Online Virtual Mistress

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
b912va
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Online Virtual Mistress

Post by b912va »

F4b1an wrote:Well..
looks like this wont "work", but good that you bumped it.
And thanks to sera that i can finally register/log in :w00t:

So, im working in 3-shift for the next 3 1/2 weeks - after that i could watch if i could make something like this.
Of course this needs a long time to develop, but if i start it, i would at least give feedback whats working from time to time.
After this 3-shift stuff i have nothing to do for about 1 month, so i guess i could do something out of it.

We´ll see - ill probably make a new thread for this then.
You should open source it from the start (or at least early on) if you actually do something like this. Having other devs to help out would be nice, and it would be a means to keep the project alive if you happen to lose interest. That seems to be what happened here. Stratox either lost interest or just didn't have the time to continue working on it. If this project was open source, someone else could have picked it up and kept it going.
uk_cuck
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by uk_cuck »

Wish Kenneth would bring cm back, I know there are alternatives out there but nothing has come close to cm unfortunately, I wrote a few scripts for it and loved the versatility of it.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kenneth »

uk_cuck wrote:Wish Kenneth would bring cm back, I know there are alternatives out there but nothing has come close to cm unfortunately, I wrote a few scripts for it and loved the versatility of it.
Thanks, glad to hear, I take it as a compliment. When I stopped the project, I said I hoped CM would become the new standard. For some reason, basic as the program was, it seems like no one managed to do it so far, which is kind of disappointing in general.

CM will not come back, I don't even have the source code anymore. I'm keen to give advice though. I think a proper project nowadays would be:

1) fully open source, in common technologies and without too much dependencies.
Ideally, I'd think PHP, MySQL, combined with HTML5 / jQuery. Web technology means it's not limited to Windows, or a phone, or a Mac, or a Linux, or ...

2) the application should be able to run in two ways: on a server, and on a PC. The last part could easily be accomplished by using something as XAMPP, where a person just runs a basic webserver on his own PC. This would allow for a very private version for those who prefer that, or even a community (where one could recycle my older idea of "Slave Competitions").

3) more interactive. There should be an (optional) way for things to change certain aspects. An API would allow third parties to influence your virtual Mistress. A very simple example would be the numerous times people ask how long they should be locked up on a forum. Other members usually just reply, but what if they could directly influence this virtual Mistress by simply clicking a link or something. Or what if you failed a Milovana tease, and it's reported back to your virtual Mistress? "Oh you naughty boy. I heard you came while surfing Milovana.com. You're so going to be punished for that!"

It should be able to influence scores, permissions, punishments, confessions, mood,... Think very broadly. It could just hand you a punishment which is included in your virtual Mistress's configuration, or maybe add a new one, etc.

4) geolocation (GPS). Again, optional. This would allow for automatically detecting whether you're "home", "at work", at another predefined location or "out". Think of the implications. Suddenly, you could have a notification: "Oh, what would your coworkers think of you if they knew you are wearing a butt plug?"

5) make the syntax as it was in CM: extremely basic for beginners, yet with quite advanced capabilities for advanced users (variables and it also included filters, the latest versions even included nested conditions (e.g.: "buttplug AND vibrator" OR "vibrating butt plug"). Also, add some wizards and decent documentation.

6) Since the source would be so public, it would be very important to set on the basic set of features, and just make some things modular instead. Examples of optional things would be stuff related to capturing from a webcam, posting things to websites automatically, perhaps teledildonics (OhMiBod seems to be extremely popular nowadays)...

7) Would need to be standardized (also when it comes to spelling, think buttplug vs butt plug): lists of interests (fetishes), limits, toys, places ... Although additional lists could be an option too.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
uk_cuck
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by uk_cuck »

I agree with what you say, just wish I had the knowhow to do it! Don't get me wrong their are others which are ok but seems much more about running a particular script as opposed to a software to dominate, confess, etc
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

There are quite a few people who do. A team would need to be accomplished, and preferably at least one person should be able to offer some resources to set up the website - which would consist of a community forum, offer the open source code (although you could also post that on GitHub or SourceForge or something, but it often scares users away), and of course: a running example of the actual virtual Mistress platform for those who want to experiment, or want more interaction, or don't want a private/local copy or don't know how to set it up.

Also, things should be planned more, rather than randomly starting with stuff. The team should come up with the [basic] file format, the syntax, the features, the API, the database scheme...

Some more random thoughts: if you "expose" your Mistress to outsiders, you should be able to at least protect it. I'm thinking by adding a basic username / password or something. Maybe IP-based, but that's more difficult and less useful in lots of situations (most people here have dynamic IPs). Perhaps further restrictions could be set as well, e.g.: only report bad behavior to the Mistress, but not handing out [new] punishments. The API should not only allow other people to "post" things to your Mistress, but also to get information: obtain toys, privacy settings [these should also limit what information can be retrieved!], general settings ...
---

The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

I'd actually be quite interested to go along if some people stepped up. I'd mostly take an advising role, maybe do some programming of my own if it's PHP/MySQL and HTML5/JSON-based. Common technologies, multiple platforms, and it would allow quite some abilities.

Only if it's open source though. The reason I never shared the CyberMistress code, was that it was already fairly developed when other people expressed some interest in the program. By then, it had become too much of a personal project (and looking back, the code could be improved upon a lot). I wouldn't want that anymore.
---

Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

I will sound like a jerk here, but, Kenneth, I wouldn't recommend ANYONE to cooperate with a man who has a history of freaking out because of some forum comments and bringing down not only his development, but the tremendous heap of work the community put into it, all the community-developed scripts, all of it. Just because some jerk trolled you on your forum and made you cry.

SO now you step in and play an honorable and experienced developer again, that got too emotionally invested in his project - boo-hoo - it makes me SICK.
And thread starter - don't ever have any busyness with this guy, because he will freak out, there will be drama where he will try to pose as a victim of a cruel world, and you don't want any of it, trust me. Even now EVERYWHERE he goes he plays a poor sad drama-queen card, regreating the old days wwhere he developed this cool thing called Cyber-mistress. Just look at his signature for gods sake! :-/
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Nezhul, I'm not looking for a discussion about the past.

If you can point out the flaw in having a new, open source project - then feel free to give comments on that. Or do you really prefer all the attempts, some more successful than the other, to create something similar, also mostly in closed environments, also most of them buried already?

I'm still waiting for any constructive contribution from you, rather than whining about my decision to stop the development and distribution of something I created. And since you're referring to the signature: look at it. It's been 5 years. You're still whining about something that happened years ago? Let it go, dude; and do something positive instead. Or you'll end up a lot sicker than you apparently are. I'd say, take the advice in your own signature to heart: don't be obsessed, give it a rest.

Now, can we get on topic again? Or is that too much to ask?
---

Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I'm not pointing a flaw in having any project running. I'm just pointing a flaw for anyone else to have YOU on their team, so people avoid a grave mistake.

As for contribution, I'm doing what I want, and I'm doing enough, for this site at least. Some guys are still more active than me, but that's totally fine.

Speaking of which, the only contribution I see from you is that you pop out once in a while and say something with a smart face, wrapped in the atmosphere of calm coolness and professionalism, always mentioning your Cyber-Mistress when you can. Talk about a man who can't let go 5 years past. FYI, I don't bother about you when you are not discussing the project you killed with an atmosphere of some high righteous, that makes me sick. Man, you just can't stop bringing it up, that shows that all you are after is pity and awe at how much of a "broken professional" you are. And I just like to call things by their names, which is: drama queen.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Whether you like it or not, I just replied to someone who was explicitly wishing something involving me/my past project.

So, now we can get back on topic? Because your need to make a fuzz about any post even remotely related to my dead project - (and if I follow your logic, the main flaw I've done with it, is to make it public because in your ideal world that means I'd give up the rights on something I invested time in), is getting kind of annoying and honestly it's also very disturbing to see you're still so mad about it while it has absolutely nothing to do with you at all. I'm not looking for pity at all, nor am I looking for opinions on what I should have done. I'm here to share ideas, and to give advice to those who are interested.

Can we, for the sake of everyone who reads this post and to avoid having your war against me causing another thread to be locked, just agree to continue talking about the subject of an online virtual Mistress concept - which seemed to have been in development by stratox but with no news so far?
---

Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

and if I follow your logic, the main flaw I've done with it, is to make it public because in your ideal world that means I'd give up the rights on something I invested time in
And that is exactly why I urge anyone to avoid having anything to do with you. You think only of your investment and return. You are too selfish, and to pursue that selfishness you were ready to shit on the heads of hundreds of people who loved and respected you and your project, just to make some arbitrary point to a few jerks.
Any project you are included in, risk to face the same kind of drama. "I invested in it so I do wahtever I want, and I want to trash it" thing.
And the worst part, you even can't understand how wrong and messed up your logic is. That's your right. You may be messed in the head however you want and invent any kind of justification for your actions. But I think that people like you should be avoided at all costs, that's why I give a free advice, and it's other guys choice to follow it or to mess with you.

Ok, seeing as you like to be back on topic, I'll go away now. Not turning this one into another "Kenneth" thread which we had here before already. :-/