Icy Hot Alternatives

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
ben1214
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Icy Hot Alternatives

Post by ben1214 »

So I was reading some teases earlier and it said to use some icy hot. I live in the UK and I have never heard of a product called this. Does anyone have any alternatives to this what I am likely to have at home?
I have heard tiger balm is just as good as it is methanol based or something and I have some of this. So I will use this is I can't find anything else.

Thanks
omssx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Icy Hot Alternatives

Post by omssx »

Im in the uk too and i think Deep Heat is the same product, however a strong minty toothpaste is equally as good, it burns a lot and lasts a while so give it a go!
diddums
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diddums »

Deep heat is the same as Icy Hot. It's more fluid than Tiger Balm, which has a similar effect. My tip: first time you try it, go easy, unless you like to suffer. Putting a lot on can be quite alarming if you're not used to it...
Mr.Panty
TOTM Author
TOTM Author

Post by Mr.Panty »

Yes, be careful with the Icy Hot or Deep Heat. The first time I tried putting a little on my balls, I immediately went running to the sink to try and get it off. It was a bit too much for me.

I recommend trying the minty toothpaste first like Omssx suggested. You'd be surprised, especially if you shave first.
Sex is an adventure, and should be explored!
unclephil
Explorer
Explorer

Post by unclephil »

Can it be washed off ok? I've heard that if you try and wash it off it just gets worse. Never plucked up the courage myself, but want to.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

Is deep heat the same? Ive got another product (also in UK) Im sure its made by the same company as deep heat but it is something like 'cold heat'... something like that, its in a blue/silver tube instead of red.
baultista
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by baultista »

ben1214 wrote:So I was reading some teases earlier and it said to use some icy hot. I live in the UK and I have never heard of a product called this. Does anyone have any alternatives to this what I am likely to have at home?
I have heard tiger balm is just as good as it is methanol based or something and I have some of this. So I will use this is I can't find anything else.

Thanks
Tiger Balm will probably burn the skin right off of you. Don't forget that it also smells horrible. IMO it's just too strong.

Icy Hot is just a recognized brand. I personally keep a tub of Deep Cold in my room for sports injuries and the odd tease (lol) and it works well.
drawn
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by drawn »

If you're nervous about Icy Hot or similar products, you can try mixing a little bit (or a not so little bit!) with your favorite lube/oil/etc in your hand, then applying it this way. This will reduce the intensity, all the way down to an interesting tingle with no pain (this can be a lot of fun too). Remember that if you start small you can always add more to the mix as you go, and give it a little while to kick in before going crazy.

As for washing it off, it might help in a while but initially I find it just makes things worse. But hey it can be fun knowing that once you rub some on you're stuck riding it out, even if you change your mind after ;)

Finally I'm pretty sure all these products are more or less the same, I believe the active ingredient is menthol (I am not a chemist) so you can look for that on the packaging.
omssx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by omssx »

As for washing toothpaste off, its not enjoyable but it does come off. If you put loads on it can take a while before the feeling stops but its generally just a lingering cold or cold tingle left over. It doest hurt a bit if the water is too cold or too hot but lots of shampoo and warm water does the trick very quickly.

Try it out with just a small dab of toothpaste on your balls, or even cockhead
Lindsey
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lindsey »

Unless you enjoy the feeling of chemical burns, i'd recommend against this. Some people obviously get off on extreme amounts of pain, but for most, i'd heed the warnings of those who have experimented with it. When I was in school one of the guys I dated at the time didn't wash his hands off very well after putting some Bengay (if I remember correctly) on his knee, which had been bothering him.

I can't say I wanted to die, but I certainly was wishing that I didn't have a vagina for an amount of time. ;)

-L
deviant1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by deviant1 »

Icy Hot won't permantly hurt you, at least not by rubbing it into your skin, that's what it's for after all, isn't it? I actually use it as part of a tease, I coat both hand with it and enjoy a flash tease...If I can't control myself, I have no other option but to use it as a "lubricant" and, well, you know the rest.
skrote
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Proudly owned and serving Miss Tresse, and my wife Miss Rouge.

Post by skrote »

When I was a bit younger (not that I'm old or anything) I once had the idea of masturbating with vapo rub....

It didn't cause a great deal of pain, but at first it wasn't really all that intense, but as the friction built up from it, it really started to have a icy-hot like effect without nearly the same intensity.

The really interesting part came (no pun intended) when I went to wash it off, I hopped in the shower and when water hit the area, It was almost like a pain sensation but it wasn't painful but it was very intense

I've never used it again, but wouldn't be apposed to doin0067 it again either. The really funny part about my experience with this is it was when I lived in my parents basement... anyway what caused me to cut it short was when I heard them starting to question why the whole house smelled like vapo rub... I didn't realize how much more the vapors spread when put in a situation of friction. So if you try this make sure to open a window,

~Skrote
Marke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
I am a: Submissive

Post by Marke »

Now Lindsey's story is true ... ha ha can't help myself. Same happens if you are cooking chili and forget to wash your hands before getting intimate (if you are lucky) or itching your eye.

I'd also echo the thing about chemicals etc and the smell.

BUT beware, chilli is a chemical as well (not wanting to get scientific or anything) and is part of some police control products and personal defence products. These things are meant to hurt and incapacitate. So becareful.

As has been said, start with just a little.

Not really my scene, but the first time I did try (curiosity kills the cat) I went rushing for the shower and that made it worse.

You have to avoid friction.
I Proudly Serve Women