PC Mistress

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Yanker
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

PC Mistress

Post by Yanker »

Hi All,
Does anyone know what happened with the PC Mistress project that was running on Yahoo Groups? (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcmistress2/) The site and all its offshoots appear to be nothing more than spam repositories these days.

Yanker
Yanker
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: PC Mistress

Post by aldorax »

PCM was relatively discontinued in lieu of the CyberMistress program and the rise of sites like this one.

I have a ton of "classic" PCM scripts that I wanted to run a few weeks ago for old times sake but unfortunately they (or the program) didn't work on my XP machine. Even the PCM3 Java version was incompatiable with MacOSX and XP from what I could tell. Le sigh.

Wish there was a way to convert those scripts -- some of them were REALLY WELL DONE!
Yanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Yanker »

Thanks aldorax. It's a shame, because I too really enjoyed the format. CyberMistress hasn't really worked for me, though it is a while since I last tried it. Re PCM working on an XP machine, I have not had that problem, though I do remember having to perform a little mod to get it going. It was all documented in the later groups, so it may be worth a revisit.

Yanker
Yanker
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

I tried Cybermistress for a bit
but was discouraged when the PC Mistress mood didn't really change from day to day
The program was not quite interactive enough
and I had difficulty getting the different teases into the program itself
The tasks were cool
But I have found more enjoyment looking at webteases on Milovana
either
a)doing the latest tease
OR
b)doing a random

Has worked well for daily mistress instructions for me anyways
andys_uk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by andys_uk »

Aldorax

If you don't want to root through all the PCM groups I have the two installation files if you want them. One is the original program and then they did a fix for some reason. Works ok on my XP machine.

A
aldorax
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by aldorax »

andys_uk wrote:Aldorax

If you don't want to root through all the PCM groups I have the two installation files if you want them. One is the original program and then they did a fix for some reason. Works ok on my XP machine.

A
That'd be great -- can you rapidshare / savefile them for others who may want it? Dont think we can post attachments here in the forums. Thanks!
andys_uk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by andys_uk »

Hi

I've set them up here;

http://www.crystallis.co.uk/dload_milo.htm

It's not navigable from the main pages as it kinda detracts from the rest of the theme! Hope you get on well with them.

A
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

Anybody here try Virtual Master? It doesn't have any visual aids as far as I know of, but it's just something to control yourself with. You tell it what you're wearing, it tells you what to wear, you ask permission to eat, stroke, etc. It gives punishments if you've admitted to doing something wrong or you haven't checked in or taken too long to do something.

I don't use it, but I've taken a look. It's originally for male masters but can be used just as easily to become a female mistress. Only thing is it's a lot of scripting to make something good for it. >.< Link to it is here. Would be great for someone to make a T&D mistress script!
Evals
neloangelo1227
Explorer
Explorer

Post by neloangelo1227 »

I've rapidshare'd my PCM folder, in case people want to get a bunch of scripts without having to spelunk in the horrible depths of the Yahoo groups. If anyone has other scripts, you should post them here, too!

http://rapidshare.com/files/130263693/pcm.tar
"Submission, like apology, is often mistaken for a sign of weakness."
motsel
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by motsel »

PCM v 2 died about 4-5 years ago when the original Australian programmer had a hard disk crash and did not have backups of the source code. The original PCM2 had an encoded "kill" date that prevented users from running the program after 2003. One of the group members was able to reverse enginer the program and removed the endcode "kill" date. The PCM groups have, as previously noted, become havens for spammers.

PCM3 and PCMDev development appears to have lost intrest.

Virual Master 2.6 was only a beta and had suffered the same fate as PCM2 where the developer had lost the source code due to hardware issues. However, the developer is currently working on a beta version 3 rewrite which has significantly different coding syntax such that v2 scripts will not run on V3.

CyberMistress is a like a cross of the PCM and Virtual Master and has come great lengths since its earlier version. In fact it even has a conversion tool of Milovana teases that can be downloaded and run offline. The scripting language is relatively easier than Virtual Master to learn. Some relatively simple changes to the downloaded script can make the converted tease automatic like the Flash teases.
aldorax
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by aldorax »

motsel wrote:PCM v 2 died about 4-5 years ago when the original Australian programmer had a hard disk crash and did not have backups of the source code. The original PCM2 had an encoded "kill" date that prevented users from running the program after 2003. One of the group members was able to reverse enginer the program and removed the endcode "kill" date. The PCM groups have, as previously noted, become havens for spammers.

PCM3 and PCMDev development appears to have lost intrest.

Virual Master 2.6 was only a beta and had suffered the same fate as PCM2 where the developer had lost the source code due to hardware issues. However, the developer is currently working on a beta version 3 rewrite which has significantly different coding syntax such that v2 scripts will not run on V3.

CyberMistress is a like a cross of the PCM and Virtual Master and has come great lengths since its earlier version. In fact it even has a conversion tool of Milovana teases that can be downloaded and run offline. The scripting language is relatively easier than Virtual Master to learn. Some relatively simple changes to the downloaded script can make the converted tease automatic like the Flash teases.
Yeah, that's a good summary of what happened, though I didn't know about the 'kill switch' in the program.

That said, does anyone know if there is an easy method to convert PCM/PCM2/PCM3 scripts (.sbd or .imp) to CyberMistress other than manually redoing them in the "current" scripting language? There were some amazing scripts that would be fantastic to run and/or make available under systems like Milovana or CyberMistress.
Nikki
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Nikki »

all2true wrote:I tried Cybermistress for a bit
but was discouraged when the PC Mistress mood didn't really change from day to day
I loved that line ;)

Nikki
sevenofnine
Explorer
Explorer
Dom/me(s): not owned
Sub/Slave(s): have had some but only in virtual , but not in the moment

please delete this post

Post by sevenofnine »

please delete this post
Last edited by sevenofnine on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Resistance is futile ... you will be electrocuted :!:
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by green »

sevenofnine wrote:I found a software such as PC mistress at www.adultgamecontrol.com.
a free version exist :smile:
Eww.
I don't like it it. It looks ugly and there isn't even one script available for it.
Play video films (synchronized film. other software cannot do this !!!)
LOL!

//by looking at it again. I have to admit that the whole programme is a joke. I dont ment to offend the author but it's probably made in about 2 hours and the author wants 30€ for a licence. And you don't really benefit from a licencse, since there seems to be no content at all.

hmn..

-green-
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
solipsist
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): Ms160

Post by solipsist »

Pcm3 still shows some signs of life - apparently some files that the text-to-speech library required were missing from later JDK versions, but the missing files are now available on the yahoo group.

The source code for pcm3 is still available for anyone who wants to contribute, both in development of the tool, new/improved scripting languages or PCM2 compatibility.

-- s