Adding metronome to flash tease

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Adding metronome to flash tease

Post by slaveashish »

Hi,

What program would you guys recommend to create and add metronome mp3s to a flash tease? I remember reading here that you have to make the mp3s as small as possible to ensure smooth loading.

Are there some other stuff I need to keep in mind while adding an mp3 file to the page?

Thanks!
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Adding metronome to flash tease

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

You should not edit your tease with the visual editor in nyx after you have sound commands. If you do so it deletes the sound lines from the script for some reason. So if you have to fix a bug or something after publishing just make sure you do so directly into the script in nyx.

If you like using the visual editor just make sure you wait till you finish the tease to add your sounds all at once into the script. I recommend using philos offline editor to make the flash tease. http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10941 It is a visual editor and will generate a nyx script you can paste inside of nyx when your finished. No worries about a glitch or anything causing you to lose data.

At the very least you should make your tease in a word processor program on your computer during the creative process. Using nyx during the creative process and adding a bunch of pages into nyx directly is risky.

Some people who have problems doing flash can always make an unpublished classic version of the tease and share it privately with someone who can then generate a nyx script for them to simply paste into a nyx flash tease.

This is an example of a working sound file page so you can get the idea.

14#page('
<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFF00" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">SLOW DOWN!</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
',pic("hotchic.jpg"),delay(12sec,15#,style:secret),hidden:sound(id:'60bpm.mp3'));

All sound files in flash teases are available. If you want any I would be happy to give them to you. You could also get the TeasMe program http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6993 and download any tease on the site and have any of their sound files.

Metronome files are usually quite small mp3's. 30 second files are typically under 500kb which will load fine. I have a few in my teases that are 2+ mb and they seem to work most of the time.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

Sexytimes 5 wrote:You should not edit your tease with the visual editor in nyx after you have sound commands. If you do so it deletes the sound lines from the script for some reason. So if you have to fix a bug or something after publishing just make sure you do so directly into the script in nyx.

If you like using the visual editor just make sure you wait till you finish the tease to add your sounds all at once into the script. I recommend using philos offline editor to make the flash tease. http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10941 It is a visual editor and will generate a nyx script you can paste inside of nyx when your finished. No worries about a glitch or anything causing you to lose data.

At the very least you should make your tease in a word processor program on your computer during the creative process. Using nyx during the creative process and adding a bunch of pages into nyx directly is risky.

Some people who have problems doing flash can always make an unpublished classic version of the tease and share it privately with someone who can then generate a nyx script for them to simply paste into a nyx flash tease.

This is an example of a working sound file page so you can get the idea.

14#page('
<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFF00" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">SLOW DOWN!</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
',pic("hotchic.jpg"),delay(12sec,15#,style:secret),hidden:sound(id:'60bpm.mp3'));

All sound files in flash teases are available. If you want any I would be happy to give them to you. You could also get the TeasMe program http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6993 and download any tease on the site and have any of their sound files.

Metronome files are usually quite small mp3's. 30 second files are typically under 500kb which will load fine. I have a few in my teases that are 2+ mb and they seem to work most of the time.
Thanks for the tips. I think I got all your points. I will get back to you if I have any more doubts
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I recommend to make sound quality as low as possible, aiming for file size as low as possible. Reason being it's loaded fully when the page with it loads. Big size will result in a delay before it starts playing.

Also if you have a 30 second long page, your sound file should be at least 30 sec. Because loop doesn't work.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

Nezhul wrote:I recommend to make sound quality as low as possible, aiming for file size as low as possible. Reason being it's loaded fully when the page with it loads. Big size will result in a delay before it starts playing.

Also if you have a 30 second long page, your sound file should be at least 30 sec. Because loop doesn't work.
Thanks. The sound files I have currently (took it from one of sexytime5 tease) are around ~500kb. Is that low enough. If not, how can I reduce the file size or get one with a lower size?
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

Another thing you can do to reduce file size is make the page timers shorter so you could have shorter mp3's. It does seem to keep some peoples interest a little better with shorter timers in some situations. (I have some nerve with all those long timers I have used :-) )

I could easily make you some 15 second versions of those mp3 files if you want but it might be better if you make some lower quality versions at http://media.io/ I think Nezhul is right. Metronome files can be low quality since all they do is tick! :lol:
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

Sexytimes 5 wrote:Another thing you can do to reduce file size is make the page timers shorter so you could have shorter mp3's. It does seem to keep some peoples interest a little better with shorter timers in some situations. (I have some nerve with all those long timers I have used :-) )

I could easily make you some 15 second versions of those mp3 files if you want but it might be better if you make some lower quality versions at http://media.io/ I think Nezhul is right. Metronome files can be low quality since all they do is tick! :lol:
Thanks for that link. I think it will do the trick for me.
Thanks for all the help Nezhul and Sexytimes5
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

Guys just one more question, hopefully :-(

How do I know if I have added the mp3 correctly to the script? Is there any way to check this on nyx?
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

You can check if the script is correct and the metronome is playing using the Preview tab. Click on the tab and type in the page you want to check. If it is working correctly it will play.

:wave:
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I think the sweet spot for page length is 30 seconds. It's not too short to not have time to enjoy the picture, and not too long to get bored of it.
Another important thing is to change the picture every page, and have a good variety. Nothing worse than a long tease with 10 pictures total.

As for the size - 500kb is ok I guess.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

Thanks again for all the input guys. Hopefully I will get some time to finish it soon