer
Explorer

Improvments for the GUI of Tease Ai Java

Post by classicalquestion »

Hi everyone,

it would be awesome if you could take a moment to participate in this short pole.
You have up to three votes.
If I missed something you would like to see, please write it down in the answer section below and I will add it to the poll asap.
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Re: Improvments for the GUI of Tease Ai Java

Post by elvisomar »

I chose "other" because I would like to see Mac OS compatibility.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Post by ski23 »

elvisomar wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 am I chose "other" because I would like to see Mac OS compatibility.
It should work the same way on mac as it does on Windows. If you are having problems on Mac I’d love to hear about them so I can get them addressed.
aiastes
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by aiastes »

I'm still using the old TeaseAI, partly because Miss Blue isn't ported yet, but also because the UI is too bare bones. Little things, like I know you can set the Domme portrait on the main screen, but I only know this because you can in the old one. There's no indication in the Java version that this is possible. The main screen is a slab of gray (by default) with a couple default Java elements plopped on it and nothing really defined or sectioned off.

It's nice that you can change the colours around, but the app currently doesn't account for pretty much any combination. I changed the background to purple, which made the buttons completely unreadable. So I changed the buttons to a different colour, but I can only really pick light colours because the font is black and there doesn't seem to be a way to change this. Speaking of: 'Lazy Sub' / 'Dynamic Answers' are also black, so any background you choose turns these invisible as well. You can save themes though, and that's super neat!

Understandably things need to be prioritized. Personalities and base functionality is more important than looking pretty. But I'm definitely all for improving the GUI. Weirdly, I actually like the the base look of the old app.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as complaining. I like what everyone is doing, and the whole thing with improving on TeaseAI is really exciting. I'd love to contribute somehow.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

aiastes wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:45 pm I'm still using the old TeaseAI, partly because Miss Blue isn't ported yet, but also because the UI is too bare bones. Little things, like I know you can set the Domme portrait on the main screen, but I only know this because you can in the old one. There's no indication in the Java version that this is possible. The main screen is a slab of gray (by default) with a couple default Java elements plopped on it and nothing really defined or sectioned off.

It's nice that you can change the colours around, but the app currently doesn't account for pretty much any combination. I changed the background to purple, which made the buttons completely unreadable. So I changed the buttons to a different colour, but I can only really pick light colours because the font is black and there doesn't seem to be a way to change this. Speaking of: 'Lazy Sub' / 'Dynamic Answers' are also black, so any background you choose turns these invisible as well. You can save themes though, and that's super neat!

Understandably things need to be prioritized. Personalities and base functionality is more important than looking pretty. But I'm definitely all for improving the GUI. Weirdly, I actually like the the base look of the old app.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as complaining. I like what everyone is doing, and the whole thing with improving on TeaseAI is really exciting. I'd love to contribute somehow.
You have some good points. I'll make sure to keep these things in mind.
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by elvisomar »

ski23 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:33 pm
elvisomar wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 am I chose "other" because I would like to see Mac OS compatibility.
It should work the same way on mac as it does on Windows. If you are having problems on Mac I’d love to hear about them so I can get them addressed.
Oh, is this about the browser interface which is replacing the old Flash tease? I guess I thought this poll was about the Windows app that 1885 had been responsible for getting started.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

elvisomar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 am
Oh, is this about the browser interface which is replacing the old Flash tease? I guess I thought this poll was about the Windows app that 1885 had been responsible for getting started.
Neither. This is the new generation of the program 1885 created. Its simililar to TAI in some ways but less buggy and accessible on mac.
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by elvisomar »

ski23 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 am

Neither. This is the new generation of the program 1885 created. Its simililar to TAI in some ways but less buggy and accessible on mac.
Okay then! I’m just learning about this now. Excellent, thanks!
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

elvisomar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:16 pm
ski23 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 am

Okay then! I’m just learning about this now. Excellent, thanks!
You can see the original thread for Tease AI Java and download in the "Tease AI Java" link in my signature.
lotar232
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lotar232 »

I also went for "other" being improved stability/reduce memory utilization.

some of this I think is UI related... on my older windows system if I leave TAJ open for long periods of time I sometimes "lose graphics" in the window and need to restart.... I also see typical memory allocations of ~2GB which is pretty huge. (ok so maybe this isn't exactly UI, but its UI impacting)