Offline Teases (TeaseMe)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

meson1
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Offline Teases (TeaseMe)

Post by meson1 »

d3vi0n wrote:
I too am interested in using compound conditions (i.e. A+B and A|B). However, I am unable to fathom the exact syntax required.
Compound conditions (i.e. A+B and A|B). are not included in the latest Release of TeaseMe (v0.1.1)! Only the "work in progress" source code on github (see url in first post) supports this feature. I'm not sure what else Takenaga changed in the source code files. He sends me a message when the source code files are prepared to create a new release. We wanted to have more than compound conditions to create a new release version.
Great. That's fine then. I'll do it another way for now.

I know it might be a while, but I look forward to the next release. :-D
meson1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by meson1 »

I've been doing a lot of mucking around with TeaseMe of late. It's got a lot of potential as a platform for teases in it's own right. But I've come across one important flaw. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before or not, but I'll put it out there and see what you think.

For TeaseMe to function identically to FlashTease, pages should be set automatically when you visit them. So, one would think that setting <AutoSetPageWhenSeen> to true would accomplish this, and it does. Except (here comes the flaw) the decision of whether or not you should or shouldn't goto a page should only occur if the target clause specifies a range of pages (i.e. when you use the syntax target="(from..to)" ). But if you specify a page as an explicit target (e.g. target="pagex") the program should goto said page regardless of whether it is set or not.

This would then make TeaseMe work exactly the same as FlashTease and would make far more imported teases function as they should without having to go in and modify the xml code.
MrDigital
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MrDigital »

I don't know if someone already said that:

When there is a time-based site and a countdown runs then it is always said how long the countdown is. In some webteases the countdown is only with a "?" and the time isn't shown.

Is it a bug or maybe a feature?! ;-)
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

It is an intentional feature, yes...

Some timers you are supposed to know how long are - others not. ;-)
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

MrDigital wrote:When there is a time-based site and a countdown runs then it is always said how long the countdown is. In some webteases the countdown is only with a "?" and the time isn't shown.
Let me guess... you imported a webtease and every delay is visible even if the same delay isn't shown at the online tease? It's a bug... You have to fix the delays in the xml after import. There a 3 types of delays: style="normal" (remaining time shown), style="secret" (??:?? shown) and style="hidden" (nothing shown). The importer sets all delays to "normal". This should be fixed in the next release of TeaseMe.
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
wheresmything
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wheresmything »

Sometime ago, I suggested adding support for downloading the non-flash teases as well, I was wondering if the idea has been considered or not, and whether there are plans to add it?
Gsus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gsus »

Since I upgraded my PC and reinstalled windows I can't get Teaseme to work. I've tried various compatibility settings, giving permissions to it, but it crashes every time.

I've tried a fresh "install", tried in different directories... nothing seems to sort it.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: teaseme.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.1.1.0
Problem Signature 03: 4f1515c9
Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ef6cb85
Problem Signature 07: 199a
Problem Signature 08: 2
Problem Signature 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

@Gsus : I have no clue, you shouldn't have to tweak the security settings. A new release is expected to be published soon, maybe it will be solved. Does it crash when opening a tease or when starting or in the middle of a tease? Is Windows Media Player installed? TeaseMe requires Microsoft.NET 3.5.

I stopped trying to make a Mac version, it was a nice to have, but didn't bring new functionality to the table (and to be honest, I got a bit stuck). I moved on with the HTML-tease-download. Almost done, I hope to publish it next weekend.

After that, I'll focus on the use of variables (not only flags, but also integers and strings). If you, as a tease author want to use variables, can you please PM me a detailed description how you are planning to use it so that I have a better understanding and probably can make your life easier.
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!
Gsus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gsus »

.NET is installed - I've checked and validated the install. Windows Media player is removed through control panel. It crashes when I launch the program.
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

Gsus wrote:.NET is installed - I've checked and validated the install. Windows Media player is removed through control panel. It crashes when I launch the program.
TeaseMe uses Windows Media Player to play audio and video so that is probably the cause. Why do you want to remove Windows Media Player? If you want to look at movies in VLC orso, why don't you just configure the default program for those file-types? Or do you have another reason to remove WMP?
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

@d3vi0n : Do your thing.... I'm done with the html download. Let's make the users happy :-D
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

In the meantime, you can download a beta version of the program here:
https://github.com/TakenagaT/TeaseMe/downloads

There are no teases included in this zipfile, only the program. You can open all teases from the previous version or download some new flash and html :w00t: teases from milovana.

Please report any errors.
Gsus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gsus »

Takenaga wrote:
Gsus wrote:.NET is installed - I've checked and validated the install. Windows Media player is removed through control panel. It crashes when I launch the program.
TeaseMe uses Windows Media Player to play audio and video so that is probably the cause. Why do you want to remove Windows Media Player? If you want to look at movies in VLC orso, why don't you just configure the default program for those file-types? Or do you have another reason to remove WMP?
I thought that would be the answer when you asked if had media player installed. I removed media centre because I have an alternative, and just removed the entire tree. With Media Player restored, TeaseMe works.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Hope this is ok to post this here.
Love the work you guys have been doing.
I have been playing around with an android version.
project is on google code
http://code.google.com/p/android-tease-me/

I am also doing a tease editor in VB.net, so if anyone is interested (and I ever finish it) I can post that as well.

The android version is basic at the moment.
Does.
Audio, Metronome, Images, Text and Buttons.
Should do random pages and images.
Doesn't do
any of the set / unset etc. more complex logic, but I do plan to implement it.

The source code is up there as well, this is my first android project and I have tested it on a version 2.1 phone.
If you think this would be better on a different thread let me know.
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

@philo:
Does your program use the same XML-format? That would make sharing teases a lot easier for the users. If not, I think you better start a new thread, it would be confusing if two different programs with two different formats are on this thread.

Please share your editor; I use a plain text editor myself but can imagine that a lot of users want more guidance (pun intended).