Anal pressure sensor

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Jabber
Explorer
Explorer

Anal pressure sensor

Post by Jabber »

I just build an anal pressure sensor, and it was quite simple.

If you want to do this, you need:
- An inflatable buttplug
- Some plastic tube and glue
- A 24PCCFA6G pressure sensor
- An INA122 instrumentation amplifier
- A 1.5Kohm resistor
- An Arduino or something else to read the output

The INA122 is probably overkill, but I had one of these already, and using it makes the circuit really simple.

Here is the circuit: http://bayimg.com/image/iapbhaabh.jpg

Cut a small hole in the side of the tube to the inflatable buttplug, and glue the plastic tube to the hole. Air should be able to flow freely into the tube, and the connection should of course be airtight. Connect the other end of the tube to the pressure sensor, build the circuit, and you are done.
Jabber
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Anal pressure sensor

Post by Jabber »

abraves4410 wrote:do u really need a circuit or can u just use a nice analog little gauge hooked up to a "t" on the hose outside
Of course you could just add an analog gauge to measure rectal pressure.

But the reason I built the circuit is that it can be useful as an input device for teledildonics and interaction with a new generation of more advanced interactive teases. I had the output from the circuit connected to an analog input on an Arduino, which sent the measurements to my PC.
Jabber
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jabber »

ariareflection wrote:Just a question of quriosity... When you're about to cum and your muscles contract, how much do the Pascal alter?
Unfortunately I am not that much into anal play, so my testing was rather quick and I was not near cumming. But I could see the effect of squeezing the buttplug.

But I guess there will be significant pressure changes just before we cum. Unfortunately a similar increase in pressure is seen when the buttplug is further inflated.

However, if the pressure is sampled with a high enough frequency (like 100 Hz) and sent to the PC for postprocessing and spectral analysis, I guess some significant changes can be seen just before orgasm.

A study on female orgasms found that this technique can be used to detect if orgasms are real, as opposed to faked or failed orgasms: http://www.springerlink.com/content/f88946045753741r/
Jabber
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jabber »

abraves4410 wrote:it couldve been a lot simpler, and i doubt most ppl would know nething about that diagram lol
That's the nice thing about the circuit having been designed and the diagram published. Now people without knowledge of electronics design can build it too. I claim no rights to the circuit, so everybody can use it in whatever way they like.

Of course this is just one of a few early experiments (like the penile plethysmograph seraph0x recently built for measuring erection). Other interesting input devices could be an EMG for measuring muscle activity, an ECG for measuring pulse and a galvanic skin response (skin conductance) sensor. Combine this with a few drivers for controlling vibrators, and perhaps a TENS unit, and you have a very interesting USB device that could be mass-produced and sold for under US$100. This device could be used for teledildonics or a new generation of advanced interactive teases.
impulse321
Explorer
Explorer

Post by impulse321 »

Jabber wrote:
ariareflection wrote:Just a question of quriosity... When you're about to cum and your muscles contract, how much do the Pascal alter?
Unfortunately I am not that much into anal play, so my testing was rather quick and I was not near cumming. But I could see the effect of squeezing the buttplug.

But I guess there will be significant pressure changes just before we cum. Unfortunately a similar increase in pressure is seen when the buttplug is further inflated.

Yes, but the inflation will be a DC level shift, but muscle contractions should cause non-DC pulses/variations.

However, if the pressure is sampled with a high enough frequency (like 100 Hz) and sent to the PC for postprocessing and spectral analysis, I guess some significant changes can be seen just before orgasm.

A study on female orgasms found that this technique can be used to detect if orgasms are real, as opposed to faked or failed orgasms: http://www.springerlink.com/content/f88946045753741r/
Thanks for posting this link. I found it surprizing that the most significant changes were at fairly high frequencies. I've done a little experimentation along these lines, but my "toy" cannot distinguish higher-frequency muscle contractions from its own vibration.... A (kinky) Engineer's work is apparently never done!
tdres
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tdres »

Jabber wrote:I just build an anal pressure sensor, and it was quite simple.
Ok. I've built a similar device

I used a freescale MPXV7002DP. It's a 5V part with two air ports. It outputs 2.5V if they are in equilibrium, and goes up or down depending on whether there's negative or positive pressure differential. It reads from -2 to 2kpa and the response seems to be linear. The highest pressure that will not damage the sensor is 75kpa. The sensor output can be connected directly to a 5V microcontroller analog input. On a 0-1024 A2D scale, probe inserted was 516 and values >520 were seen on contractions. A self-calibrating algorithm is to watch the long term vs. short term average output value and flag any deviations as contractions.

The probe was 2 inches of very flexible silicone tubing with a knot tied on the end. It was connected to the top port of the MXV7002DP with a few feet of slightly stiffer plastic tubing. The other port was left open. I could not test this sensor with an inflatable plug, as the pressure required to keep the plug inflated put the sensor off the top end of its scale.

Involuntary contractions during the male plateau phase were reliably detected.
dupko
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dupko »

Jabber wrote:I just build an anal pressure sensor, and it was quite simple.

If you want to do this, you need:
- An inflatable buttplug
- Some plastic tube and glue
- A 24PCCFA6G pressure sensor
- An INA122 instrumentation amplifier
- A 1.5Kohm resistor
- An Arduino or something else to read the output

The INA122 is probably overkill, but I had one of these already, and using it makes the circuit really simple.

Here is the circuit: http://bayimg.com/image/iapbhaabh.jpg

Cut a small hole in the side of the tube to the inflatable buttplug, and glue the plastic tube to the hole. Air should be able to flow freely into the tube, and the connection should of course be airtight. Connect the other end of the tube to the pressure sensor, build the circuit, and you are done.
:whistle: