pissed off

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
boringuy1
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

pissed off

Post by boringuy1 »

man this is simply not happening..i just published my tease 5 minutes ago..n yeah it has already got 6 votes..this is not happening..some people just undermine other's work so that that u could win..no use of making webteases
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Re: pissed off

Post by Banquo »

The votes are very individualistic, it could be that the people who viewed it so far just didn't like it, I havent time to look at it myself right now, but you don't know that the average won't go up soon. When you put something out in the public domain you can't be afraid of it being disliked by some. Have faith in your own work. If you thought it was good enough to publish then that is all that matters imo.

Banquo
:fez:
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
boringuy1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by boringuy1 »

its not a flash tease that u can vote immediately..

its a classic tease..you have to go to the last page...so thats pissing someone off
iluvcbt
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iluvcbt »

Hi,

I read, and tried to follow, your latest tease. A little about me...I am a teacher, and I'm also one of those people who cannot read a newspaper or novel with typos without stopping dead in the middle of a sentence when I find one. Your tease, for me, was difficult to follow as you seemed to not obey any rules of grammar or writing (Capital letters to start sentences, correct spelling, etc). It looks like "text talk" to me, and that drives me nuts. I just can't get deeply into it when I can't stand to read it.

From the teasing perspective, you've got a lot of commands with very little reasoning behind them. There are multiple things to do per page, and no real warning (ice, ruler) that they were coming. Mostly, the commands are good, but I go back to the not being able to follow due to poor grammar and spelling bit. I also know that those rules are followed in other languages, so that isn't really an excuse here. I rated your tease a 3, mostly on the basis of difficulty for me to get through.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator

Post by SexualChoc »

First
I have a rule NEVER write a tease for rating write what you want/ desire

It is also good to Test a tease to see how well it works, As all2true I tested all my own teases.

now that being said almost no subby likes a ruin orgasm
also what makes your tease, Special?

there a lot of stroke, edge, stroke... teases out there.

Now I am in no way, not even a little saying it was a bad tease
you used one model throughout
the story fit fairly well.

also I have noticed a trend that regular teases not rating as equal to flashteases.

lastly don't worry as long as it not rated a 1 or 2
you did just fine.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

I think the tease in question is not horrible, although I also cringe a bit when I see "u" used instead of "you", etc. But I don't have time to read it carefully, although I can see that the model is hot, which is good.

I do think that there are some (very small mumber of) folks out there who rate certain types of teases very poorly, perhaps because they are trying to enforce their own ideas of what should be valued here at milovana. It's gotten so bad that I've become quite discouraged myself. I agree that the best advice is to write what you want and not worry about the ratings.
maleloveshumiliation
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maleloveshumiliation »

I just read a few pages of your tease and it is not that bad. Like the others have said fix grammar errors. I don't mind text talk on facebook, in a text message places like that, but when reading a story, or on this site teases it is nice to have proper grammar. I see it is rated 3 stars if this is your first tease then I would say that is not bad and you can always improve. Good luck on future teases.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

The first page of
You are mine by boringuy1
Reads as,

Spoiler: show
hey my horny stroker. i know you are here because you want to be teased. i will give you just what u desire. a chance to cum. maybe twice or thrice. i hope you have that much cum in your balls. if not then you don't have a choice. you have to get through this tease with me

items required::
ice cubes(lots of them)
wooden ruler or substitute to hit your balls

After using
http://spellcheckplus.com/
Applying most of their recommendations
You will get

Spoiler: show
Hey my horny stroker. I know you are here because you want to be teased. I will give you just what you desire. A chance to cum. Maybe twice or thrice. I hope you have that much cum in your balls. If not, then you don't have a choice. You have to get through this tease with me

Items required::

Ice cubes (lots of them)

Wooden ruler or substitute to hit your balls
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Tobias23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Tobias23 »

Maybe you are wondering how someone could have 'done' the tease within 5 minutes and already voted on it.

Well for me it goes like this: I start reading the tease, sometimes the first page, sometimes a few pages, depending on how long they are, until I get a 'first feeling' of the tease. Then I decide:

a) I put it into the 'maybe do it for real'-category, where I will bookmark it for later use, when I have the time and commitment to follow the tease for real.

b) I keep on reading, because it was interesting and I see it as a good story rather than a 'tease to follow'.

c) I start skipping ahead, because I didn't like what I read so far, and I want to peek ahead with the thought of 'maybe it gets better'. If it doesn't I skip to the end and vote.

And thats what happened with your tease. I didn't get into the 'fantasy' so a) wasn't an option, and the spelling and grammar felt like a kick in the balls while reading it, so I skipped ahead and gave a 3 for effort. Time <5min.

cya
Tobi
Dream_On
Chat Moderator

Post by Dream_On »

Unfortunately sometimes other people will not think your tease is as good as you think it is. Many people will nitpick over spelling and grammar errors when rating teases. When people see spelling/grammar errors in a tease it usually makes them feel that the tease was rushed. If you take the time to correct those the tease will look like much more effort was put into it and tend to be rated higher. Some people may have just not liked your tease. Whatever the case please do not take the ratings as an attack on you, just the opinion of other people. Do not let a few bad ratings make you give up creating teases. Perhaps create threads for feedback on your teases and take the constructive criticism given there to make your current and future teases better.
Sett
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sett »

Just a little more oil in the fire.
English is not my native language, so i mostly encounter it in written form. Therefore i'm used to proper grammar, that is therefore easy for me to read and i don't have to concentrate on figuring out the meaning of the text. If on the other hand i encounter some anomally, whether i am consciously familiar with it's meaning or not, i have to think about it, because my subconsciousness doesn't figure it out. It doesn't really matter in most cases, but in our case, state of mind is essencial, and constant interuptions are a surefire way to make it NOT work. Think watching a romantic movie with your girlfriend, while her parents are arguing in the next room. That won't get her very hot, would it?

BONUS FACT:
I believe most poeple know this one:
Understanding it is one thing, masturbating to it is quite another...
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Once upon a time there was only two versions of a language.
National or Academic.
Regional or Colloquial.

Now we have the electronic variants
That are full of short cuts.

Abhorrences same say

But in truth the Academic version is still the most widely understood and appreciated.

                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
boringuy1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by boringuy1 »

Thanks guys..made some changes..like no short forms..starting the line with a capital letters..made some changes related to Grammer..do try my tease if u want to..let me know if it still lacks somewhere
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

It's the same everywhere. No matter how good something is, there will be people who vote negatively.
First you should consider the difference in opinions. For example for me every tease with too much backtrack text (story), teases with cbt and pain, humiliation and a lot of other things - are bad apriory. Me - I just do not rate those. But someone does rate everything no matter if he likes it or not.
The other thing is there's always people who will vote negative if something is good. Everywhere, not only on Milovana. See youtube - EVERY video has a few negative votes.

That said... Why the hell do you even write teases? For the rating? Why bother then? And if it's not for the rating, then you shouldn't care. Of course it's cool if your tease gets a lot of stars, but really not at all that important.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love: